Testers?

35 replies to this topic

#26 bluejedi

Regular

• 164 posts
  • Projects: An effective defence against the Vulcan “Mind Meld”

Posted 09 February 2007 - 19:56

Dude, sorry it’s been a while.

Just put the .zip file you e mailed me, called, "DaHamlet-InfantryMission^", into my "?:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data\Maps" folder, took all the other maps out (into a temp folder), and loaded up Zero Hour (NOT Shockwave) . . .

(Drum roll please) . . . nothing there, nothing in the "Unofficial Maps" or the "Official Maps" menu’s. :???:

This is a list of what was extracted,

Da Hamlet Readme,
Da Hamlet-Infantry Mission,
Da Hamlet-Infantry Mission.tga,
map.str,
Read Me-The objectivese.

Que Passa Amigo?
"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams."

Posted Image Posted Image

#27 Zancloufer

Cause it looks Cool

• Project Team
  • 2605 posts
  • Projects: Stuff

Posted 13 February 2007 - 20:47

Did you put it in a folder called Dam Hamlet-Infantry Mission?

#28 bluejedi

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 15:07

View PostZancloufer27, on 13 Feb 2007, 20:47, said:

Did you put it in a folder called Dam Hamlet-Infantry Mission?
lol, Yeh tried that dude.

First - I made a folder on my desktop called "temp", I then Ctrl x, Ctrl v'd all the other mod maps I have form my "?:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data\Maps" to the new temp folder. (So It was nice and clean and your mission would be easy to identify.)

Second - I Ctrl x, Ctrl v'd the zip file you e mailed me (DaHamlet-InfantryMission^) to the now completely empty \Maps folder. Unzipped it and it created its own (unzipped) folder called, DaHamlet-InfantryMission^ containing stuff I mentioned In previous post.

I have also tried renaming that folder (DaHamlet-InfantryMission^)

I am now officially stumpt.

Sorry I can't help out dude. I spoke to E.V.E on MSN about it too. Does it work for you?

E.V.E. says:
Well
E.V.E. says:
I figured out how you can see it in the Unofficial Maps
E.V.E. says:
But
blue says:
yeh
E.V.E. says:
Its a Mission, so you cant realy play it, since it needs to be installed in the Game/Mod itself
E.V.E. says:
As far as I know that is
blue says:
ahh - makes sense
E.V.E. says:
I dont have much Knowledge about Mission Maps, but theres no way to play it in Skirmish I know

Thanks very much to E.V.E for that. :wtfh:

#29 nip

Grunze-Catz

• 608 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 15:41

E.V.E. says:
Its a Mission, so you cant realy play it, since it needs to be installed in the Game/Mod itself

E.V.E. says:
I dont have much Knowledge about Mission Maps, but theres no way to play it in Skirmish I know
Wrong.

Any missions you download or mod missions are handled like skirmish maps in skirmish menu.

I have also tried renaming that folder (DaHamlet-InfantryMission^)
Map and folder name must be identic, when you name the folder 'DaHamlet-InfantryMission^' and the mission 'DaHamlet-InfantryMission' it doesn't work.

If a map name is added in map settings the map doesn't show up in unofficial maps section. Keep it blank.

Posted Image

EDIT: Try MapCache.ini and check the line isOfficial = no if a certain map doesn't show up in unofficial menu.

Edited by nipthecat, 14 February 2007 - 15:53.

#30 bluejedi

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 19:24

:wtfh: Thanks to E.V.E and nipthecat. :wtfh:

Da Hamlet-Infantry Mission by: Zancloufer27

My review:

Mission starts;

“Reinforcements have arrived”

First thing to mention if the first thing you see, the fly over by the 3 planes executing a Para drop. Totally unrealistic, lol as they would have all crashed, but I still thought it rocked!

Then 1 got shot down “unit lost” lol.

Immediately I stopped the 2 extra supply trucks from skiving of work, and started them collecting. Purchased the capture building upgrade, and was about to launch a short sharp attack to the North with all my infantry, when suddenly I was flanked by a wave of GLA from the east.

This was countered with relative ease. I captured the artillery platform and set the inferno and nuke cannons supplied to attack ground. The tank hunters mopped up the few units that survived that maelstrom.

I utilized the infantry Para drop @ this point, targeting just the other side of the bridge to the east; they neutralized the remnants of the enemy infantry and for a bonus found the UN crate near by. (Nice) They ran into some more hostiles just slightly further north, but with a quick garrisoning in a nearby civilian building they took out there foes, but were all eventually killed by the row of enemy Gatling cannons you’ve placed on the other side of the river! (To the east)

After a quick reinforcement, I finally got to launch the attack to the north I had previously planed. Using a 20 man, mixed wall of infantry, to protect the delicate nuke launcher, I moved forward, and after occupying the 2 bunkers over looking the ramped entrance to the north bridge, the full offensive “operation GetNewUndies” was initiated and it was a pretty strait forward process to eliminate the enemy base from that point on.

*WARNING - SPOILER ALERT*
Destroying the 3 stingers “extra” mission was a pleasant surprise, but was let down by maybe a glitch? Or just being too easy! I f**ked up all 3 with 1 carefully placed tank hunter, Posted Image (a solo assassin if ever I've seen one) and the enemy inferno cannons just ignored him and watched. I dropped a mine cluster in front of the emperor tank and that ruined his day nicely.

The mass of enemy units defending there base, (to the south east) was completely annihilated with a carpet bomb combined with an artillery barrage.

And as they say, “The rest was history.”

Over all: Was way too easy, but totally enjoyable and with zero lag. Would make an excellent training map.

Bugs: Apart from the inferno cannon reaction, or lack of! The only things I noticed were these . . . >>> Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

. . . and even when all the enemy units/buildings had been removed, the game still hung, as though I had something else to do? So how is victory achieved?

Ps. I really like the enemy artillery platforms with the Gatling cannon attached. Is that a new building? Or just 1 stacked on top of the other?

*edit typo's *edit2 added HERO pic *edit3 added TankBoat pic

Edited by bluejedi, 16 February 2007 - 05:01.

#31 Neder117

Casual

• 57 posts
  • Projects: [Mapper-Guild]

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:08

Are you trying to become a tester? :/

Anyway nice report, real intreging.

''Theres to many man, to many people, making to many problems''

#32 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:32

The gattling cannon and artillery platform are stacked together which sucks in maps.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#33 bluejedi

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:54

View PostNeder117, on 15 Feb 2007, 10:08, said:

Are you trying to become a tester? :)
Anyway nice report, real intreging.
:/ No, not really. BUT will, If/when I have the time test any maps for anybody that wants one testing, just PM me and MSN me the file. 1st rule of being a jedi - unequivocal help to all things that want to be helped!

View PostSic, on 15 Feb 2007, 11:32, said:

The gattling cannon and artillery platform are stacked together which sucks in maps.
Cheers for confirming that Sic, I suspected as much. :tard:

#34 Zancloufer

Cause it looks Cool

• Project Team
  • 2605 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 20:19

Well, did you destroy everything, and capture/destroy all the oil dereks? Also, I will make a new version that is going to be harder....

#35 bluejedi

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:45

View PostZancloufer27, on 15 Feb 2007, 20:19, said:

Well, did you destroy everything, and capture/destroy all the oil dereks? Also, I will make a new version that is going to be harder....
lol, dude I operate a strict policy of "Tag Or Frag" If I can’t capture it, its toast!

On my second run through your mission, I also noticed this. >>> Posted Image [shock @ not noticing first time] But that’s easy to fix.

Edited by bluejedi, 16 February 2007 - 01:46.

#36 Zancloufer

Cause it looks Cool

• Project Team
  • 2605 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 13:01

Did you get all the Demo Traps? Even the one on the front bridge?
Also, I fixed the Inferno Cannons, and the Scud Launcher. ALso, should I remove the Carpet Bomb Ability?
I swaer you can garrison that tower. I'll get you a pic of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users