#26 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts
  • Projects: Silent Dawn VI: The Dark Return, Sigma Invasion

Posted 27 May 2007 - 23:56

Hmm:

In 2009:
After over 30 years of cold war struggle and threats. The two countries Aurilla and Sitobaxion have finally declared a truce and have pledged an alliance together for the greater good of both nations. However unknown radicals from either side has launched unauthorized terror attacks against the other and claimed responsibility respectively. Angered over this, the once united countries are now at war with one another once again. However neither side has even considered the safety of those caught in the middle of this world war. Take command of the armies of Dyertis and Al Marcus to protect your countries from the steam rolling onslaught of the 2 superpowers.

Just a little 3 minute storyline I made. Personally I think this storyline alone is enough to get one interested. The countries are different and act different ect. You don't play as the superpower, you play as the ones caught in the middle. Sure the sides may have similar weapons in today however because this story is completely made up we can assume which side gets which. For all you know the side that represents Germany gets B-2 bombers! Really now, that frees up A LOT of creativity and allows the team to develop something that isn't restricted to today's standards. I'm not saying this should be done, just consider how much better the mod can be if you had the creative freedom to act like in this story. Since nothing is dictating which sides get which, you can do anything. Really, ANYTHING.

Really, look at generals. It is a War on Terror with a Black Hawk Down twist and a creative taste with few real and few completely made up designs. Be a bit liberal in what you can use.

Edited by Vengence, 28 May 2007 - 05:39.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Friends look out for one another

#27 Axel of Sweden

<Custom title available>

• 739 posts
  • Projects: Operation Garbo

Posted 28 May 2007 - 19:12

Why dont you make it like armed assault,

a real faction waging a war with a fictional one
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 rezz

Casual

• 69 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 19:05

Thank you all for your replies. I am moving out of the mod team. We were suppose to make Iran and EU. Two good faction. But then a new mod leader came out of nowhere and said he wants U.S. So, I am out. As you can see I am releasing public models. I will release all the models I made for Iranian faction so hopefully, you will see a mod about Iran soon than America and Russia.

Rezz

#29 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 20:01

Aren´t you teh leader? If so, nobody can simply take over the mod.

#30 rezz

Casual

• 69 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 21:26

View PostMaster_Chief, on 31 May 2007, 00:01, said:

Aren´t you teh leader? If so, nobody can simply take over the mod.

No. I wasn't the leader. I first heard about the mod from some1 I know on the net because he showed interest in 30+ models I made for the Iranian faction. In a couple of months, when we got our forums, some1 else showed up and start changing all the factions and units and etc.. and I was upset. Later I noticed that this new guy is planning way ahead. He is planning for possible 5th or 6th factions while the first one is not done. The modding team is not complete. I mean come on. Most mods start off well but in few month they all go dead. i.e: Restore Justice, Calls to Arm, An Act of War, and so the list goes.. So when I realized the mod leader is a day dreamer, I left the team for the past experience I had with Restore Justice Mod. Exact same scenario: a dreamer took control of the mod and instead of managing the resources, he was planning on each of weapons used by the infantry. He was defining the ammo of the rifleman, zoom levels on the Sniper's gun, burst fire of medic's pistol, and etc.. At the time, we had a modding team of 15+ members covering EVERYTHING needed for a mod. But what the heck, the mod died months after he took control.

Rezz

#31 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 21:11

This mod did, or if it is still alive, looks ver promisind D:

#32 Judgement

Demon of the Fall

• 2330 posts
  • Projects: Same old shit different pile.

Posted 03 June 2007 - 00:09

No. I wasn't the leader. I first heard about the mod from some1 I know on the net because he showed interest in 30+ models I made for the Iranian faction. In a couple of months, when we got our forums, some1 else showed up and start changing all the factions and units and etc.. and I was upset. Later I noticed that this new guy is planning way ahead. He is planning for possible 5th or 6th factions while the first one is not done. The modding team is not complete. I mean come on. Most mods start off well but in few month they all go dead. i.e: Restore Justice, Calls to Arm, An Act of War, and so the list goes.. So when I realized the mod leader is a day dreamer, I left the team for the past experience I had with Restore Justice Mod. Exact same scenario: a dreamer took control of the mod and instead of managing the resources, he was planning on each of weapons used by the infantry. He was defining the ammo of the rifleman, zoom levels on the Sniper's gun, burst fire of medic's pistol, and etc.. At the time, we had a modding team of 15+ members covering EVERYTHING needed for a mod. But what the heck, the mod died months after he took control.

Rezz

Thats exactly why most MC mods die out. Cause most people dont know when to stop. This is also another reason why you should start small and get everything figured out. If its a team thing than the team has to stay together and has to stick with the plan. If its a single person than that person alone can keep the plan going if they know what they are doing and they can keep themselves in a good strong position.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Unleashed2k

• 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:17

Hello all, glad you have concerns about this modification.

We are all ears. The old leader of this modification never left, I acquired it to my company (Blue Crystal Studios).

I help direct and lead this modification. He is the main leader of this modification (fyi he will reply under me).

We are developing this modification by concept first, then models. We are on a long track of putting everything down pat to make sure there are no loopholes or unbalancing problems. This is why we have dropped Iran from the first release, we have replaced Iran with Russia. US and Russia are tentitivly(sp) the first two factions. We have 99% finished the United States. I want to tell you this now that this isn't a modern mod, but a future mod. It will be based 10 years in the future and we will be putting weapons and vehicles that are currently in development into place. For example, we will be using the Future Combat System for the United States, (example: NLOS-C), and we will be using future technologies that are in development like wireless power and stuff.

This is a completely unique modification, and we have updated our MODDB page with concepts. We will be refreshing this soon (touching up the images, adding more). Our concept artist works hard making multiple concepts for our modification to give us ideas. He mainly will do concepts on things we already listed, but sometime he will go out of his way to develop new ideas.

Anyways, I don't want to post too much since I am supposed to let the original mod leader post about this modification himself.

Also to let you guys know, the first post of this thread was never officially authorized by BCS or the Tactical Warfare modification, but it's okay now since it's already done. I only found this post by your friendly neighborhood search engine (google).

Have any questions or concerns, please visit our forums located @ http://www.bluecryst...dios.com/forums

Thankyou for reading :popcorn:

Unleashed2k
"Unleashed to Kill"
Owner of BCS

#34 narboza22

Regular

• 189 posts
  • Projects: nada

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:34

Hi, I'm the leader of Tactical Warfare. I would have posted sooner had I known about this thread. Anyway, I'll play a little bit of catch up and respond to a few of the previous posters.

Vengence: While of course you are entitled to your opinion about anything, I hardly find it necessary to complain about us making this mod. If you do not want to play it, then don't. Its clearly a little early to be judging anything about a CnC3 mod, considering that the SDK has not even been released yet.

About making up countries: My original intent was to make an RTS game as realistic as possible while still keeping it fun to play. That is still the plan, and to do that, TW will have real countries with realistic weapons.

Rezz: I'm not following your train of thought. As the SDK has still not been released, we cannot do anything more than plan ahead and brainstorm, which is what we are doing.

This mod is not dead. Our public forums appear dead because all of the dev team has been posting in the private forums so far. While we are still waiting for the SDK, we are going to start releasing more concept art, and our website is going to be up soon as well. I'd ask any of you who are interested to drop by our forums and let us know what you think. Thanks.
Posted Image

#35 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:22

View Postnarboza22, on 25 Jun 2007, 21:34, said:

Vengence: While of course you are entitled to your opinion about anything, I hardly find it necessary to complain about us making this mod. If you do not want to play it, then don't. Its clearly a little early to be judging anything about a CnC3 mod, considering that the SDK has not even been released yet.

Yeah I'm not playing, because I had it up to my freakin eyes in MC mods and lost interest. I am simply dumbfounded by the fact that there are SO MANY MC mods out there that it just got boring to see the same thing featured in every mod. I mean, being able to add custom content equals innovation. Heck a guy from EA Tiburon thinks so too but this is just not happening yet. I mean, visually this mod would basically toss innovation out the window since you are working of the future combat systems rather than conceptualizing, designing, planning, and making your own content.

This is a completely unique modification

....... ....... ....... Nope, no way. Well in some sense but not completely. USA? Russia? Boy how many times have those 2 been used in mods? The only way to be completely unique is to well.... not use anything done before I think. For one I believe Rise of Legends to be utterly unique because quite frankly, I have never seen anything like that in any game. The visual creativity was simply astounding. You cannot really be unique if you are working off the real world visually IMO.

Ok I am dizzy so my comments may not be thorough. Anyways I can still accept the fact that there can be a USA, Russia ect but I HIGHLY recommend that you come up with your own custom designed content rather than copying FCS. In my own mod I draw and draw and draw the same unit over and over again until it looks true to its purpose and aesthetics and base my works off almost NOTHING except for the bare minimum. For instance, my Jackal tank is completely unique except for a portion of the turret which is based off a German Leopard II tank which laid the foundations for the entire design. Really, that tank is almost completely unique except for that one part. Try something like that and you will better catch my interest.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 narboza22

Regular

• 189 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:36

Again, I ask that you do not judge something that you are not familiar with :smile:
Posted Image

#37 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:22

He is right. A mod can´t be Unique if there are Things like an apache, abrams or other things that have yet been done.

#38 Unleashed2k

• 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 15:33

Yes it can be, just because we include something that isn't unique doesn't turn the whole mod not unique.

Today I am releasing the unit list and structure list for the United States.

#39 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 17:12

It actually does.

#40 narboza22

Regular

• 189 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 17:19

View PostMaster_Chief, on 26 Jun 2007, 3:22, said:

He is right. A mod can´t be Unique if there are Things like an apache, abrams or other things that have yet been done.

By that standard, mods like Shockwave and Contra are not any good either. They both have the F-22, the F-35, the C-130... in them.
Posted Image

#41 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 26 June 2007 - 18:29

View Postnarboza22, on 26 Jun 2007, 19:19, said:

View PostMaster_Chief, on 26 Jun 2007, 3:22, said:

By that standard, mods like Shockwave and Contra are not any good either. They both have the F-22, the F-35, the C-130... in them.

Yes, ShW and Contra use these (vZH legacy) units, true. Some of them are being used or being developed (Raptor, Black Widow, Hercules), some will be/have been taken out of service (Humvee, Sheridan), some design projects were cancelled (Comanche) but most units - by far the most units - are completely unique. Laser Paladin, Battle Fortress, Nuclear Overlord, Demo Marauder, etc. are all unique. And yes, Smerches and BRDMs may be real-world units too, but they are old Soviet designs rarely used in other mods. And, like I said, ShW uses some real-world experimental units (Black Widow, Strike Raptor) but these units are still in heavy development and are rarely if ever seen in other mods.

Moreover, ShW doesn't use these overused units like Apaches and Abrams'. The mod is also not built entirely around real-world units. Yours is.

#42 narboza22

Regular

• 189 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 20:01

Considering that our mod is about realism, it makes sense, to me at least, that it would have realistic units.

I'm not sure I understand why SW can use experimental units and you are all for it, but when someone else uses other experimental units, you say that it is unoriginal.
Posted Image

#43 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 20:06

Just don´t listen to them, believe me, it helps. Your mod is original, there´s no way to effectively denying that.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#44 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:59

A Lil' hint: If you use own desing, but realistic ones, then it would be a really orginal mod :)

#45 Unleashed2k

• 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 14:21

Which is exactly what we are doing.

#46 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 16:29

oh, then^^

I thought you where going to use only real units^^

#47 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 19:01

What exactly do you mean by realism? Do you mean real 'stuff' or realistic 'looking'? The 'stuff' part is what I cannot stand any longer. One of you above said you would be "using" FCS and not 'basing' it off them. That indicates you are copying FCS and not using your own creative thinking which results in inoriginality, dullness, and the age old feeling of 'oh ho hum, I've seen that 100x before." Certainly some rare or relatively unused weapons can alleviate this but there can be that feeling of "i've seen it already.' However I can say this: If nobody knows about it, then it is good. I never knew of the LOSAT humvee before and when I saw it my jaw dropped. Something so obscure and unused makes an interesting device. Which leads me back: Using, not basing. Key words my friend. Some times major games stick out becuase they are just so different and cool. Some are just plain rip offs and genre flooders like the WWII niche. That idea has been so overused that just looking at the covers are painful until that one little game changes the whole thing like Company of Heroes.

Basically:

Copying is BAAAD.

Edited by Vengence, 27 June 2007 - 19:20.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 19:12

Telling from what he sayed, they are doing realistic, but unreal desings.

#49 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 19:22

I dearly hope to god that those overused T- whatever russian tanks aren't put in. I've seen and fought them so much that they are just plain un fun to mess with.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Unleashed2k

• 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 23:22

We are ending our discussion here at cncreneclips, if you want to discuss anything fill free to visit our forums.

Final note:
We are making this mod based off of what we would like to play, if you do not like this concept then fill free to ignore this mod and play other modifications. For the US (might rename to the North American Union) we will be using the future combat concept with a twist. We are using this system and just adding a twist. I have been wainting for a game to use this system and its time. :D

Fill free to see our unit list here: http://www.bluecryst...e/units_usa.php
Forums: http://www.bluecryst...ios.com/forums/

We will being doing an interview soon for a c&c 3 community website.

Edited by Unleashed2k, 27 June 2007 - 23:23.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users