The Fate of ROTR, what is it's future?

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

#1 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:44

ok. I've played Rise of the Reds (hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about), it's a very good mod, and I gotta say, it's probably me second fav Zero Hour mod. While Shockwave owns in varety and balance, the rotr so far has a pretty good new faction (slightly uber, but everything costs tons, so it sort of balances out) and a great campaign in the making (only has one level so far, but is very high quality).

But it seems that the mod has entered a coma, there has been no news since July, and the forums have slowed quite a bit (I've never posted there though). I've got a habit (possibly a bad one), of checking all mods I play at least once a week. And so far nothing. So I thought the mod had died. ok.

But then Hunter posted this

And that's why this topic is here, I'm curious, and would like to find out what will happen to this wonderful mod, that had perished so prematurely. Obviously this topic is geared towards the team members that had participated in the meeting involving The_Hunter's plan, but others are welcome to speculate.

The_Hunter's plan.... what a devious phrase.

BTW: Sorry if this topic doesn't belong here. And sorry if this topic already exists (which I doubt, but you can never be too sure).

Edited by NergiZed, 10 January 2007 - 03:49.

#2 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:51

We simply gave it life once again. A landslide vote was called to make Hunter take control and we are planning on finally finishing ROTR under new leadership. With that I must also say that part of the Shockwave team members is also lending help towards the completion of ROTR.

We plan to balance it. Fix it. And Finish it.

Edited by Comr4de, 10 January 2007 - 05:54.

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#3 Ascendancy

Needled 24/7

• 1293 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:20

Well, with Rise of the Reds in Hunter's controls, it looks like we're gonna have tons of great mods out there for Zero Hour now. :P
Posted Image
Thanks to that awesome signature maker, Cattman2236.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:04

ROTR was ok IMO. Different from ShockWave, but different is good. Hopefully this change in plan will not delay the release of the tournament .93 patch and the long awaited .95 release. But I enjoy ShockWave, and because of that I have learned to wait.

-lord_atlantis
Posted Image

#5 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:08

Dont worry I dont think it will delay the Tournament, in fact staff members of the mod are in charge of it so it should delay it at all.

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#6 NergiZed

• 2992 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:55

Cool, I'm glad that it will be revived, it's a pretty good mod. ROTR will be a lot better under Hunter's leadership.

#7 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:22

Its sorta related, will ROTR be compatible with teh ShW and Wargames launcher?

#8 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:32

Most of the ShW team (including me) has also decided to provide work for the ROTR project.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#9 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:56

Another favourite mod on my list.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#10 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 10 January 2007 - 14:41

Yay ROTR is saved, thanks Hunter and the Shockwave team for putting some work into ROTR, good luck.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#11 bluejedi

Regular

• 164 posts
  • Projects: An effective defence against the Vulcan “Mind Meld”

Posted 10 January 2007 - 14:54

I had heard of ROTR before - but I had no idea you lot were involed in that too!

I am just downloading it now. :wahhhhhaa:
"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams."

Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 15:15

Hunter's plan for CNC internet domination is almost complete. :P :P

It's good to know a good mod just got worlds better.
Writing Thread

#13 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 15:42

Hah. Soon he'll get more mods to conquer :P.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#14 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 16:02

What mod is next for our glorious leader The_Hunter?
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#15 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 16:06

I hope it's not R*****.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#16 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 10 January 2007 - 16:24

this is nothing to do with domination but more to do with getting the mod in the right direction. cant divulge the whole information but this move was in the best interest for the survival of ROTR.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#17 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 16:33

We know we were just joking around is all or at least I was anyway.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 16:58

Yea ... It's good That a Nice Mod Like ROTR don't Die and get completed by a Skilled ... REALLY skilled modder like The_Hunter
Posted Image

#19 MLRS

Raining heavy metal!

• Banned
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:34

I dunno why creator abandoned it. i felt good having as russian guy working on it IMO. maybe u could leave creator on teh team as a helper, not leader.
Posted Image

#20 The_Hunter

-

• Gold Member
  • 12402 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:18

you shouldn't be telling us what to do unless you know the entire story which you don't
Posted Image

#21 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:54

View PostMLRS, on 11 Jan 2007, 09:04, said:

I dunno why creator abandoned it. i felt good having as russian guy working on it IMO. maybe u could leave creator on teh team as a helper, not leader.

Read this
http://forums.revora...showtopic=43864
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#22 NergiZed

• 2992 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:57

View PostProphet of the Pimps, on 11 Jan 2007, 10:54, said:

Wow, quite a lot has developed there. I don't remember this much stuff happening on the ROTR forum since the day Cossack left.

Well, I'm happy that the TREMOR cannon and the other defenses get to stay, that's good, those were probably the most memorable structues anyways, most of the units were serverely unbalanced or redundant. ROTR does need quite a lot of work though. But the Hunter shall lead it into a new glorious age.

Edited by NergiZed, 12 January 2007 - 01:59.

#23 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:34

Well if creator does pull out it will have to be changed as I only designed the platform it sits on. Not the cannon. Besides, I intended the Tremor to have blastdoors that open up and bring the cannon up :P.

Oh and thanks :), my RPG Tower is still my fav looking defence even to this day. But the person you really need to thank is hunter who came up with the idea of the component towers, without that the RPG/Air Raid defence would had never come up from me :P. (not only that, but he modeled/skinned/coded/implanted XD)

I don't remember this much stuff happening on the ROTR forum since the day Cossack left.
I think you mean Grazor :)

Edited by Comr4de, 12 January 2007 - 02:54.

Posted Image

#24 NergiZed

• 2992 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:02

View PostComr4de, on 12 Jan 2007, 02:34, said:

Well if creator does pull out it will have to be changed as I only designed the platform it sits on. Not the cannon. Besides, I intended the Tremor to have blastdoors that open up and bring the cannon up smile.gif.

Oh and thanks biggrin.gif, my RPG Tower is still my fav looking defence even to this day. But the person you really need to thank is hunter who came up with the idea of the component towers, without that the RPG/Air Raid defence would had never come up from me lol.gif. (not only that, but he modeled/skinned/coded/implanted XD)

I don't remember this much stuff happening on the ROTR forum since the day Cossack left.
I think you mean Grazor :P

Oh, woops! yeah, that's what I meant.

Well having it actually pop-up sounds pretty awsome, although having it pop-up may mean redesigning and/or remodeling the platform, and I'm guessing the cannon will be redone as well as the cannon. Hopefully after the redesign it'll still be similar to what it was before. The TREMOR was a very unique super weapon.

#25 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 15:21

I know, it was fun to build like 4 or so and waiting for all of them to be ready and bomb the fuck outta the enemy base.
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users