←  Game Matchmaking

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Strategy Bash

Alias's Photo Alias 09 Aug 2010

Since I'm in a massive nostalgic mood at the moment, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in playing:

- Age of Empires II
- Rise of Nations
- RTW/M2TW
- Stronghold/Stronghold Crusader
- Supreme Commander

I have five assessments due in the next fortnight, so I won't be terribly active until after then, but it's good just to get organisation down pat beforehand. :xD:
I know we had some AOEII and RoN players before.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 09 Aug 2010

Since when is SupCom nostalgic :xD:

I just added that on there because I didn't think it deserved a seperate thread. It is partly nostalgic to TA...

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 09 Aug 2010

Why don't we just play TA?

Not many people have the original TA, and you can't really play Spring over Hamachi (at least not the last time I checked).

Jinzor's Photo Jinzor 10 Aug 2010

- Have the game
X - Don't have the game

- Age of Empires II
- Rise of Nations Question: If you have the Thrones & Patriots expansion, is that worth getting or not?
- R:TW X
- M2:TW
- Stronghold/Stronghold Crusader X
- Supreme Commander
Edited by Jinzor, 10 August 2010 - 17:21.

Brad's Photo Brad 10 Aug 2010

I'll play some RoN sometime.
And Stronghold, too, if you know how to get either of them to work with hamachi, or gamespy.

Alias's Photo Alias 10 Aug 2010

View PostJinzor, on 10 Aug 2010, 23:59, said:

- Rise of Nations Question: If you have the Thrones & Patriot expansion, is that worth getting or not?
Definitely. I won't play without it. It adds a lot of new content.

View PostBrad, on 11 Aug 2010, 0:34, said:

And Stronghold, too, if you know how to get either of them to work with hamachi, or gamespy.
I know Rise of Nations works over Hamachi, about a year ago a small group of us had some games across a month or two, then it sort of died off. D;
Stronghold seems pretty straightforward, just direct IP connect to the Hamachi IP.

Jinzor's Photo Jinzor 10 Aug 2010

View PostAlias, on 10 Aug 2010, 16:46, said:

View PostJinzor, on 10 Aug 2010, 23:59, said:

- Rise of Nations Question: If you have the Thrones & Patriot expansion, is that worth getting or not?
Definitely. I won't play without it. It adds a lot of new content.

I guess I'll get it then lol.

Brad's Photo Brad 11 Aug 2010

View PostAlias, on 10 Aug 2010, 16:46, said:

View PostBrad, on 11 Aug 2010, 0:34, said:

I know Rise of Nations works over Hamachi, about a year ago a small group of us had some games across a month or two, then it sort of died off. D;
Stronghold seems pretty straightforward, just direct IP connect to the Hamachi IP.

By either of them, I meant either Stronghold or Crusader, I know RoN works. Last time I tried Stronghold (me and Blackout) I couldn't get it to work. Perhaps we'll have better luck if we have a go.

Zhao's Photo Zhao 11 Aug 2010

Theres a way to play spring just fine you just need to use the online server , by going into your folder clicking spring downloader (Which is really the whole fucking client in one idk why they don't show that as a dam shortcut on your dam desktop instead they give you a spring lobby that doesnt even work and confuse the shit out off everyone) and host a game make a PW such as Fallout n such and play , better yet if one player lags not everyone has to suffer so laggless games :xD:

Brad's Photo Brad 13 Aug 2010

Right-eo

I'll be up for RoN/Stronghold (don't mind which Stronghold, mind you) any-time tomorrow before 5PM GMT.
I'd really like to try Stronghold however.