←  Technology and Science

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Google Plus

Libains's Photo Libains 10 Jul 2011

Well, I have a lot more to say about this (although for now it's a bit late and thus I won't be able to sort anything out tonight) but for now I'll keep it short and sweet.

This is rather evolutionary, and pretty much mashed up FB, Twitter, and Tumblr into one great big pot, separates them all, and allows you to use the system as you like. In other words, for such a simplistic system, its very versatile. It comes highly recommended.

If anybody cares to be invited, I can do if you'd like :xD:

Wizard's Photo Wizard 11 Jul 2011

Really? Is this going to be the new thing now? In 5 years am I going to be dragged to the cinema by the wife to watch a movie about how Zuckerberg sued Google over the rights to have the biggest attention whore database??! Or is this going to be the kewl techy kids Facebook till the thong wearing, orange tanned bimbos and meme loving window lickers catch on after it trends on another one of these God Fucking Awful social networking sites? Or worse still, am I going to use one of the few useful sites left on the internet, only to find that the first 60 pages of search results are links to Google+ members because, they will ofc, tune the search to suit their own completely and utterly fucking useless corporate agenda????

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 11 Jul 2011

View PostWizard, on 11 Jul 2011, 23:52, said:

Really? Is this going to be the new thing now? In 5 years am I going to be dragged to the cinema by the wife to watch a movie about how Zuckerberg sued Google over the rights to have the biggest attention whore database??! Or is this going to be the kewl techy kids Facebook till the thong wearing, orange tanned bimbos and meme loving window lickers catch on after it trends on another one of these God Fucking Awful social networking sites? Or worse still, am I going to use one of the few useful sites left on the internet, only to find that the first 60 pages of search results are links to Google+ members because, they will ofc, tune the search to suit their own completely and utterly fucking useless corporate agenda????

Wiz my good man you have a way with words.

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 12 Jul 2011

I joined just to brag to everyone else that I was there before they were.

CJ's Photo CJ 12 Jul 2011

I don't nearly put enough trust in these kind of services to post my personal info on them, ESPECIALLY when it's Big Google that we're talking about.

Rich19's Photo Rich19 12 Jul 2011

I personally find facebook extremely useful for organising to see people in person, and keeping in touch with them when that isn't a possibility. Sure, there are duckface poser 'tards on social networking sites, but I see that as a problem with the people rather than a problem with the website...

Ghostrider's Photo Ghostrider 12 Jul 2011

Why, OH WHY, did I not buy Google stock 5 years ago. *facepalm*

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 14 Jul 2011

Heh I've been using Google+ and I've got to say the biggest draw to it is how easy it is to separate your contacts into clearly defined groups and then to make sure you control who sees what. Other bonuses include the ability to mute posts I grow tired of. The fact that I don't NEED to see the posts of people who added me to a circle is a plus. And yes I am comfortable with putting personal information online. I know I will be getting ads on these sites. They may as well be relevant to my interests.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 15 Jul 2011

Or is this going to be the kewl techy kids Facebook ...

Looks like I am spot on :xD:

Alias's Photo Alias 18 Jul 2011

View PostWizard, on 15 Jul 2011, 22:44, said:

Yeah, exactly what I was going to post. I think I'll wait until it gets to at least 60%.

Rich19's Photo Rich19 18 Jul 2011

View PostAlias, on 18 Jul 2011, 12:29, said:

Yeah, exactly what I was going to post. I think I'll wait until it gets to at least 60%.

Going to use it to pick up girls, are you? :xD:

Alias's Photo Alias 18 Jul 2011

View PostRich19, on 18 Jul 2011, 22:06, said:

View PostAlias, on 18 Jul 2011, 12:29, said:

Going to use it to pick up girls, are you? :xD:
No, rather the fact that like a normal person around 50% of the people I know are female.

Krieger22's Photo Krieger22 19 Jul 2011

Looks good, but what in the world is the minimum age for using this? I got the invite, but I'm told by Google that I am currently ineligible for whatever reason.