←  Game Matchmaking

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Shockwave

Alias's Photo Alias 29 Jun 2010

So, I'm finally getting back into it.

Barely any of you lazy bastards that I used to play with are around anymore. That needs to change.

Who wants to have some games of Shockwav sometime? :D
Edited by Alias, 29 June 2010 - 15:15.

JJ's Photo JJ 30 Jun 2010

I would, but I live in a quirky time zone, and I have the sleep routine of a normal person, ie sleep at night, so yea, probably only Friday and Saturday night for me.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 30 Jun 2010

I would if they ever bothered to release a patch, cant play it now that everyone knows how to exploit all the imbalances

Alias's Photo Alias 30 Jun 2010

Most people don't use exploits. ;_;
The ones who do suck enough that they are easily schooled.

I for one refuse to build Bradleys completely, along with a bunch of other things.

I know Ghostrider said he'd get back into it in August.
Edited by Alias, 30 June 2010 - 12:18.

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 30 Jun 2010

Quite true Alias, I'd love for everyone to get as much into shockwave as they used to be.

As for the exploits, they were kind of fun to have in certain situations (like when we did 2 vanilla gens on 1 inf gen, for example). I wouldn't mind still playing with them, as good as a patch would be. :D

Chyros's Photo Chyros 30 Jun 2010

I definitely wanna play again some time, but it might take a while :D .

Good to hear, guys.

I'm certainly up for a few over the weekend, will have finished all pressing assignment work by then.

SonicBoom's Photo SonicBoom 30 Jun 2010

I'd be all over it if Generals ran on vista...

Zhao's Photo Zhao 30 Jun 2010

View PostSonicBoom, on 30 Jun 2010, 16:26, said:

WHAT YOU SIR JUST SAID , MADE NO FUCKING SENSE AT ALL.

CJ's Photo CJ 30 Jun 2010

View PostAaron:Wii, on 30 Jun 2010, 16:45, said:

Actually, it does. Most users don't know how to get Zero Hour working on 64 bits versions of Windows. :D

I run Zero Hour on 64 bit Windows 7 without having to change anything. It runs right out of the box.

Vista is a lot more troublesome than Win7, though.

View PostCJ, on 30 Jun 2010, 16:56, said:

View PostAaron:Wii, on 30 Jun 2010, 16:45, said:

Actually, it does. Most users don't know how to get Zero Hour working on 64 bits versions of Windows. :D

5 mins on google.

View PostAlias, on 30 Jun 2010, 17:03, said:

I run Zero Hour on 64 bit Windows 7 without having to change anything. It runs right out of the box.

Vista is a lot more troublesome than Win7, though.

I ran it directly on both OSes, although I had to fiddle a bit with the resolution line because my screen's resolution wasn't supported.
I suppose it must depend of your luck, or maybe is it related to that UAC thingy, first thing I did was to disable it, but many people don't, and it can prevent some programs from accessing/modifying system files sometimes :D

I ran ZH on Vista 64 bit with a huge screen with 0 issues (When we rented a PC for some reason)

Libains's Photo Libains 30 Jun 2010

I am certainly up for it, but due to th job eating my life away, I'll only be available for maybe 2 days out of the week, and evenings if I am awake enough to participate. I used to love our ShockWave community, and would give good money to see it restarted again. Hell, I'd give more money to have them release their current build, which, unless it has been massively modified since I last saw it, fixes nearly all of the annoying imbalances. Community patch anyone?

I wouldent mind a community patch about right now :D

Chyros's Photo Chyros 30 Jun 2010

Meh, no need to do it yourself. It will still take a while, but it's not on hold :D .

View PostChyros, on 30 Jun 2010, 22:43, said:

Meh, no need to do it yourself. It will still take a while, but it's not on hold :D .

I think we all know SWR's definition of "Coming Soon" by now, how much time has it been since they posted that announcement? :P

View PostCJ, on 30 Jun 2010, 21:41, said:

I think we all know SWR's definition of "Coming Soon" by now, how much time has it been since they posted that announcement? :P

2 years 5 months 3 weeks

Libains's Photo Libains 30 Jun 2010

View PostAaron:Wii, on 30 Jun 2010, 22:59, said:

2 years 5 months 3 weeks

Actually, it's now a little over a year for the one CJ is referring to. However, the last patch for it was April '08 (iirc), which would make your timing still pretty far off. Suffice to say it's been over two years.
Edited by AjPod, 30 June 2010 - 22:27.

Kaido's Photo Kaido 30 Jun 2010

View PostAjPod, on 1 Jul 2010, 0:26, said:

View PostAaron:Wii, on 30 Jun 2010, 22:59, said:

2 years 5 months 3 weeks

Actually, it's now a little over a year for the one CJ is referring to. However, the last patch for it was April '08 (iirc), which would make your timing still pretty far off. Suffice to say it's been over two years.

1. April
Edited by -drag-, 30 June 2010 - 22:33.

I was taking a good prediction when it was last notified.

Nem's Photo Nem 01 Jul 2010

In some cases windows firewall for Windows vista, or 7 will crash Zero Hour on boot up. It's also very common for it to interfer with hamachi as well.

If you want to Shockwave boot up xfire and join the Inner Circle, We are the largest active shockwave population.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 01 Jul 2010

View PostCJ, on 30 Jun 2010, 23:41, said:

I think we all know SWR's definition of "Coming Soon" by now, how much time has it been since they posted that announcement? :)
I never said it'd be soon though, did I? :P

JJ's Photo JJ 01 Jul 2010

View PostChyros, on 1 Jul 2010, 12:06, said:

View PostCJ, on 30 Jun 2010, 23:41, said:

I think we all know SWR's definition of "Coming Soon" by now, how much time has it been since they posted that announcement? :)
I never said it'd be soon though, did I? :P

Problem is, the leader seemed to be waiting for silly reasons. As you probably know, SWR has this habit of making everything look pretty and perfect (to them) before releasing stuff, which causes stuff to take forever to release.