35 replies to this topic

#26 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 03 June 2007 - 00:57

To give them a bit of credit:

Some of the unit designs are very creative and unique. For example, Tank Gen's lightning tanks. Sheer genius, and the design of the weapon looks kind of cool. Like talons gripping a ball. Other things like the Jihad cannon, the Scorpion variants, Flame General's helicopter, and the Chimera just look awesome. I've played Contra, and hate the "balance" if you can even call it that, but I do acknowledge that a lot of the mod's content is imaginative and original.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#27 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:16

Contra gets a 10 on content, but like a 2 on balance, altough remix is slightly better than contra itself. I still love to play contra just for the uniqueness, just to kill AI in more ways than usual. Contra is a "content" mod, I mean, it adds tons of units and all, but for my main mod, I need one with content, quality, and balance, which is SHw.
Posted Image

#28 nova

Femme fatale sith lord of the crystal city planet

• Banned
  • 1231 posts
  • Projects: zhu

Posted 08 June 2007 - 00:18

help i cant get it to work hapl

edit typos me brain dead much to homwwork

Edited by nova, 08 June 2007 - 00:18.

#29 Aviator

Semi-Pro

• 284 posts
  • Projects: Proud member of [Mapper Guild]

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:38

Tried it, played all the factions and such. But most of their units have that missing text part with their names and description. You need to know the units description because you don't know what they do, you espicially need to know this for the laser general otherwise you might chose a tech you don't want and you can't take that decision back.

They also need to fix the AI because there not building any advanced units, just tech 1 stuff. Not to mention about the units picture, that there just ingame shots of the unit. However I do like their units power, my favorite is the helicopter for the flame general, I love blowing everything up with it's missles when fully upgraded. :omfg:

But my heart belongs to Shock Wave for it's balance and such, Yeah Shock Wave!

-Aviator
Posted Image
Want to play a General's Challenge Map in Skirmish mode? Then Click Here!
Posted Image
Vote World in Conflict for game of 2007 here.

#30 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:48

Hmm... good points. :omfg:

#31 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:36

View PostAviator13516, on 8 Jun 2007, 01:38, said:

Tried it, played all the factions and such. But most of their units have that missing text part with their names and description. You need to know the units description because you don't know what they do, you espicially need to know this for the laser general otherwise you might chose a tech you don't want and you can't take that decision back.

They also need to fix the AI because there not building any advanced units, just tech 1 stuff. Not to mention about the units picture, that there just ingame shots of the unit. However I do like their units power, my favorite is the helicopter for the flame general, I love blowing everything up with it's missles when fully upgraded. :)

But my heart belongs to Shock Wave for it's balance and such, Yeah Shock Wave!

-Aviator

About the text Missing thing, are you sure you put the generals.csf in your data/English folder. And about the AI only the Robot General's AI works :omfg:

#32 nova

Femme fatale sith lord of the crystal city planet

• Banned
  • 1231 posts
  • Projects: zhu

Posted 08 June 2007 - 13:07

help i cant play this

#33 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 08 June 2007 - 13:10

View Postnova, on 8 Jun 2007, 13:07, said:

help i cant play this

Install
-------
Unpack the Remix3 Alpha2.29.rar. You will need WinRar if you do not already have it.

The _Remix.big goes in ..\zerohour\Data
The SkermishScripts.scb goes in ..\zerohour\Data\Scripts
The Generals.csf goes in ..\zerohour\Data\English

At this time only english is supported. The Mod can be made to work with other language versions,
but it requires a considerable amount of work. For instructions and help please fisit our forums on Revora.

http://forums.revora...p?showforum=488

Edited by zeke, 08 June 2007 - 13:14.

#34 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 08 June 2007 - 13:17

It will need a balance if that have a balancing, it will be one of the best mods, like Shockwave

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#35 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 15 June 2007 - 00:10

Has any one noticed that the airforce gens Raiper looks a little bit like the X-02 Wyvern from Ace Combat Zero

#36 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:19

Yes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users