Supreme Commander release date.

63 replies to this topic

#1 DreadNot

Decider of Fate

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:45

I found this out a couple of days ago and didn't find anyone mentioning it, so I've taken the liberty to say it myself.

Supreme Commander now has a release date, and you won't even believe how close it is. The game is scheduled to come out on Febuary 20th, right now they are just perfecting the game any way they can by tweaking small details, fixing slight bugs and making every crease in it unfold.

I'm sure at least a few of you have shared the anxiety I have felt for this game to come out, and well that time is within 3 weeks.

Yahoo.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Big or small, home is home. Even if there's nothing left of it."

#2 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:54

Thats good news. I will have to try the demo and see how it plays.

-Lord_Atlantis
Posted Image

#3 DreadNot

Decider of Fate

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:01

I think they ran out of beta keys for the beta. Unless there's another demo you're talking about.

Anyway, I've played a few minutes of it (the computer I was on locks up on every game but it's the only computer that it would work on) and it's very simple. If you've played Total Annihilation, the lay out for building and commanding is quite similar.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:35

Hoooray!!!!!!!!! I was a fan of TA and this looks great.

#5 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:36

Looking forward to it.

#6 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 16:13

Same here. I just cant wait to set that Nuke of ...

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#7 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 27 January 2007 - 16:46

I'd love to get this game, but my comp needs upgrading.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#8 SonicBoom

Scyrge

• Member Test
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 19:45

View PostForgotten_Soul, on 27 Jan 2007, 11:46, said:

I'd love to get this game, but my comp needs upgrading.

Same here. I actually got one of the beta keys, but my comp wouldn't run the game. So now I have a beta key that hasn't been used. Stupid computer... *Kicks comp*

#9 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 19:58

never heard of it.
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#10 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 21:02

[url="http://www.supremecommander.com/"]http://www.supremecommander.com/[/url]

In case you want more info :read:.

#11 DreadNot

Decider of Fate

• 1065 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:18

View PostRumpullpus, on 27 Jan 2007, 15:58, said:

never heard of it.

Something to express my surprise....

:dizz:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:53

I have heard of TA, but have never played it.

I was hoping that there would be a regular beta like the Rise of Legends beta or Halo Trial.

-Lord_Atlantis

Edited by Lord_Atlantis, 28 January 2007 - 05:53.

Posted Image

#13 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:44

Maybe there'll be a demo, I hope so anyway.

#14 MLRS

Raining heavy metal!

• Banned
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 16:42

The beta rocks. AHHHHHHH STRATGIC ATRILLERY. (mavor) :/

see, i can wank too
Posted Image

#15 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:52

I heard it takes an hour to build a fully-functioning base and then a further two hours to construct a succesful attack force.

Long Story Short: Not looking forward to it, not getting it.
Posted Image
You'll only notice me when it's too late.
Posted Image

#16 striker26

Huh?

• 685 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 14:51

also the demo is out :P

im kinda neutral on this because its not really my type of game
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Bob For The Awesome Signature above and Avatar
Remix 3
Posted Image

#17 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 15:31

I will buy it, when i upgrade my comp, it ain't work on this computer. Need money for it.
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
________________________________________________________________________________
My greatest weapon is my knowledge.... And laser beam eyes.

#18 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 15:37

View Poststriker26, on 8 Feb 2007, 14:51, said:

its not really my type of game

Remind me why you're on a mianly C&C Forum, again? o_O
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 striker26

Huh?

• 685 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 17:57

no i dont like spending hours making a gigantic force and building a base and etc.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Bob For The Awesome Signature above and Avatar
Remix 3
Posted Image

#20 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:40

It's really fun (the demo) but the problem is, I'm using probaby my least used faction in skirmish (they only give you Cybran as an option) and also, th emaps are HUGE, defenses are amazingly good (double laser turrets, artillery defense guns etc.) and also, it's quite slow paced, some buildings take over 2 minutes to build, and it's a pain in the ass to build up mass (energy is easy, mass is hard). In the end, I beat the opponent turtling (I was turtling so I could build at least 1 of every combat unit) I built experimental monkeylord which just owned anything ( used it as defense against ground and air) and then I built tech 3 artillery cannon defense. That thing takes like 10 mins to build, but it was SO worth it, I thought that the ring showed on the map was the max range, but it was actually the minimum range, and the cannon could hit ANYTHING on the map, so I commanded it to attack the middle of the enemy's base, and the splash is huge nad so is th edamage. 2 mintues later, I get a lucky hit (I assume, i don't know cuz there is "Fog of war" over enemy base) on the enemy Armored Command Unit, and it blows up in a HUGE meltdown, signifying me winning. I like that it has tech levels (reminds me of ages in age of empires and rise of nations) and lots of units, defenses, buildings etc, and basically all buildings had a upgraded version of it, but I don't like that it takes SO long to build some stuff, and that it's so hard to get mas without using mass fabricators.
Posted Image

#21 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:44

Blegh. Nobody who has posted here has played TA before have they? The only reason you take hours to build a base is you don't have enough builders...

Posted Image

#22 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:31

I've played TA before. Doesn't mean I like the way SupCom handles building things. I played the demo for about 15 minutes and then I accidentally clicked the Score button at the top middle. It restarted my computer without any warning :D. I don't think SupCom is really my kind of game, I'm much more looking forward to C&C3.

#23 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:38

Amen Sistah. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:19

View PostAlias, on 9 Feb 2007, 20:44, said:

Blegh. Nobody who has posted here has played TA before have they? The only reason you take hours to build a base is you don't have enough builders...

I build like at least 10 builders for each tech level (I build at least 20 for tech 3) but it still takes a while. THe problem is ALWAYS maintaining mass and energy, usually masss. It doesn't matter how many builders are working on one project if it's always being held down by a negative mass flow. ANd it pisses me off that it takes a lot of power to build a power plant. Anyways,, I'm usually fully tech 2 at about a lil less than an hour (fully tech 2 means that all of my units are tech 2, I've fully reinforced defenses with tech 2, especially stationary artillery, cuz that helps a lot all the time. At tech 3, things just get so long, at tech 3, the power plant takes enormous energy flow to build it without losing all your power (your power is needed for shield generators, and radar systems), and then nuclear missile silo takes forever to build, with one T3 worker It's i think 80+ minutes, and so is the MAVOR nuclear artillery system. Anyways, as of now, I've defeated the enemy twice by using T3 experimental artillery to pound the center of their base and get a nice hit on the enemy ACU, and once with a nuke right smack in the middle of the base destroying.... everything. Looking forward to absolutely overrunning a base with Galactic Collosuses (Sacred Battle Unit, of the Aeon Illuminate faction, IIRC, it can withstand 4 direct strategic nuclear missile hits at GROUND ZERO, because it has 240,000 health).

I'm looking forward to this and C&C3, this one for long battles that will keep me entertained for a whole weekend, and C&C3 for quick fast paced action with tried and true C&C style.
Posted Image

#25 DreadNot

Decider of Fate

• 1065 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 16:49

View PostEddy01741, on 14 Feb 2007, 00:19, said:

View PostAlias, on 9 Feb 2007, 20:44, said:

I build like at least 10 builders for each tech level (I build at least 20 for tech 3) but it still takes a while. THe problem is ALWAYS maintaining mass and energy, usually masss. It doesn't matter how many builders are working on one project if it's always being held down by a negative mass flow. ANd it pisses me off that it takes a lot of power to build a power plant. Anyways,, I'm usually fully tech 2 at about a lil less than an hour (fully tech 2 means that all of my units are tech 2, I've fully reinforced defenses with tech 2, especially stationary artillery, cuz that helps a lot all the time. At tech 3, things just get so long, at tech 3, the power plant takes enormous energy flow to build it without losing all your power (your power is needed for shield generators, and radar systems), and then nuclear missile silo takes forever to build, with one T3 worker It's i think 80+ minutes, and so is the MAVOR nuclear artillery system. Anyways, as of now, I've defeated the enemy twice by using T3 experimental artillery to pound the center of their base and get a nice hit on the enemy ACU, and once with a nuke right smack in the middle of the base destroying.... everything. Looking forward to absolutely overrunning a base with Galactic Collosuses (Sacred Battle Unit, of the Aeon Illuminate faction, IIRC, it can withstand 4 direct strategic nuclear missile hits at GROUND ZERO, because it has 240,000 health).

I'm looking forward to this and C&C3, this one for long battles that will keep me entertained for a whole weekend, and C&C3 for quick fast paced action with tried and true C&C style.

Once I get the chance, I just whore Support ACUs for contruction and assisting. Then I upgrade them with additional resources. Makes the game seem to go faster.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users