←  First Person Shooters

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Crysis 3

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 16 Apr 2012

http://www.crytek.co...shooter-of-2013

So we get to play as...Prophet apparently. With bow and arrow! It's due to be released in spring 2013.

This Screenshot from the Crysis 3 Facebook page shows Prophet holding a Bow and Arrow, and a SCARAB on his back. Standing on the probably broken-off head of the Statue of Liberty.
Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 16 April 2012 - 14:56.

Gen.Kenobi's Photo Gen.Kenobi 16 Apr 2012

But didn't we stop the Aliens at America in Crysis 2?
This just doesn't fit at all... If we were fighting at germany, okay, since if I recall correctly, it's where we headed when the game was over.

Maybe I missed something from the story? :P

But it could be a nice game to test our rig :D
Edited by Gen.Kenobi, 16 April 2012 - 23:37.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 17 Apr 2012

Well, it plays in 2047...And we only defeated the Ceph in New York :P
Edited by Sgt. Rho, 17 April 2012 - 01:11.

Raven's Photo Raven 17 Apr 2012

hmm interesting. I welcome the jungle atmosphere. More screens here. I just wish that PC MP won't be filled with hackers like last time.

General's Photo General 17 Apr 2012

View PostRaven, on 17 April 2012 - 03:46, said:

hmm interesting. I welcome the jungle atmosphere. More screens here. I just wish that PC MP won't be filled with hackers like last time.

Looks awesome, though I will need to seriously upgrade my PC to run it on full specs :P

Actually, they are rather quick to swing the banhammer on hackers in Crysis 2, everytime I reported a hacker he was gone in less than a day.

Raven's Photo Raven 17 Apr 2012

Have they released the system reqs? I might also have to upgrade. I thought EA would hold off Crysis for the next gen consoles. On the other hand if they target the current consoles, we might have a good chance of playing it with current specs on high settings, the last Crysis was playable on High settings for me.

@Rho: I really enjoyed the Crysis MP but the hackers sort of turned me off. They may be shutting them down, but there were too many of em. I think the fact that Pirate copies could also play the MP was a major factor in this.

I guess this would conclude the Crysis triology. Its interesting to see how it would end.

I've not seen a single hacker the past few weeks. The system requirements will likely be somewhat lower than Crysis 2, since it uses the CryEngine 3 and I bet they further optimized it, as they did with the CryEngine 2 for Crysis Warhead.

Raven's Photo Raven 18 Apr 2012

Yep I hope so. Perhaps I should give it a try again then. Need to re-install it. I backed up my install files. Hope Origin would let me do it like with steam.