←  Spammy Yummy Discussion

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Mornington Crescent

Rich19's Photo Rich19 17 Dec 2011

Thought it might be fun if we set up a forum game of Mornington Crescent. I expect most Brits on the forum ought to already know the rules, so I'm not about to start explaining them here. We'll start playing the Bangor West (Co. Down) variant, but we might switch to Risca and Pontymister later if there's enough interest (personally I'm more of a traditionalist). Otherwise, laterals are always open, horizontal swaps are only valid after play reaches the DLR, and interchanged switchbacks are banned. With regard to the circle line, the Sir Robert Walpole rules are in effect so you can invoke the left luggage clause. I'll start:

Finsbury Park.

Alias's Photo Alias 17 Dec 2011

The score is still Q to 12

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 05 Jan 2012

Being an American who actually knows what this is, I get to think to myself, "Finally, all those years of reading increasingly unrelated wikipedia articles has paid off!".

Wizard's Photo Wizard 05 Jan 2012

View PostRich19, on 17 December 2011 - 20:47, said:

I expect most Brits on the forum ought to already know the rules, so I'm not about to start explaining them here.
This is one Brit that hasn't got a scooby-doo what you're on about and due to the lack of responses, a little explanation might be in order :/

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 05 Jan 2012

Google I'm sorry I haven't a Clue - you've missed out Wiz.

Anyway..

I'll go for Goodge Street. Which I believe is a lateral.