←  Gaming

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Steam Account.

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 01 Sep 2010

I'm just making this topic to let people know my steam account has been hijacked.
I have made a steam support ticket, hopefully be sorted out soon.

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 01 Sep 2010

Right, well let me know when you've got it back. I'm going to take you off the moderators list on the server just to be safe. Shouldn't be too long, VALVe clears it up pretty fast.

Will do.

Just hope the ass don't get me VAC banned.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 01 Sep 2010

Any idea how they hijacked your account?

My own fault.
Someone on my steam friends list sent a link to a site that looked like steam, and I signed in there.
Edited by Slye_Fox, 01 September 2010 - 05:21.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 01 Sep 2010

Fair enough, it's an easy thing to do. Lets hope Valve sort it out.
Everyone keep an eye out for hijackers, we don't want more people loosing there accounts.

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 01 Sep 2010

View PostSlye_Fox, on 1 Sep 2010, 5:20, said:

My own fault.
Someone on my steam friends list sent a link to a site that looked like steam, and I signed in there.

Was it "look I found the profile" thingamajig?

These sites are easy to figure out since Steam chatbox always shows the last letters and it has a retardedly weird extension (something like .herz@245)

Kaido's Photo Kaido 01 Sep 2010

or they have .tk

Shirou's Photo Shirou 01 Sep 2010

The steam email validation thing you probably also submitted will sort you out of this hopefully.

Dispenser's Photo Dispenser 01 Sep 2010

Ah, I figured the message "you" sent was suspicious... I mean it didn't make any sense and the address was weird, plus when I checked the usual address of steam community I was still logged on there... obviously they just copied the community login page, since all the links there showed legit addresses when moused over.

CJ's Photo CJ 01 Sep 2010

Received a message from your account... the .TK at the end for the link speaks for itself 8|

Yeah, seems they've started sending out the messages now.

Just got the new password.