←  Real Time Strategy

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Allies or Soviets?

Poll: Allies or Soviets? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Allies or Soviets?

1. Allies (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Soviets (28 votes [82.35%])

Percentage of vote: 82.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 16 Jan 2007

In the same style of Sonic vs Mario :D

I'd say Soviets... Tesla Troopers are my favourite unit out of RA2 in terms of design!

Alias's Photo Alias 16 Jan 2007

Sovetskikh.
They were better in both RA's.

Overdose's Photo Overdose 16 Jan 2007

Soviets in RA1 and RA2 it was more balanced because if the allied lab was built and those prism tanks were built it's GG for Soviets but the Allies had no chance to muscle a victory in low tech.

Flying Tigers's Photo Flying Tigers 16 Jan 2007

soviets RULES
"the apocalypse is here"
"This will be their end"

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 16 Jan 2007

"Commencing Shock Therapy!"

Soul's Photo Soul 16 Jan 2007

In RA2 they should have added Canada as an Allied faction, cause if you recall the American faction went hiding over in Canada to stage a counter attack againest the Soviets to take back America.

Athena's Photo Athena 16 Jan 2007

I like both really.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 16 Jan 2007

Allies, far better in RA2 and once used properly in RA1 devestating

Futschki's Photo Futschki 16 Jan 2007

Happy BirSday *crazy Ivan voice*
I liked Soviet In RA2 More Than Allies Because of Crazy Ivan And The Kirov Airship :D

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 16 Jan 2007

i couldnt really decide, but then after reading comments, i realised, the soviets have both tesla tech and the kirov airship, so there is now no competition :D

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 16 Jan 2007

Da Comrade :D .

I was hooked on the Soviets ever since I saw the Mammoth. Tesla tech and whitty commentary only added to my love for the Reds :D .

Regards,

Nuker

Soul's Photo Soul 16 Jan 2007

I say Soviets, it would have been Allies if they added Canada in RA2, but sence they blow us off my vote goes to Soviets, Tesla FTW comrades!!

Lord Atlantis's Photo Lord Atlantis 16 Jan 2007

I like both side, but I will have to go with the allies. It doesn't take too lonng to get up their prism towers, plus their chrono miners get resources twice as fast and can teleport out of danger. To add to it, their mirage tanks, when used correctly, can take down a good soviet battilion of tanks. Even w/o the Chronoshpere and Weather machine in a game, the have the snipers, tank destroyer, grand cannon defence. Good anit-soviet buildings. Pluu if there is water on the map, the Ageis Crusier can pwn and Korov that comes its way.

-Lord_Atlantis

Sic's Photo Sic 16 Jan 2007

One thing I always loved and made me shiver, "Kirov Reporting!". When I heard that, I started shivering and making my flak tracks ready. Also, I loved Typhoon attack subs.

DerKrieger's Photo DerKrieger 16 Jan 2007

Forgotten_Soul, on 16 Jan 2007, 14:33, said:

In RA2 they should have added Canada as an Allied faction, cause if you recall the American faction went hiding over in Canada to stage a counter attack againest the Soviets to take back America.

Yea, and they probably should have added Mexico & North Korea as Soviet nations since the WSA invasion force was based in Mexico (and the manual stated that Mexico was a WSA member), and North Korea to counter balance South Korea-the reason for not doing that was that games referencing North Korea in a negative light are banned in South Korea, and Westwood didn't want to lose a large amount of RTS gamers. There are lots of nations/stuff they could have added to the game (good luck with finding special units and balancing them all! :D)

Anyways, while the Allies have cool toys and are the good guys, I always preferred the Soviet units and play style. Nothing beats pummeling your opponents into submission with hordes of infantry, Apocalypse Tanks, Scud missiles/Siege Choppers, Dreadnoughts and attack subs, and Kirov airships! :D

Warbz's Photo Warbz 16 Jan 2007

in ra1 the soviets are more powerful than allies, im sure its unfair

General's Photo General 16 Jan 2007

Soviets !

Amdrial's Photo Amdrial 16 Jan 2007

Tesla coil + Shock Trooper = Instant pwnage.

Yes, but prism tanks pwn that even more.

-Lord_Atlantis

No.
Not with the uh... "feature" of Desolator.

There is that snag but it can be solved with some suicide harriers :D

-Lord_Atlantis

Lord_Atlantis, on 17 Jan 2007, 07:48, said:

There is that snag but it can be solved with some suicide harriers :D

-Lord_Atlantis

You don't know what I mean. The Deso exploit. Force fire while it is deployed to create an unstoppable radiation field so strong it brings mammoths to their knees.

BillyChaka's Photo BillyChaka 16 Jan 2007

Soviets, FTW! They've got the better soundtrack. And the better apocalypse tank.

What are you smoking? Both sides have the same sound track.

-Lord_Atlantis

BillyChaka's Photo BillyChaka 16 Jan 2007

I'm talking about that one song. It's like... damn it! I don't know what it's called. But it sounded really soviet and really badass. It was like, meant for them.