←  C&C Generals & Zero Hour Editing

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Animation Issues

CoLT's Photo CoLT 12 Aug 2012

I've managed to rig up my walker model with Inverse Kinematics. However, after doing all that I've realised that the whole model is facing the wrong way and also way too big. Is there any way that I can resize and rotate my model without having to redo the whole animation?

n5p29's Photo n5p29 13 Aug 2012

check technical turret. the technical dude also facing the wrong way (backward instead to front side).

CoLT's Photo CoLT 13 Aug 2012

Wouldn't work. Technical turret is read as a turret so it can just use the TurretArtAngle = 180 line to rotate the technical gunner. My issue is that my walker is facing the wrong way (as in, the whole model) and the scale is too big.

n5p29's Photo n5p29 13 Aug 2012

well, just redo it. unless the model animated using infantry animation, you could just rotate the whole thing.
(and I hope it's a normal animation, because worldwrapping broke the shadow)

Zeke's Photo Zeke 14 Aug 2012

Well usually when I have to duplicate something with complex animation (like a deploy leg) I link it to a dummy bone then just rotate the bone. Maybe you could just link everything to a central chassis then rotate it.

CoLT's Photo CoLT 15 Aug 2012

I redid the animation already. It was buggy anyway. But does that method work for scaling as well?

Zeke's Photo Zeke 16 Aug 2012

yep, as long as you only scale the main mesh.