←  C&C: Red Alert 3 Editing

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Player Powers

R3ven's Photo R3ven 08 May 2010

Well, I've been working on 3 player powers recently(1 per faction) and once I get them working as I want them, I'll take a few videos of them.

But I also want some more idea for new player powers. These will be unlocked in a similar fashion as Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath powers. But you will only get them from a few buildings. These are Airfields, Tech 2 structures, and Research Facilities. You will get 1 or two per building.

The three powers that I am currently working on are simple. The Allies have a bombing run, Soviets are getting a Vehicle Drop, and the Empire is getting an Offshore Bombardment power.

I'm doing them one at a time right now, but have a basis with which to start the code. The names should be pretty sufficient at describing what they do and are for.

But on to the main point, as I stated before, I'm in need of ideas. Throw whatever you have at me, I'm sure I could put anything to use with my map scripting ability(if only I could map as well as I script maps).

Any ideas are appreciated.

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 08 May 2010

I'm guessing this is for RA3?

*moved to RA3 section

CJ's Photo CJ 08 May 2010

What about a special overload system for the Soviets : All the units in a selected area lose a lot of armor and gain more firepower for a limited time.
Also, a defense spawner for the Empire, since they're using nanocores to build their defenses, maybe they could just paradrop a defense nanocore in a specified area :P
As for Allies, I'd see a power similar to the leaftlet drop, but that would just slow down the production speed of affected buildings, and weaken the enemies in the zone for some time...

That's all I can think of atm.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 08 May 2010

paradrop for allies deployed from airfield? I miss them since RA2.

Thanks I guess for the move Bob :P

I'm liking that Overload idea a lot and a paradrop is very possible.

Thanks for these suggstions. I'm sure I could make use of them on some map(spawner objects own!) :duh:

Glad I could be of a help here :P

BTW, I was wondering, is there a possibility of creating a tunnel-network or Scrin portal system in RA3? That could be a useful power for the allies, a bit like the Chronosphere, but instead of teleporting the units in a given zone, it could stay as long as it's not destroyed, and can be used by any player.

Yeah, as long as EA didn't break that code like they did squad code. RA3 and TW share a lot of code. Except EA somehow fudged up the RA3 engine with some TW code. Especially squads, which really made me mad that I couldn't use them without that bad work-around I made a few months ago.

Squad system is useless IMO, I prefer being able to garrison vehicles and buildings with my own combinations of units than with a single type D:

Yeah, I suppose. I just thought it worked really well in Tiberium Wars :P