The fancy thread.

25 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 23:32

I have taken it that this message board does need a proper place to socialize. We may do it here my good chaps. We shall use proper grammar as "lol" is not proper in society nor in public.

Edited by Hobbes1098, 15 June 2007 - 23:35.

#2 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 00:06

I'm gald that you have finally learned to speak. No excuse me while I flatulate. Indeed, I feel much better now.

Quickedit: This thread is full of flail.

Edited by Solo Wing, 16 June 2007 - 00:06.

#3 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 18:37

wut lolllz ths thraed is liek funy hahaha leik omg ur teh msot funnyest boi evar lollooolllllz :D

Do not blame me for the above, my fellow chaps. By the great plains of Cornwall, I guarantee you, gentlemen, that this sort of reply had to come.
Sooner or later, a person lacking our elaborate class would have posted it. My sole intention was being the first to answer in this way in order to prevent others from ridiculing this topic, as my post was not to be taken seriously. I "disarmed" this proletarian sort of joke, so to say. Now that this daft example of a joke has worn off, we can continue in our chatter. Anyone fancy a scone, good sires?

Edited by Rayburn, 17 June 2007 - 18:41.

#4 tidusjnr

Casual

• 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 16:50

why... a scone would be lovely old chap. how about a nice cup of Earl grey tea as well. pip pip
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 18 June 2007 - 16:58

Yes, although I do say that you seem to have been enjoying taking the fun out of the humour of the proletarians just a tad too much, old chap..... I do hope that you would certainly not use this foul tongue in locations other than our lovely garden retreat, for that just would not do, my good man.

#6 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 17:31

I say all this excitement has made me quite woozy. Why don't we have a nice cup of tea with some crumpets?

Edited by Hobbes1098, 18 June 2007 - 17:32.

#7 tidusjnr

Casual

• 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 17:46

yes that would be lovely old chap. Earl grey, milk, no sugar.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Dr HaxX

Remorseful Assassin

• 1070 posts
  • Projects: Eden Site; Summit Site

Posted 18 June 2007 - 23:40

Y dunt we cmpleetlie egnor grammur and spilling al 2gethur?
Remember me? You old timers?

#9 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 00:42

Thank you kindly sir, but I do not wish to have any scones nor tea. For some inexplicable reason, I find my thoughts are coming to me with an English taint to them. I do not mean this in a despicable manner, but simply that all of this high-toned and fancy to do has thrust upon me a sort of, how do you say, need to sound educated and well read. It is not a complete foreign concept for me to bend the English language into eloquent poses, but it is indeed a rare occassion, especially considering where we all are.
Posted Image

#10 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 00:45

Jolly good show chaps, tally ho

Posted Image

#11 Vaughan

Professional

• 390 posts
  • Projects: Resident Knicker.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 00:46

Jolly good thread here, chap. Although I have to decline your imposition that proper puncuation and grammar are, for the better part, more or less releated to Great Britannican era; as such is not common around here at this current time and age.. So, cheerfully I duly so wish that from henceforth, all that is considered upon the prepresuming that "fancy" is not limited to Great Britannican era.

On a slightly more verminal note;

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance. A vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

~V.
Posted Image

-Tha' rewf iz awn fiyah-

#12 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:16

And that ladies and gentlemen is why our dear friend Vaughan is simply known as "V".
Posted Image

#13 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:27

Now let us sit and talk of good times past

Posted Image

#14 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:47

All of thou's base doth belong to one

Posted Image

#15 tidusjnr

Casual

• 67 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:16

why i do think that i have not put my "Base" up for sale. so i do not think it belongs to you old chap
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:29

i believe one has misunderstood me, kind sir.

I have taken thou base by force, you have not the priviledge of deciding.

Common mistake. You are forgiven

Posted Image

#17 tidusjnr

Casual

• 67 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 14:23

you have not take thou base by force as i am sitting comfortably inside it at the moment old chap. on an unrelated subject... would you like a scone.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 15:13

Why on our fair retreat away from the skullduggery of the plebs and their world, there seems to be a rather disturbing fascination with feeding us scones. Scones my dear sir are restricted to ladies taking tea and scones with jam at the hour of 3 post meridian. For gentlemen do truely enjoy a spot of brandy before the hunt.

Should hunting be adverse to you, i would recommend a walk in the country estates with an entourage containing a falconar to provide us with a rabbit for stewing this fine eve.

Gentlemen i have distressing news, the proles have broken down our first gate, permission to collect my pistol and have a bash at seeing off this darn annoying intrusion?

#19 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 15:15

I do say its hunting season, ready you rifles gentlemen

Posted Image

#20 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 15:23

But mate, Didn't you just threw your rifle into that river because you said its dirty?... Well then, Fight without a gun because you just wasted a perfect and operational rifle. *hunts Warbz*

#21 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 15:26

Chris, on 19 Jun 2007, 11:23, said:

But mate, Didn't you just threw your rifle into that river because you said its dirty?... Well then, Fight without a gun because you just wasted a perfect and operational rifle. *hunts Warbz*

I do say old chaps we have quite a ruffian on our hands.
Writing Thread

#22 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 15:36

calm gentlemen, this can quite readily be solved with a refreshing cup of earls grey and some elegant scones

Posted Image

#23 Vaughan

Professional

• 390 posts
  • Projects: Resident Knicker.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 15:37

I may be old, but I'm not ~That~ old, sir.

~V.
Posted Image

-Tha' rewf iz awn fiyah-

#24 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 17:19

One could be young, but not quite that young. happily my revolver seems to have dirven back the proles.

A game of cricket anyone?

#25 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 19 June 2007 - 17:44

Ah yes, let us play a proper sport now that the plebs have run off in fear of our overwhelming civility.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users