←  Science

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Missile or Aircraft?

Umbrella Secrets's Photo Umbrella Secrets 11 Nov 2010

A very frightening event occurred earlier this week thirty-five miles of the coast of Los Angeles, California. At first it was said to be a ICBM accidentally launched to the west as the government told us. The Pentagon, N.O.R.A.D, and the other branches of the military had no idea about the missile being launched? Later they then stated that there was no threat and it was not foreign. Now they say that it is the vapor trail of an aircraft? I think that it is a missile, because of the direction it is going and the amount of smoke behind the object. What do you think? Rumors are not going around the country that it is one or the other.
Posted Image

Article with pictures

Kaido's Photo Kaido 11 Nov 2010

Ghouls going to space, nothing to see here.

But to be serious, thats some scary shit indeed.

deltaepsilon's Photo deltaepsilon 11 Nov 2010

I was hoping it was headed to North Korea, but I'm probably wrong.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 11 Nov 2010

Missile.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 11 Nov 2010

View PostUmbrella Secrets, on 11 Nov 2010, 1:20, said:

The Pentagon, N.O.R.A.D, and the other branches of the military had no idea about the missile being launched?

Yeah, right!! And I'm Horus Lupercal :D

Either a test that was spotted or a malfunction in equipment that hasn't been used/maintained properly since the 50's.
Edited by Wizard, 11 November 2010 - 09:23.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 11 Nov 2010

Indeed, look like a experiment gone haywire.

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 11 Nov 2010

There's aircraft that can produce a trail like that, but I don't think any of them can be launched 30 miles off the coast without an aircraft carrier- probably an SLBM test of some sort gone wrong.

View PostJok3r, on 11 Nov 2010, 13:34, said:

There's aircraft that can produce a trail like that, but I don't think any of them can be launched 30 miles off the coast without an aircraft carrier- probably an SLBM test of some sort gone wrong.

Why would it have gone wrong? From the pictures it does looks sub launched or something and gaining altitude normally.
Edited by Crazykenny, 11 November 2010 - 17:07.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 11 Nov 2010

This reminds me strongly of the following:

Posted Image

:P

I think it's a missile though. Not sure what kind of aircraft it's even supposed to look like :D .

Alias's Photo Alias 11 Nov 2010

THIS IS CAPTAIN MARKO RAMIUS OF THE SOVIET BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINE RED OCTOBER

View PostAlias, on 11 Nov 2010, 18:00, said:

THIS IS CAPTAIN MARKO RAMIUS OF THE SOVIET BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINE RED OCTOBER

Are you here to defect, sir? :D

Umbrella Secrets's Photo Umbrella Secrets 11 Nov 2010

Or it could be a UFO coming out of the water heading back to their home planet. :D

If it is an aircraft then they seriously need to fix their engine.
Edited by Umbrella Secrets, 11 November 2010 - 19:54.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 11 Nov 2010

"Hidden" test that was accidentally caught IMO.

Kris's Photo Kris 11 Nov 2010

Looks like its a submarine launched ICBM, Only ICBM's can do that kind of trail while launched in that steep angle while off the coast.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 12 Nov 2010

Either that or BP hit another pocket of gas and it's the smoke trail from one of their platforms as it's launched into space :D

Umbrella Secrets's Photo Umbrella Secrets 12 Nov 2010

View PostWizard, on 12 Nov 2010, 4:18, said:

Either that or BP hit another pocket of gas and it's the smoke trail from one of their platforms as it's launched into space :P

:D

Wizard's Photo Wizard 12 Nov 2010

View PostRich19, on 12 Nov 2010, 14:08, said:

And aircraft take off almost vertically now?

Destiny's Photo Destiny 12 Nov 2010

Even the curvature of the Earth cannot make a plane launch that THICK to be vertical.

Umbrella Secrets's Photo Umbrella Secrets 12 Nov 2010

It has got to be a government coverup :D

Airplane trail:

Posted Image

ICBM:

Posted Image
Edited by Umbrella Secrets, 12 November 2010 - 14:36.

Kris's Photo Kris 12 Nov 2010

View PostRich19, on 12 Nov 2010, 22:08, said:

Bollocks, it's an submarine launched ICBM. Even retards know its an ICBM :P

Rich19's Photo Rich19 13 Nov 2010

Physicist Michio Kaku of the City University of New York said a frame-by-frame analysis of the video revealed the trail was created by an aeroplane.

He told CNN on Wednesday the object leaving the trail was travelling at a constant velocity and deviating in its direction, while rockets accelerate as they leave the ground and move in a straight line.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-11721981

Destiny's Photo Destiny 13 Nov 2010

Rockets don't travel in a straight line...at least NASA and their rockets and Space Shuttles don't :|

Raven's Photo Raven 14 Nov 2010

If it is a test, I don't think the US would won't to launch an ICBM or whatever just 35 miles off a population center. Its probably an accidental launch or something gone wrong. I doubt the foreign launch theory also. If it is the case, then the USN has some serious issues with detection capabilities.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 15 Nov 2010

Hmm it probably is an airplane contrail. Excess humidity made it last longer than usual and it eventually "diffused" and got wider.