←  Crazy Mod

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Render: GLA Swordion

Jordan's Photo Jordan 03 Jul 2010

GLA Swordion Tank

After a GLA task force was decimated by advanced USA melee weaponry, the GLA decided they needed melee vehicles of their own. A GLA commander tore down several of those statues of crossed swords coming from the ground, and had them bolted to Scorpion tank turrets. This was the result:

Posted Image

This is the GLA Swordion tank. Swinging their massive Scimitars horizontally, they can cut down massive swathes of enemy troops in front of them. They excel at anti-infantry, due to the devastating power of the giant sword against infantry, and the new supercharged engines for Swordion tanks. However, they do not gain the Scorpion rocket like the normal tanks, as they can't be used effectively. The turret must point backwards to minimize the Swordion's profile when moving, as otherwise it would bump into structures, accidentally clothesline friendly infantry, and other negative side-effects.

The only way to cram this into a GLA Arms Dealer is to make a Melee Vehicle commandset like USA. This might be a good option, as it also would allow for other melee vehicles in the future. Also, it would make melee vehicles a basic faction exclusive, while the generals have a variety of specialized weapons instead. The melee vehicle commandset button can just replace the pointless SetRallyPoint button, which does nothing as clicking when you have the building selected does that anyways.

Basic cost and build time will be the same as that of a normal Scorpion tank.

-Jordan

Libains's Photo Libains 03 Jul 2010

Win, win, win. Jordan, me loves it lots :P

HHKelevra's Photo HHKelevra 03 Jul 2010

Why not have a Melee General as well?

TheDR's Photo TheDR 03 Jul 2010

Awesome :D

I can't wait to see it in action :P

Zhao's Photo Zhao 03 Jul 2010

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP.

GuardianTempest's Photo GuardianTempest 03 Jul 2010

Wow, never expected this.
You've hit genius again.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 04 Jul 2010

Jordan, you're really crazy genius!
but I hope the Iraqis are not angry seeing this. :P

so... the one with two swords are the salvage upgrade? first or second upgrade?

and will you also make something from the GLA victory statue? (the one with gripped AK47)

Jordan's Photo Jordan 04 Jul 2010

Just a quick screenshot of a Salvage 2 Swordion hacking away at a group of Technicians:

Posted Image

The first salvage gives it a bigger sword, and the second gives it two of the bigger swords.

-Jordan

CJ's Photo CJ 04 Jul 2010

Errr... Why is there a silly explosion-like effect? Does the blades have some kind of explosive coating? D:

Alias's Photo Alias 04 Jul 2010

Love it Jordan, brilliant idea, and as always, brilliantly butchered (although this time it looks like the unit is doing the butchering :P).

R3ven's Photo R3ven 04 Jul 2010

Alias, on 4 Jul 2010, 3:38, said:

Love it Jordan, brilliant idea, and as always, brilliantly butchered (although this time it looks like the unit is doing the butchering :)).

Oh u :P

Anyways, looking good Jordan :D

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 04 Jul 2010

CJ, on 4 Jul 2010, 8:33, said:

Errr... Why is there a silly explosion-like effect? Does the blades have some kind of explosive coating? D:

Its a good unit, but yeah that ^ Any chance we could see a short video of it in action?

GDIZOCOM's Photo GDIZOCOM 04 Jul 2010

Now that is some kind of tank!

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 04 Jul 2010

Great stuff man!

Jordan's Photo Jordan 04 Jul 2010

Oh, that explosive effect was because I gave it a temporary effect so that I could see if the weapon was actually working or not. That is removed now.

-Jordan

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 04 Jul 2010

Wow nice. This one looks good. And as someone above me said, will you do something with the AK-47 gripped statue? maybe as base defense?

Lord Jon NOOB's Photo Lord Jon NOOB 15 Jul 2010

Whahahahaha! I though we only could dream of tanks like this. Awesome! :P

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 16 Jul 2010

Sweet jibbley jibblets! What have you done Jordan?! Now the GLA can truly live and die by the sword.

Su8perkillr's Photo Su8perkillr 18 Jul 2010

Sgt. Nuker, on 16 Jul 2010, 3:51, said:

Sweet jibbley jibblets! What have you done Jordan?! Now the GLA can truly live and let die by the sword.

Beatles fan are we?

Maybe give it a turbo mode, equalling a dragon tank (makes the blades spin quickly around the unit)

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 18 Jul 2010

Su8perkillr, on 18 Jul 2010, 10:52, said:

Sgt. Nuker, on 16 Jul 2010, 3:51, said:

Sweet jibbley jibblets! What have you done Jordan?! Now the GLA can truly live and let die by the sword.

Beatles and a RvB fan are we?

Maybe give it a turbo mode, equalling a dragon tank (makes the blades spin quickly around the unit)

^Putting words in my mouth I see. 8|