←  Technology and Science

Fallout Studios Forums

»

HD595 headphones problem

Camille's Photo Camille 27 Nov 2010

i have a small problem: i recently moved out and packed up all my stuff. now while opening a box with a cutter knife i accidentally made a clean cut through my HD595's cable :( the wire's not completely cut off, it still dangles somewhere in half. now here's the deal: since it's a clean cut the wires still touch each other, is there anyway i could repair the cable or simply tape over it? i haven't had a chance to test them yet but i'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with this.

help appreciated :)

Alias's Photo Alias 27 Nov 2010

If it's clean cut how can they still be touching?

Camille's Photo Camille 27 Nov 2010

by clean cut i meant that the cable doesn't look like its cut. you can barely see it but it's there. it's still attached by a piece of plastic from the wire though.

Alias's Photo Alias 27 Nov 2010

Usually "clean cut" means it's cut the whole way through without any evidence it was actually cut.

Back on topic, just test them out while flexing the cable around a bit. If it works fine without dropping one of the channels or a frequency it should be fine, just add a little bit of electrical tape to seal it up.
Edited by Alias, 27 November 2010 - 11:41.

Camille's Photo Camille 28 Nov 2010

right, i'll try that |8

ps: keep in mind that English is not my first language :) it sounded correct to me.

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 15 Dec 2010

If the headphones have a standard headphone jack, you could try splicing the wires back together. I did it for an old pair of sony headphones I owned and it worked just fine.
I wouldn't advise it if the headphones are pricey, however. :xD: