The Daily Life at the Officer´s Quarters

18 replies to this topic

#1 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:28

It is 7:00 AM here, and I cant sleep.
So I just decided to write a little story.I had this Idea when I had a Conversation with Nuker. Sorry, in case my English turns out to be realy bad.

So grab a Coke or something, because this will take a while.Well maybe only 10 Mins.
I hope you enjoy.

Oh and yes, please dont take everything too serious, its just a Story.

The Daily Life at the Officer´s Quarters

I opened my Eyes. Something was diffrent in my room, I just felt it. Was it the nightmare I just had? Or the Sun wich shined through my windows? It has been very snowy for a few Weeks now, and our troops had a very big delay. The Weather never changed ... untill to this morning it seems. Now I knew what gave me this weird feeling ... my Door was open. Who was in my Room, while I were spleeping? I sat up in my Bed. My Hair was in a Mess ... I thought I didnt drank that much yesterday. I normally go to bed after I made my Hair. This was kind of weird. Whatever, i got up and went into my Bathroom. "Now a Shower ..." was what i thought. After it, I felt much better. I watched in the Mirror ... "I had better days" I thought. Anyway, it was like only 20 Minutes from the Officers meeting. So I went back in my Room, and put my Uniform on. "Ah yes, Hansi must have washed it". You probably now think, who or what the hell is a Hansi. Its a German Nickname for the Name Hans. And Hansi Scrap was our concierge wich always did overtime, since he has no other Hobbies than just cleaning the floor or talking to Lt. Mustach.
I just packed my Stuff and left my Room. In the Hallway, i noticed, that it realy became warmer again. I looked outside, and saw that most of the Snow was melt away. Somekind of funny, since it wasnt that warm last Night.

I went trough the Halls to the Exit door, wich led outside to the Central of the Base. The whole ground was covered in asphalt ... cold asphalt wich was very wet, full of molten Snow.
I heard voices behind the Barracks. Since I had like 10 Minutes left before the meeting, I thought "Why dont you take a look". The Trainingground and Firing Range were behind the Barracks. It was some Recruits doing they daily Training ... but as far as I know, the Training was temporarly paused because of the Weather. I found this weird, but all seems to make sense, after I saw Sgt. A-Merica. "Sergeant?What are you doing here?" A-Merica seemed to be suprised to see me. He was a thewy black Man, wich was a very Respected Drill Instructor in this Base. In his free time, he likes to cut his head Bald with his Commando Knife. He saluted with a very strong stance. Like he always does.
"Good Morning Lieutenant Colonel Eve Ma´m."
"Good Morning Sergeant.I see you are training youre new Recruits.As far as I know, the Trainingsessions have been temporarly paused."
"Dont worry Ma´m, the General himself gave me the permission to train these Rookies."
"The General himself?"
"Well, not directly Ma´m. His Secretary gave me the Permission, she was sent by the General."
"The Weather has changed very quickly ... I personally find this a bit ... well, Unnormal, if you understand what I mean Sergeant. I dont know if this is good, or a disadvantage for or troops."
"We could get them going today Ma´m. That way, whe dont have such a long Delay."
"Yes yes ..."
I was looking down on the Asphalt, and I was thinking about our Troop Organisation.I stood there, saying nothing, for like 1 Minute, untill i got ripped out of my cogitations because of a big Explosion.

"Private Zeppel, what the Hell are you doing there Mister?!"
"Sorry Sarge, but that freakin target wouldnt fall down."
"It doesent suppose to fall down you Twag!You have to shoot at it!You dont even have the Permission to use those Grenades!"
"But why are McNab and Jeff allowed to?"
"Because they dont have a freakin Boot in there Ass like you will do if you dont do 100 Push Ups Immidiatley!"
"O .. Okay!"
"And you Haggis? Mister, what the Hell do you think youre doing there?!Its not even Breakfeast Time, so throw that Sandwich there away, before I shove it up youre Ass!"
Haggis just looked like he nearly wet his pants, and threw that Burger that fast away, like a freakin Sonic Jet.
I said "Sergeant, dont you think that youre a bit harsh?"
"Well Ma´m, the Battlefield is no Place were you can run back to Mama and start crying."
"Well, anyway, Ive got the Staff Meeting now, so, you are in charge here.Oh, and, if you see Lt. Mustache, you tell him that hed better get to the Meeting quickly, otherwise, he will feel the Consequences."
"As you wish Ma´m.May I ask why?"
"He didnt joined the Meetings often. This cant be tolerated."
"Of course not."
"Dismissed"

I was on my way back into the Building. I went to the second Floor, and went in the Staff room.
Most of the Officers were already there. So I just took my seat, and waited for the Rest.
I always sat in the Corner of the Room. From there, i had a Nice Overview of the Base, and I could also see A-Merica letting Zeppel run around the Shooting Range.
"Good Morning Ltd. Col. Eve. Do you wish to have some Coffee?"
"No thanks.Do you know where the rest is?"
"Unfortunatley, some reported themselves Sick."
"Yes of course, Standart ... Ah, yes, do you know where Major Nuker is?"
"Major Nuker is right on his way to the Meeting. He just wanted to make sure, that his stockpile of "Toys" is in Top Condition"

Nuker was always that way.When there was one Officer in this Base, in this whole Army, wich was zealous about blowing things up with a big "Boom", it was definatley Major Nuker. We 2 share this exaltation.
The only Problem is always this Toxic waste and RAD wich has to been cleaned away after the Party.

The Purpose of those Meeting were the Organisation of our Troops, and the Tactical/Strategic Planning.
The Enemy doesent Sleep, neihter does the War. If we cant put this to an end, it would put an end to us.
But that was our Job. And every Job brings some risks with it.

The Door openend and the Brigadier General Mosov, Major Nuker, and the rest of the Officers Club came in the Room.

Before the General went into his Office, he told us all, just to be patient for just a little while.
The rest of the Club sat down, and Nuker aswell.
"Hi Nuker"
"Hi Eve. Did you saw the latest reports from our intelligence Corps?"
"You mean the reports of Eternal Acres, or how the People call it?"
"Yes, apparently, the Enemy is having a Meeting there with some of the top Bosses of the Black Market"
"When did that Report arrive?"
"As far as I know, it was yesterday. Well, that was, what the Brigadier General just told me."
"Yesterday hmm? ... Maybe thats why he shove the Meeting to 4 Days earlier than normally.
What could we do about that Meeting.What do you suggest Nuker?"
He started to grin.
"Nuke em!"
"I would like to too, but you know we cant.There are Civillians there ..."
Nuker was looking at me quite Dissapointed.
"Yes I know ... its just, We couldnt blow up some stuff since a few Months now."
"Yes, the Weather was not realy good for our Plans, but we will get the Chance, belive me, sooner or later."

The Brigadier General came in, and we all stood up and Saluted.
"So so Ladies and Gentleman ... lets start the Mission Briefing for,
Operation Eternal."

Did you read it all down to here now, or did you just scroll down? :P
Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed it. If you liked it, I wouldnt Mind to write another one, since I sometimes have a Day Free in the Week and have at those Nights often nothing to do.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#2 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:43

Very nice :P. I see the unreal part when you mentioned Nuker. "Nuke em" is not really his first thought, but nicely written. I would love to see more, it was much better than the books I read here.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#3 Futschki

Duh!

• 2835 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:59

This Is Very Great I really Liked it ... I dont like to read long stories but this one seemed interesting so I read it all ... and it was very nicely written and a very good idea too
Posted Image

#4 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 03 March 2007 - 19:30

View PostSic, on 3 Mar 2007, 04:43, said:

I see the unreal part when you mentioned Nuker. "Nuke em" is not really his first thought,

Sic, you have a lot to learn about me then :read: . However, I'd also enjoy seeing a battalion of tanks roll in (Mammoths anyone?) :spam:

Nicely done E.V.E., nicely done. Only a Lt. Colonel E.V.E? I thought for sure you were General material :spam: . Anyway, I am looking forward to your next edition, as I suspect it will be as entertaining, if not more than this one.

My best,

Nuker :spam:
Posted Image

#5 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 19:52

View PostMajor Nuker, on 3 Mar 2007, 20:30, said:

View PostSic, on 3 Mar 2007, 04:43, said:

I see the unreal part when you mentioned Nuker. "Nuke em" is not really his first thought,

Sic, you have a lot to learn about me then :read: . However, I'd also enjoy seeing a battalion of tanks roll in (Mammoths anyone?) :spam:

Nicely done E.V.E., nicely done. Only a Lt. Colonel E.V.E? I thought for sure you were General material :spam: . Anyway, I am looking forward to your next edition, as I suspect it will be as entertaining, if not more than this one.

My best,

Nuker :spam:

I meant in the forum :crosseye:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#6 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:50

Only a Lt. Colonel E.V.E? I thought for sure you were General material.

:locky: :D

No, its just because, well, this Story could be in our Past. Like, the reasons, why we became Generals or something like that. Apart from that I have some Plans with Mosov.

Thanks for the Comments Boyz, much appretiated.

Maybe, you will see a Sequell soon.

- E.V.E.

Edited by E.V.E., 13 March 2007 - 14:33.

Posted Image

#7 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:52

Will I be in :locky:?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#8 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 13:28

Well, I would like to implement Some Personallities in it, yes, But I didnt do it because I never asked for Permission.

If you want to, I can, I´ll just need to find out wich Place in a Military Base would fit you best.

Maybe some Likes/Dislikes of Vehicles, Tactics, Weapons would help.

- E.V.E.

Edited by E.V.E., 05 March 2007 - 13:29.

Posted Image

#9 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 13:33

I was just joking, it's your story where you can do w/e you want.

Anyway, meet me on MSN :locky:.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#10 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 14:39

Nice writing. :)
Posted Image

#11 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 15 March 2007 - 22:16

For some reason I thought the title was the 'Daily Life at the Office' and completely skipped this (I hate work). But good writing and I hope to see more.
Posted Image

#12 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 15 March 2007 - 23:13

Impressive writing :) The intro gets you into it and the descriptions certantly come together to form somewhat of a map of the whole base. You should make it on WB! XD

I like the story overall, and even the characters all have their personalities shown, and seem apporpriate.

"Major Nuker is right on his way to the Meeting. He just wanted to make sure, that his stockpile of "Toys" is in Top Condition"

See what I mean :pimp:.

Great story EVE, I'm looking forward for a sequel :).

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#13 Nuke General

Originally Nuke General, Formerly Forerunner

• Member Test
  • 977 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:19

1st Lieutenant Forerunner here, and demolition's my mission :)

But seriously, Great Story EVE! If you don't mind I have a slight suggestion for the story, don't really use the likes, such as "It was like a minute" it could ruin the illusion because you really wouldn't expect to hear the slang from officers.

But still, that was an excellent story, I look forward to reading another installment!
Posted Image
Awesome sig made by Lord Atlantis

#14 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts
  • Projects: shockwave,rise of the reds

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:27

confuses me XD lol but nice anyways

#15 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 16 March 2007 - 14:48

In your story I am a janitor that will eventually save half of the world but obliterated the other half.

Anyway good writing.

#16 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:52

You should write a book. I really love how you expressed feelings and such in this story. And it really expresses Nuker (''Nuke'em'') You MUST make more :D Keep them coming :D
Posted Image

#17 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 18:44

Nice bump :D.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#18 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 19:58

I alowed him to do that Sic.

If I ever write another Story, I would have bumped this anyway.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#19 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 20:08

Oh sorry then. I thought he got bored and didn't have what else to do :D.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users