one of them nights

47 replies to this topic

#26 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:57

I am a partial insomniac. I never get to sleep until about half past 12, even if I go to bed at 10pm. Then I have to get up at about 630am for school, so I live on 5 hours of sleep per weekday, and maybe 3 hours of sleep on the weekend.

Posted Image

#27 G-sus

batshit insane

• 802 posts
  • Projects: Coding Skynet

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:00

you... are actually... turning your pc off... when you go to sleep?
dude, thats wierd...!
my pc is always on...
i couldnt sleep knowing my pc is not on...
the sound of the fans... and if its really silent i can sometimes the hdd´s, too...
i even do wake up if it reboots or has a crash (while music still running)....
Posted Image
(Sig by The DR)

True beauty comes from heart and mind.
(but perfection has also big boobs)

#28 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 16:30

What a waste of electricity that is...
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#29 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:14

Argument goes that it uses more power to turn on the computer than to keep it running,, which is semi-true, only if the duration you leave it off for outweighs the cost. Since I'm not home at all and only use the computer for about 3 hours,, I turn mine off.

Plus it's a bit healthier for your components.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#30 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:18

there is only about 4 hours a day where mine isnt used.
and if i did turn it off when it wasnt being used, it be turning it on like 6 or 7 times a day.
cos me and my uncle use it. he pretty much uses it all night, cos he works nights, and i use it in the day

Posted Image

#31 Dr HaxX

Remorseful Assassin

• 1070 posts
  • Projects: Eden Site; Summit Site

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:03

I hate sleeping. I like the world at night... It blinds you to some of the ugliness in it. Plus all those hours unconscious you could have spent doing something constructive. But I digress. I went through almost all of highschool on only a few hours of sleep a week, and it was living hell. I hated my life. I wanted to comit suicide. No joke... But I couldn't sleep because of my nightmares. I have a problem with having chronic nightmares of startling reality and they make me not want to go to sleep... I'm afraid of them. Plus I have trouble getting to sleep. So much so that I can only go to sleep now if I exhale and hold my breath until I pass out and resume normal breathing patterns involuntarily.
Remember me? You old timers?

#32 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:19

View PostWarbz, on 30 May 2007, 03:18, said:

there is only about 4 hours a day where mine isnt used.
and if i did turn it off when it wasnt being used, it be turning it on like 6 or 7 times a day.
cos me and my uncle use it. he pretty much uses it all night, cos he works nights, and i use it in the day

Turning it on doesn't use any more power than running it does. It takes just a few minutes to start up. So even if you turn it off for 15 minutes, you've already come out ahead. And leaving it on for 4 hours is a real waste of electricity.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#33 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 17:29

I've left mine on for much longer than a few days...

Anyway, didn't retire till about 4:00 this morning. I ahd to get up not an hour and a half later for school and finals.

Hmmz instafail?

#34 Vaughan

Professional

• 390 posts
  • Projects: Resident Knicker.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 17:44

I'm just like Shirou, nearly word for word. I feel horrible when I don't get enough sleep, like a feeling where you're just going to melt away and die. :lol:

~V.
Posted Image

-Tha' rewf iz awn fiyah-

#35 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 11 June 2007 - 15:00

View PostWarbz, on 23 May 2007, 04:27, said:

well its 4 am here and i cant sleep.
its been happening alot lately, i just feel like im missing out on something,
but i know im not cos there is nothing happening in order for me to miss it, as everyone else is sleeping. (well actually, not everyone else, my uncle is playin bf2142 on the other pc. XD. i guess he cant sleep either for whatever eason.)
*sigh*
anyone else ever have one of these nights?

Yep, not all the time though.

I dont sleep well, I usually wake up feeling tireder than when i went to sleep.

View PostChris, on 23 May 2007, 05:50, said:

Yes all the time, I don't sleep at night anymoar ....I sleep when the clock on my pc is 6am

Lol so ur nocturnal :)

And i'm the same as vaughan.
but still dont sleep well.

I get really hot.

And cant sleep.

Edited by Smooder, 11 June 2007 - 15:01.

#36 Dr.Schwarzk0pf

Der Metzgermeister

• Member Test
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 19:59

View PostChris, on 23 May 2007, 11:50, said:

Yes all the time, I don't sleep at night anymoar ....I sleep when the clock on my pc is 6am

I used to do like this but now i go to da bed around 2am and wake up on 12am

Edited by Dr.ШBAPЗKOPФ, 29 June 2007 - 19:59.

Posted Image

my sig showroom kick!!
http://500px.com/schwarzk0pf

glouf, on 23 Jun 2006, 16:51, said:

I like to call him Dr. Spamkopf

#37 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 20:05

Recently I've been waking up randomly at obscure hours.
I'll wake up at times like 3AM, sigh, get a drink, then go back to sleep again.
It's not really a problem, it's just a bit of a hassle. I think my body clock's having a hissy fit.
Posted Image
You'll only notice me when it's too late.
Posted Image

#38 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 20:55

I got them more then one then once...
Posted Image

#39 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 29 June 2007 - 21:08

View PostAlias, on 23 May 2007, 9:47, said:

You Europeans do not know heat. Ask Overdose or myself about it.

Where I live, there is at least 2 days a year when the asphalt melts into black goo. You could practically make toast outside.

That happened last year in NORTHERN ENGLAND! or it might have been a few summers ago.

But you have a giant hole in ur atnosphere so you win.

#40 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:43

I still kinda agree with Alias....Try living in a country with a normal temperature of 32 to 36'C (20 to 25'C at night) for almost EVERYDAY....Thats why i rarely leave my house anymore and i'm usually awake at night because I can't bare the heat while at night, We have a cold weather...

@Smooder's "But you have a giant hole in ur atnosphere so you win." : What's your point?

Edited by Chris, 30 June 2007 - 03:45.

#41 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:29

It's 3 in the morning here. My mom calls me the reincarnate of some vampire or something because my habit to be a nocturnal troll. I like it cold and dark. (I will NEVER live near the equator or Australia, no offense but I wouldn't be able to take the heat) I also have difficulty getting to sleep. But I sleep like a rock when I'm finally there. And apparently sleepwalk because my alarm has failed to get me up for a week now. >.<

But yeah, I have insomnia. I can't sleep unless the room isn't really cold (40-30 F Cold). While my dad is chronically tired. He usually sleeps 14 hours a day average.
Writing Thread

#42 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 19:07

View PostDr.ШBAPЗKOPФ, on 29 Jun 2007, 20:59, said:

View PostChris, on 23 May 2007, 11:50, said:

I used to do like this but now i go to da bed around 2am and wake up on 12am

Someone has too much time in their hands ;)

#43 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:20

I have days where I can stay up until 3am or 4am with no problem, and then I have other days where I can barely make it past 11pm. When I do manage to stay up past 11, I'm usually here. At night, there's nothing else to do, except maybe watch TV, and at this time, there's nothing but crap and informercials (guess I could have lumped those in with "crap"). On the weekends, I don't wake up until 10am or 11am, and then I don't start getting ready for the day until 1pm or 2pm. I like to lounge, but keeping strange bed fellows is probably why I've become a night owl. I hate mornings, and if I had my way, my day wouldn't start until 10, but I don't, so 8am it is.

I've only managed to ever stay away an entire day once, and even then I don't know how I did it.
Posted Image

#44 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:40

I bet you it FEELS hotter in Japan during the rainy season, which is coincidentally right about now. So many sleepless nights at my Grandparents house.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#45 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:04

Night is usually hot here, except for last night when I used the blanket for the first time.

Edited by Waris, 09 July 2007 - 07:04.

#46 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:11

Can't sleep, its 2:10 now and all I've been doing are calisthetics and ES'ing

#47 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:38

Hot showers are usually a good remedy but then i don't have this problem. I only stay up if something happens that gets my pulse racing. Anything. Then I won't be able to sleep.

Or if I have company. (No, not in that way) but like school camps and stuff. Cos you talk.
Posted Image

#48 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 21:35

If there's activity, at least for me, I can stay up. Keeping yourself occupied generally helps to keep you up (do this only if you intend to stay up though).

I was at a church lock-in, and there was things to do all night. I watched a movie around 2am. Big mistake, I felt exhausted, so I really don't know how I was able to stay up. Anyway, I did, then played a version of Hide-and-Go-Seek called "Sardines". Had a lot of fun there, and scared the daylights out of one of the groups. Next thing I know, it's 6am, and I still had energy to burn (which I did up until 10am, where I went home and plopped on the bed).

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users