←  Crazy Mod

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Render: USA Aeolus Re-Make

Jordan's Photo Jordan 30 Jun 2010

USA Aeolus Super Tank

The Air-Force general needed a super unit, one that would use his unique fan technology and improve upon it significantly. And so the Aeolus super tank was created to fill this role.

Posted Image

Sporting two absolutely massive airplane turbines scrapped from jumbo jets, the Aeolus uses their combined thrust to propel enemy units skyward further than ever before. The winds produced by the turbines can even reach hurricane-level forces, tearing down buildings and base defenses in its way.

Special Ability:
The unique feature of the Aeolus is its Hurricane mode. In this mode, the Aeolus creates a 180 degree "wall" of wind in front of it, which pushes away enemy units, and still can damage structures and base defenses. It can even prevent enemy units from moving into attack range of the Aeolus. A new strategy might be to lay down a wall of wind, and then have artillery units attack safely from behind the wall.

As with all super units, the Aeolus costs $3000 and requires a Strategy Center to be constructed.

Credit goes to Camille for his original Hivestorm MLRS model, which was used as the chassis for the Aeolus.

This is actually a re-make of the Aeolus supertank I posted a while back, but never officially released. You can see a render of the original model below:

Posted Image

-Jordan
Edited by Jordan, 01 July 2010 - 00:45.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 30 Jun 2010

Sweet, looks like fun! :D

Camille's Photo Camille 01 Jul 2010

yeah i used to be prey :D glad to see it was used this nicely!

the unit looks like a lot of fun indeed :P

Destiny's Photo Destiny 01 Jul 2010

I hope it works against super units, unlike the Fan Truck...

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 01 Jul 2010

Hmm, it does actually remind me of a tank that had 2 turbines as weapon in a rather old XBox game... Looks...windsome :D

Alias's Photo Alias 01 Jul 2010

That looks great, Jordan.

Love the turbines. :D

WarMenace's Photo WarMenace 01 Jul 2010

That is freakin amazing man, but how do you pronounce it's name.. Aye-Oh-Less or something?

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 01 Jul 2010

I'd guess "Eiolis"

Kris's Photo Kris 01 Jul 2010

Haha, that unit is full of air that it would blow you away :D

Jordan's Photo Jordan 01 Jul 2010

Boredom + M1A1 Abrams Tank + Aeolus Tank = ???

The Answer:
Posted Image

I got bored, and thought that those turbines on the Aeolos might look good as a Podracer. :P So, I got to work and made one out of it. Not sure if I'll have a use for it though. :D

-Jordan

CJ's Photo CJ 01 Jul 2010

Luke Skyjordan :P
Nope, seriously, this is awesome! :D

ROFL, that reminds me of the old Starwars racing game i used to play back in 1999-2000 :D

Jordan's Photo Jordan 01 Jul 2010

Here's a screenshot of an Aeolus sending a Nukerlord over a few Crop Dusters:

Posted Image

It's a bit more effective than the Tornado Tank or Fan Truck. I'm still working on the Hurricane Wall ability, right now it looks like it is creating a wall of toxic smoke.

-Jordan

Add somekind of Wind "trail" on it :D
Edited by Kris, 01 July 2010 - 05:19.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 01 Jul 2010

Awesome stuff :P

I love the Podracer rip off :D

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 01 Jul 2010

Nice jordan, looks much better than the first model :D

Camille's Photo Camille 01 Jul 2010

nice one :P it could be a very, very fast tank that can't take sharp turns :D

HHKelevra's Photo HHKelevra 03 Jul 2010

Does the Podracer tank blow stuff away as well?

If not, I would suggest giving it a 'sonic-boom' sort of attack. It charges at the enemy and the force of it damages them.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 04 Jul 2010

The podracer doesnt exist, but is just existing because of boreddom. It might grow out into an unit. I dont think that it should launch units. Rather, I'd like him to be able to go flying for 1 minute

Rai's Photo Rai 07 Jul 2010

Can you give us a specific detail on what kind would the "wall of wind" look like? I am particularly interested in weapons using natural disasters, right now. Oh and I absolutely love the work. :confused:

Gen.Kenobi's Photo Gen.Kenobi 09 Jul 2010

Oh my god! The podracer is amazing!

If you're not going to use, please realese it! I can imagine myself having a lot of fun, making a pod-race :read:

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 09 Jul 2010

View PostJordan, on 30 Jun 2010, 22:30, said:

Posted Image

After viewing the Hurricane mode, I was actually reminded of the podracers from Star Wars. Good stuff though Jordan. Another quality crazy mod unit, as if anything else could be expected.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 09 Jul 2010

Omg that podracer is genius!

Wizard's Photo Wizard 09 Jul 2010

View PostPav:3d, on 9 Jul 2010, 8:59, said:

Omg that podracer is genius!

^ this and then some.

At the Aeolus can you code it so that it sucks any infantry units behind it in, killing them instantly? That sounds pretty crazy.

Camille's Photo Camille 09 Jul 2010

or make it the fastest unit in the game... as long as it travels in a straight line :read:

EDIT: dang i'm sure i've posted this already...
Edited by Camille, 09 July 2010 - 10:15.