←  Writings

Fallout Studios Forums

»

A computer nerds Christmas

HawkBlade124's Photo HawkBlade124 26 Nov 2010

A Computer Nerd's Christmas
(A song made up from the 12 days of Christmas)
by HawkBlade124
On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
A Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
4 Surround Sound Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
5 Warcraft games, 4 Surround Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
6 monitors, 5 Warcraft games, 4 Surround Sound Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
7 keyboards, 6 monitors, 5 Warcraft games, 4 Surround Sound Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
8 Cordless mice, 7 keyboards, 6 monitors, 5 Warcraft games, 4 Surround Sound Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
9 Floppy Disc's, 8 Cordless mice, 7 keyboards, 6 monitors, 5 Warcraft games, 4 Surround Sound Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 10th Day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
10 Cd-Roms, 9 floppy Disc's, 8 cordless mice, 7 keyboards, 6 monitors, 5 Warcraft games, 4 Surround sound Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
11 Dell Dimension's, 10 Cd-Roms, 9 Floppy Disc's, 8 cordless mice, 7 keyboards, 6 monitors, 5 Warcraft Games, 4 Surround Sound Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
12 IBM's, 11 Dell Dimension's, 10 CD-ROMS, 9 Floppy Discs, 8 cordless mice, 7 keyboards, 6 monitors, 5 Warcraft games, 4 Surround Sound Speakers, 3 laptops, 2 pocket pc's and a Microsoft Windows XP.

Umbrella Secrets's Photo Umbrella Secrets 27 Nov 2010

That sounds like the getting half the Pentagon in your living room for Christmas. <87

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 07 Dec 2010

Most computer geeks would tell you not to get a cordless mouse, it's overpriced, unresponsive, bulky and the usb might get lost.

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 14 Dec 2010

View PostSquigPie, on 7 Dec 2010, 5:59, said:

Most computer geeks would tell you not to get a cordless mouse, it's overpriced, unresponsive, bulky and the usb might get lost.

That's not true at all, at least for my Logtiech VX Nano mouse. It's much smaller than a normal mouse, has great ergonomics, and is ALWAYS responsive (never had a problem with response time, and I use it for FPS's all the time). The USB plug is just big enough for you to grab to take out of the slot, about a quarter inch long. I leave it in 24/7 even when stuffing my comp in my backpack. :P
Also, the batteries last at least 6 months of good daily use, and it tells you when they're running low. So, on the contrary, I HIGHLY recommend going wireless, it's way too convenient.
:D