Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 13 Oct 2010

Am I glad I have that game :P
*enters key*
Groovy! :xD:

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 16 Oct 2010

Fuuuck hurry up and finish the game all ready 8|

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 16 Oct 2010

Good news everyone!

A bunch of fans have decided to remake Duke Nukem 3D. Even better, Gearbox have given them their seal of approval, which means they won't get their eyes poked out with rusty needles by legal teams.

Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 16 Oct 2010

Ehm, what engine / link to mod? 8|

Stinger's Photo Stinger 16 Oct 2010

I saw this yesterday. It uses the Unreal Engine 3 and you have to own a game on that engine to be able to play it.

Like the Half-Life mod "Black Mesa", you probably won't see it for a very long time so don't hold your breath.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 16 Oct 2010

Who's doing the voiceovers? 8|

Alias's Photo Alias 16 Oct 2010

Stinger, on 16 Oct 2010, 20:54, said:

I saw this yesterday. It uses the Unreal Engine 3 and you have to own a game on that engine to be able to play it.

Like the Half-Life mod "Black Mesa", you probably won't see it for a very long time so don't hold your breath.
I doubt that you'll need an Unreal Engine 3 game because of the advent of UDK. There's practically zero mods for UT3 anymore because they've all moved to UDK.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 16 Oct 2010

Alias, on 16 Oct 2010, 11:05, said:

Stinger, on 16 Oct 2010, 20:54, said:

I doubt that you'll need an Unreal Engine 3 game because of the advent of UDK. There's practically zero mods for UT3 anymore because they've all moved to UDK.

Not all. RenegadeX still requires UT3 (even though they are converting it to the UDK).

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 16 Oct 2010

Well in that case, they are moving to UDK so soon you won't need UT3 8|

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 16 Oct 2010

Stinger, on 16 Oct 2010, 11:54, said:

The mod team said that they're expecting to finish it fast. Although that doesn't mean much in a mod community.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 21 Jan 2011

The duke gets a date!

May 6th

Link

watchitgetdelayedagain
Edited by Bob, 21 January 2011 - 15:27.
Reason for edit:: Fixed link.

Cheers bawb :whaa:

Shit gets real with box art and reveal trailer:

Posted Image

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 21 Jan 2011

I like the fact that they aren't taking themselves too seriously with jokes about the massive delay and such but tbh this looks like a terrible game :whaa:
Its basically all thats wrong with games these days. Generic combat, abysmal character and no plot.
We may have a new benchmark for generic shooters. Also, after all the waiting, getting this at the end is rather humorous.

Mike

Libains's Photo Libains 21 Jan 2011

Worst. Trailer. Ever. It couldn't be any more.... generic. Graphics look poor, the vehicle sections look abysmal (no real physics to the vehicles for a start), and they seem to have spent half of their time pixelating body parts.

AJ, on 21 Jan 2011, 17:11, said:

Worst. Trailer. Ever. It couldn't be any more.... generic. Graphics look poor, the vehicle sections look abysmal (no real physics to the vehicles for a start), and they seem to have spent half of their time pixelating body parts.

Agreed, They really have let themselves down graphics-wise

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 21 Jan 2011

This is the one and only time I've ever said this, but I do not care at all if it's generic, cause it looks absolutely hilarious.
Edited by SquigPie, 21 January 2011 - 17:34.

Stalker's Photo Stalker 21 Jan 2011

The trailer doesn't look impressive at all...

But I just don't care. I'm really looking forward to this game. Finally a funny fps game! I'm getting sick of all the moderm-warfare-spec-ops-whatever-games lately.

If the jokes, weapons and bossfights are ok, there's nothing else you'll need.

Camille's Photo Camille 21 Jan 2011

SquigPie, on 21 Jan 2011, 18:33, said:

This is the one and only time I've ever said this, but I do not care at all if it's generic, cause it looks absolutely hilarious.

i agree completely.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 21 Jan 2011

**Shock post incoming**

SquigPie, on 21 Jan 2011, 17:33, said:

I have to agree here. Forget all the stuff that we expect from a shooter, how would they ever live up to a 12 year wait. Just make it simple and fun (alright, maybe "fun" is substituted for _funny_).

Tits, arse, explosions and bigs guns. Beats CoD:BO hands down without even playing it.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 21 Jan 2011

I'm having to side with Wiz, Squig and Camille.
Yeah sure, it's graphics aren't top notch, but thats one of the reasons why it hasn't been released in 12 years, they kept trying to make the graphics better D:

The trailer is generic because thats the whole point of Duke Nukem games, it's a parody game that doesn't take anything seriously. It's a nice change in today's market of ultra realistic shooters.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 21 Jan 2011

Yeah I'm likely gonna get this game for lulz factor alone. As long as the controls aren't gonna piss me off it should be fun :whaa:

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 21 Jan 2011

Yay! People agree with me! :whaa:

Anyway, I've always had a weak spot for this kind of entertainment, the loud, crude, awesome, silly, overthetop action movies/games. One of my favorite movies is Commando, afterall.
I just like to have a shooter that doesn't take itself seriously at all, doesn't attempt to be deep or realistic, we've had more than enough of those recently, and most (perhaps all) ended up failing.

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 21 Jan 2011

I'm not sure its generic because they don't take themselves seriously, just because its not a very good game :whaa:
There seems to be no inspiration other than to play on some stupid stereotypes.
I will leave this game to you guys :P

Mike

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 21 Jan 2011

This game will definitely NOT have lasting appeal imo

WarMenace's Photo WarMenace 21 Jan 2011

If this game even has multiplayer, I'm throwing MW2 and Black Ops out the window.