A brief history of time

1 reply to this topic

#1 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:47

Read this one by steven hawkins,, was a pretty damn good read,, particularly the part describing how, looking at the differences between real and imaginary in terms of maths and physics, the imaginary world actually makes a lot more logical sense than the real world, and the irony that things would be more believable if the two words were switched.

I.e. what we see, know and understand is part of the 'imaginary' world, and the stuff we can't see and comprehend within our own world is actually the 'real' stuff.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#2 Zero

Commander&Chief of the Order of the Black Knights

• 581 posts
  • Projects: None, unfortunately

Posted 15 May 2008 - 21:25

Someone- I think it was Einstein- said that for something to be thought of it must also exist. Meaning that if you have a dream where superman is real, a universe will be created in which he is real. I you think he dies, a universe is created where he dies. In theory, it is entirely possible that for whenever something is thought of, it is created, although it would be VERY hard to prove or disprove.
Posted Image
Posted Image
[indent]Garrod "Newtype Killer" Ran[/indent]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users