←  Game Discussion

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Dragon Age 2

Shirou's Photo Shirou 19 Aug 2010

Dragon Age 2 was revealed on the Gamescom in Keulen.

Trailer

Entering the row of at moment of writing four 2! sequels.

CJ's Photo CJ 19 Aug 2010

Interesting news, I'll be looking forward to get it since I loved the first one :xD:
Also, is that Flemeth's voice doing the story telling?

Alias's Photo Alias 19 Aug 2010

Definitely have my eyes out for this. Looks brilliant, here's to hoping for even moar story.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 19 Aug 2010

Should be fun. I hope they make the fighting style a little more fluid and a little less WoW-like.

It would be nice if it worked like Oblivion, but it's Bioware. Combat is a lot more focussed on tactics than on anything else. Personally I wouldn't mind either way.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 19 Aug 2010

Oblivion's fighting wasn't particularly good tbh :xD:.

Oh god that game would provide LULzy moments.

Not necessarily exactly like Oblivion, that was just the first first-person RPG that popped to mind. :xD:

I'm probably going to get killed, but I think the gameplay mechanics are just fine this way, and the tactics menu is really neat, like Final Fantasy XII's gambit system :xD:

I like the tactical menu too, I just don't mind first person either.

Do note that if you're playing a tactical Bioware RPG (Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc) and you aren't pausing every 10 seconds you're doing it wrong. :xD:

And if you're not trying to tide up your inventory so that you can always get all the looted items, you're doing it even more wrong :xD:

Camille's Photo Camille 19 Aug 2010

ooh this is certainly a sequel i'm looking out for. i was recently pleasantly surprised by dragon age: o so this could be good :xD:

on a sidenote: it's funny to see four threads ending with 2. it's a goddamn sequel invasion!

Magma's Photo Magma 20 Aug 2010

I really gona buy this game when it comes, loved DAO. But for a bad sidenote, they really go too much towards ME series, i personally like that my character has now his/her own voice, but lack of Elf/Dwarf etc modifications really make me sad... maybe they will add them later on, but we will see. I hope that they will keep those huge conversation options available to ack like a dumbass/polite person you were in Origins. :xD:

GameSpot Hands-On
IGN Preview

And if those characters fighting beside me are really gona be geniuses, that's going to be great cos atleast i like playing almost only with my own character and only changing to others when things start to look real bad.
But looking forward to it... every couple of hours. :sly:
Edited by Magma, 20 August 2010 - 06:12.

SonicBoom's Photo SonicBoom 23 Aug 2010

View PostCJ, on 19 Aug 2010, 4:19, said:

Interesting news, I'll be looking forward to get it since I loved the first one :P
Also, is that Flemeth's voice doing the story telling?

Yes. And I dislike how they put a spoiler (kind of) in the trailer itself.

Shirou's Photo Shirou 23 Aug 2010

If that is worth spoiling to BioWare then there is probably much more in the game storywise.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 23 Aug 2010

View PostShirou, on 23 Aug 2010, 10:56, said:

If that is worth spoiling to BioWare then there is probably much more in the game storywise.

Indeed. Bioware know how to write stories so even if we hear Flemeth, why should it matter?

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 25 Aug 2010

I hope Bioware use the same formula as the first game, lots of pausing? Yes please! I will definately buy this, unless they dumb it down to drool = win level..