←  General Discussion and Introductions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Why are you here?

Poll: why did you join this forum (205 member(s) have cast votes)

for what reason did you join

1. Becouse of the mods hosted here (108 votes [52.68%])

Percentage of vote: 52.68%

2. Becouse the voices in my head told me to join (33 votes [16.10%])

Percentage of vote: 16.10%

3. Becouse i wanted to get my mod hosted here (9 votes [4.39%])

Percentage of vote: 4.39%

4. I'm a forum addict (14 votes [6.83%])

Percentage of vote: 6.83%

5. Other (post why) (41 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ascendancy's Photo Ascendancy 04 Jan 2007

I joined here because originally I wanted to help contribute to the Shockwave ideas and things, though I've never made an idea topic myself (probably because mine are just plain dumb?). I also wanted to be apart of something, as well. And here I am, a little over 6 months later, with a Mapping Guild tag and contributing to such a great place. This actually is the first forum I joined. And I found myself at home ever since, with a helpful and mainly nice community.
Edited by Ascendancy, 04 January 2007 - 04:04.

Lord Atlantis's Photo Lord Atlantis 04 Jan 2007

I eventually joined after following ShockWave for a year. And now I am an honored mapper of the Mapper Guild. First forum that I have joined and I have become somewhat of a forum addict.

-lord_atlantis

Warbz's Photo Warbz 04 Jan 2007

@lord atlantis,
im pretty much addicted to the place too. lol

zill's Photo zill 05 Jan 2007

I joined cuz first when i saw it was cool i mean the forums and then i played shockwave ... and I thought that I will be a mapper or concept artist at this great team

Searge's Photo Searge 07 Jan 2007

Shockwave Lured me in :wtf:

And because so far this is the only forum I've encountered
that is Cool, goes about Generals, has awesome mods
And lots of other funny/interesting topics all in one :estudown:

So thats why I joined.

-Sarge

bluejedi's Photo bluejedi 08 Jan 2007

I joined because of shockwave - it is one hellofa mod ! :P oOh and all the free beer.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 08 Jan 2007

More seem to join because of that ^ In matter of fact my previous statement was incorrect. The great Hunter lured me here...

Dauth's Photo Dauth 10 Jan 2007

Where is the free beer?

bluejedi's Photo bluejedi 24 Jan 2007

View PostDauth, on 10 Jan 2007, 11:13, said:

Where is the free beer?

:cool:

what ?. . . .you didn't get any ?

Comr4de's Photo Comr4de 25 Jan 2007

Next to the giant glorified statue of Codecat over there, oh and next to the golden toilet.

A bit late tho no? :cool:

Sic's Photo Sic 25 Jan 2007

But, don't use the golden toilet. It's just for the 6k-ers :cool:

TheDR's Photo TheDR 25 Jan 2007

Ummmmmmm toilet

Dauth's Photo Dauth 25 Jan 2007

it is never too late for free beer

Nexolate's Photo Nexolate 04 Feb 2007

Easy. I tried Shockwave 0.8, got Shockwave 0.9 and then joined the Forums to further emerse myself in the game.

Don't get me wrong, the Community here is great even though I barely visit anymore. Shockwave was what truly got me though, always will be.

DerKrieger's Photo DerKrieger 05 Feb 2007

I joined the forums after playing .90 for a few months just to see what was going on.

Zeke's Photo Zeke 06 Feb 2007

I joined cause of Shockwave. It was the second mod that I had the first was Reborn. Ah... memories I never got to play reborn after that cuase I got hooked by shockwave :swrox:

Ektufall's Photo Ektufall 06 Mar 2007

Shockwave have put in me desire to be here! :)

Even I am not so big forum fan :) I am silence type in the background of others .. And not so often reveal myself .Muhaha :D (Sorry ,I have for now a bit evil maniac sindrom )
Edited by Ektufall, 29 April 2007 - 23:27.

Shirou's Photo Shirou 12 Mar 2007

I came here originally as a forum addict, regarding the age of my account. But due to shockwave I have decided to stay. Excellent! neh? :)

Violence's Photo Violence 09 Apr 2007

The voices always whisper things to me.. It doesn't mean I agree! :stickattack2:

Shockwave is among the only 3 mods I'd ever install(and keep for more than 1 day).
The other two are Remix and Reborn. The latter is dead so nevermind, while Remix is in the works and thus lacks GLA for now- they're being re-made as it is.

So I decided to get into SW a little bit more than simply playing it.. Talk to the people behind it and such.

:wtf:

xjjohnno's Photo xjjohnno 14 Apr 2007

I joined for the free beer
belch
fart

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 21 Apr 2007

I was looking for newer versions of the mod, but when I got on the forums there was such a close community I could'nt pass it up.

CoLT's Photo CoLT 29 Apr 2007

I originally started over at Sleipnir's and it was fairly quiet over there but it was alright. I enjoyed it but for modding, well it isn't so great. Good place to start though. Then Chris (Yayo01) told me about ES (i already knew tho :D) and most of the stuff he did happened around here. So, since the Gen/ZH community is quite dead over at SSF, I moved here. My legacy (the Infantry Models Thread) still stands over at SSF and it still is a great resource for rigged up infantry model replacements of all sorts. But I've since moved here and I'll be here for as long as I'm in to Cnc modding.

And that's my ES Joining story.

And no, there is no refund on the several minutes of your life I have wasted by making you read this.

Saint's Photo Saint 01 May 2007

I mainly joined cuase of shockwave, but i'm starting to become more intrested in the rest of the fourm... Is that bad? lol

-Saint-

Nid's Photo Nid 02 May 2007

I Joined mainly because of the Mappers guild, because i wanted to join the Guild, but also because Shockwave and war games are hosted here.

Crazykenny's Photo Crazykenny 02 May 2007

I restate my answer, i was sucked in here by a evil blue hole. :D (Yes blue, not black. Thats why its soooo evil)