Command buttons

2 replies to this topic

#1 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 11 May 2010 - 22:54

Just wondering, Can any one make a tutorial on how to make your own command buttons and all that good stuff! mainly what i am asking is like a "switch like" button where if i press it it will open a gate with the script:

*** IF ***
    Player Player &#39;<This Player>&#39; built Upgrade &#39;<This Upgrade>&#39; from Unit &#39;<This Object>&#39;.
*** THEN ***
  Set Flag named &#39;Door open&#39; to TRUE

All i need is the upgrade/command button thingy!

Thanks, 8|

Genrail

Edited by genrail, 11 May 2010 - 22:57.

This place still exists?

#2 pirate

The friendly scourge of the seven seas

• Project Leader
  • 1256 posts
  • Projects: GenerationX, Forgotten Fury, European Conflict and more

Posted 12 May 2010 - 20:17

hmm I don't think SAGE supports this kind of "IF, THEN" constructions, what you could do for gates is giving this gate a weapon that would activate a OCL for an overlord object, but like an american battle drone with a free upgrade, this upgrade would then change the condition (via a model conditionstate change via upgrade behaviour) you would need a fireweapon update (with a fire weapon after cooldown (like the microwave tank)) that fires another weapon which would remove this upgrade by killing the dummy drone for the upgrade....

This is advanced coding, and I haven't tested this, but it might work :P
Proud leader of Forgotten Fury and co-leader of European Conflict

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 12 May 2010 - 21:11

No, No, No, that script is just a world builder script that will be used to open the gate, all i need is a button that will when upgraded turn off and be upgradable again, with a pic and a 'how to" on how you did it.... it needs no use just a button
This place still exists?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users