←  Technology and Science

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Advice to Anyone who Shoots in Nightclubs...

Stinger's Photo Stinger 11 Oct 2010

Don't let this happen to you or anyone you know.

:D

I shoot in a club that uses a laser and the thought of this never crossed my mind before. The risk is greater when using a camera's video mode. Forewarned is forearmed.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 11 Oct 2010

I was thinking that the recorder would be blinded instead but...woah, what happened here?

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 11 Oct 2010

Lasers can leave a white streak across CMOS sensors. I've seen videos of this happen to Nikons and Canons. But yeah because Video is in Live View, your sensor is exposed a lot more. My G1 is mediocre in the dark so I doubt I would be in such a situation, but indeed be careful of lasers.

ΓΛPTΘΓ's Photo ΓΛPTΘΓ 11 Oct 2010

Woah, I have heard bright lights making vertical lines on the sensor but nothing like that in that scale yet.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 11 Oct 2010

Did it unfuck itself or is it still broken? D:

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 11 Oct 2010

Well, that was horrible.

The music, I mean.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 11 Oct 2010

View PostSquigPie, on 12 Oct 2010, 0:24, said:

Well, that was horrible.

The music, I mean.

because of fast forward?

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 11 Oct 2010

Here's a thought in sort of a question form: Would a filter of some sort, say one designed to combat florescent light, help to cure this issue?

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 12 Oct 2010

View PostChyros, on 11 Oct 2010, 19:55, said:

Did it unfuck itself or is it still broken? D:

nope it needs the whole sensor to be changed. $$$

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 11 Oct 2010, 23:51, said:

Here's a thought in sort of a question form: Would a filter of some sort, say one designed to combat florescent light, help to cure this issue?

not without severely impacting image quality :P

Destiny's Photo Destiny 12 Oct 2010

For one, you shouldn't be pointing optical-view devices at lasers in the first place :P I understand this one is an accident, though.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 12 Oct 2010

That video is an extreme case. Most times it leaves a line of unusable pixels not destroying the whole sensor.