317 replies to this topic

#301 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:46

View PostÜber Leet, on 29 Jan 2008, 17:01, said:

View Post{LP}Admiral-(NL), on 30 Jun 2007, 9:15, said:

There have been discussions about Sonic joining in as a third party character. I wonder....

sonic wld never join such ruyb##bbish

but ive never played it so thats my opinion

stick to what i know

Congratulations, you've just been answering to a post that has been made like half a year ago about a subject matter that is clear by now: Sonic IS in.

Glad to see that Falcon is in. I was sure they wouldn't scrap him, but atleast we know for sure now. Sad thing that Mewtwo had to leave though.
He might have been one of the worse characters but I liked playing him for the fun of it...Hopefully, that roster isn't ceomplete yet.

300th post!

Edited by Rayburn, 30 January 2008 - 09:50.

#302 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 30 January 2008 - 19:13

FALCON PUNCH!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#303 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 19:24

Wolf from StarFox is also in.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#304 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 19:31

Guess that's the missing guy in the roster you showed us then.
Judging by some vids I've seen on Youtube, Falco, Wolf and Fox Final Smashes are all using that tank.
I really hope there's a bit of a difference between them. Didn't they say they wanted to get rid of clone-characters?

Edited by Rayburn, 30 January 2008 - 19:32.

#305 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 19:40

View PostRayburn, on 30 Jan 2008, 20:31, said:

Didn't they say they wanted to get rid of clone-characters?

IIRC that was a rumor, but it will be better at least another metroid character over 2 clones of the same character
Posted Image

#306 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 19:44

Also, the chances of Ridley being playable are pretty much gone now as he appears as a boss-character in The Subspace Emissary.

#307 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts
  • Projects: shockwave,rise of the reds

Posted 30 January 2008 - 21:02

I may be denial i may be wrong but i think those vids and stuff are from beta of the December 2nd beta ssb and not of the one that will release tomorrow becuase I'm PO about the lack of new original characters besides rob in the secret character leaks and the lack of mewtwo whos was a original character with his own moveset

I mean 2 different versions of fox ;) and no new metroid rep its nightmare no zero suit samus doesn't count as that still samus metroid pop > starfox pop

#308 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 21:36

View PostRayburn, on 30 Jan 2008, 20:31, said:

Guess that's the missing guy in the roster you showed us then.
Judging by some vids I've seen on Youtube, Falco, Wolf and Fox Final Smashes are all using that tank.
I really hope there's a bit of a difference between them. Didn't they say they wanted to get rid of clone-characters?

Wolf uses the Landmaster? I thought he was one of the bad guys.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#309 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 21:42

Okay, the Brawl website has been changed since the release of the game itself yesterday, in Japan.

Now the website serves as a spoiler website, revealing hidden things over time, and also hints on how to play the game better.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#310 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 18:07

Okay, I played the game an hour ago. My mate got the Japanese version and despite the fact that we understood bugger all of the text, the game is fucking awesome. The four of us played Multiplayer all the time and it was really sweet.

Snake is hard to get used to but pretty cool. He has a great repertoire of ranged attacks and his Special-Up offers awesome horizontal recovery with good speed. Dedede feels heavier and more cumbersome than Bowser but he's very powerful. Throwing Waddle-Doos around the place is fun and the Special-Up offers good horizontal recovery along with an attack similar to Bowser's Special-Down. Ike kicks massive arse all around, Lucario feels like a Mewtwo who changed his jumping skills for speed. The Pokemon-Trainer does have potential but it's a bit tricky to make best use of the 3 different Pokemon. Pit and Metaknight can fly and have some decent attacking skills. Captain Olimar is either bad or only good when played by a pro. His style is really odd. The classic characters are pretty much the same as in Melee, Dr.Mario, Pichu, Roy and Mewtwo are goners.

Edited by Rayburn, 03 February 2008 - 18:09.

#311 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:00

mewtwo shouldn't have been removed :/ I realy want to play darn them for delaying the american version even if I am disappointed in the roster

a treat the music of super smash bros and its top notch for sure
http://forums.ffshri...ead.php?t=49628

#312 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:43

Too bad I don't have Wii and also money.

#313 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:52

http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/17391 all the taunts awesomeness I lol'd at Luigi xD

#314 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 22:22

I just had the great honor to play this game at a anime and Japaneses convention and I must say its the funnest game I've played in 3 or 2 years and from the looks of things its well balanced its blast to play multiplayer with and I was undefeated on it as well and had adrenaline rush from playing it If this does not win any awards I will think they were rigged

I will most likely be maining Kirby as accordance with my own play style can't wait till its released next month also you can ask me question all tho some i may not be able to answer due to my limited play time

Edited by cryptkeeper, 10 February 2008 - 23:20.

#315 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:36

I'm somewhat surprised Krystal didn't make it in. She has far more chance for variety than Wolf. (She could have something like the Sheik/Zelda or Power Suit/Zero Suit Samus combinations)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#316 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 21:34

I wonder when they decided to turn Luigi into a mindfuck. But I'm not complaining.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#317 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 12 February 2008 - 22:33

BOOXXXX ATTTTACCCCKKK

#318 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:10

Luigi's final smash name is the negative zone xD