←  Map Making

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Teams, Attacks, And Subroutine Scripts

Genrail's Photo Genrail 20 Sep 2010

Just A Few Questions:

1.) I Need A Team To Spawn And move to attack a base, but the team never spawns. So no attack...

2.) In A Skrimish game i need a "Player" To spawn and attack The Other Players. When The Team Spawns It doesnt attack,

3.) What In The World Is A Subroutine Script, and how i make them?

n5p29's Photo n5p29 20 Sep 2010

1 & 2) please elaborate your scripts. we can't found the problem if you don't give us the information about your codes.

3) Subroutine Scripts are the scripts that used by a unit/team at the time you call the script(s) to run. the IF condition will be checked when the script is called, not everytime.
for example, you make a subroutine "IF True THEN This team begin hunting" the team will not hunt when True, but when the script is called on the corresponding team/unit/other script (e.g. when the team is built). the script condition only added when you need to skip the subroutine action in certain condition.

to make a script a subroutine, when create a new script, tick the "Script is Subroutine" tickbox and untick the "Deactivate upon success" in the Script Properties tab.

Edit: CMIIW
Edited by n5p29, 20 September 2010 - 11:51.

Genrail's Photo Genrail 12 Nov 2010

Thanks for the Subroutine Scripts part. :P

But, scrach #1,

#2, i just have a player on the "Player" screen to have it as an hostile player, but playing skrimish it doesnt attack me

Pics and scripts:

AI:
Posted Image

Human/Other AI:
Posted Image

*** IF ***
	True.
*** THEN ***
Team &#39;teamAttack&#39; attack anything in  area &#39;Attack Area B5&#39; <-- {I Go There}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When My team comes out of the plane the tanks an stuff just fall out with out a parashute... but the inf. come out fine

Here Are the Settings:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Script:
*** IF ***
	True.
*** THEN ***
  Spawn an instance of Team &#39;Commando Team&#39; at Waypoint &#39;Waypoint 2&#39;.

Edited by Genrail, 12 November 2010 - 23:22.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 13 Nov 2010

maybe they're using wrong parachute object?
The AmericaParachute only can contain unit with KindOf INFANTRY. the one that can carry the VEHICLE is LargeParachute.

maybe this can fix, put in a map.ini that alter the AmericaJetCargoPlane to use LargeParachute by default.

Object AmericaJetCargoPlane

ReplaceModule ModuleTag_09
  Behavior = DeliverPayloadAIUpdate ModuleTag_09a
	DoorDelay		 = 500
	MaxAttempts	   = 4
	DropOffset		= X&#58;0 Y&#58;0 Z&#58;-10
	DropDelay		 = 300&#59;500&#59; time in between each item dropped &#40;if more than one&#41;
	PutInContainer	= LargeParachute&#59;AmericaParachute  <-- so it can deliver vehicles too
	DeliveryDistance  = 150
  End
 End

Locomotor = SET_NORMAL B52Locomotor

End

Genrail's Photo Genrail 13 Nov 2010

That fixes that, Thanks :P