Masturbation

28 replies to this topic

#1 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:07

Why is it frowned upon? From what I've researched, there are only benefits that can typically come in handy in many applicable and common scenarios. For instance: before a competitive sports game, or just prior to a mathematics test.

So what is it that makes it so wrong to talk about, and why do so many feel guilty about it? If it is for the betterment of an upcoming task, why refrain? In all honesty, I cannot see the shame in it and have no issue performing such an action when in my own privacy, why? Because it lightens the mood, relieves stress, among other benefits. I just don't get why it is so taboo.

#2 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:36

Sorry about the figurative speech but I can't make myself speak in another way.

I see masturbation like a safety device, like a ceiling sprinkler system to put out fires. It's better used for emergencies because if it's on all the time the place will be flooded. There's absolutely nothing wrong with masturbating as long it's not taking over any aspect of your life. We guys have urges and sometimes they can be harmful if we just let them build up. It's not any different from being angered and break/throw/punch something to vent.

The harsh reality is that your parents, family and even your religion might be against it. But truth be told, all these people are at least adults or married. They have far superior access to the real good stuff. However when they were young they all masturbated, possibly even more than you have. They can say you should direct your feelings into something more productive/moral but sexual satisfaction is a primal human need that can't really be replaced almost in the same tier as thirst and hunger. Everything else is secondary.
Posted Image

#3 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:52

my religon frowns apon it yes. but my religon also says that humans by nature are never perfect so... meh
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#4 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:02

Couldn't have put it any better, Overdose. That's exactly the issue.

I guess the reason it's "taboo" as you say... is because it might seem that, if you've done it once, then you do it all the time. As in, whenever you can. That makes you appear perverted or something... Maybe even appear to be a weak character because you can't get actual sex.

I, myself, am different to most other people here that I know. They actively pursue sex at every opportunity whereas I do not... If I was to say "I could jerk off instead..." That would be frowned upon by these people (who comprise the majority, sadly) due to the reasons I've stated.

This is just my theory on the subject... I'm not sure if that's really the reason... But AFAIK, most people just decide that if someone masturbates, they are a 'wanker' or something else. They basically just get heckled for it. I even doubt most of the hecklers would know the reason they put this person down... But I think it's because they subconsciously view that person as sexually-frustrated.
Posted Image

#5 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:18

It is perfectly normal.
Its good for your Body and like the others said before, it pushes Stress away.

Most has been said here where I can only agree. Only one thing:

Nothing against Masturbation.Its Sex wich I have with somebody I love.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#6 Dimanti San

'The' texture error guy :p

• 808 posts
  • Projects: Mapper Guild, ShW Mapping, Concept drawings and other stuff I've probably forgotten :p

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:25

View PostE.V.E., on 2 Jul 2007, 12:18, said:

Nothing against Masturbation.Its Sex wich I have with somebody I love.

- E.V.E.

That's a really cool thing to quote :loels: LOL
Posted Image
Click my Mapper Guild Sig to link to the MG forum; the place to download maps or show your own work
Posted Image
Signature removed for explicit content - Nuker edit <LOL

#7 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:05

The reason that masturbation (and sex in general) is taboo in the so-called "Western world" (when in fact almost all of Europe lies on the eastern hemisphere :loels:) is because of the centuries-long grip Christianity has exerted on "our" culture. Before, in ancient Greece or Rome or Babylon, sex was just another factor of life, like food, sleep and work. Hell, ancient Greece has got to be one of the most bonobo-like cultures mankind has ever known, prostution was relatively common, statues of gods with erect penises were placed all over the landscape and pederasty was almost a social obligation. In Babylon, women were obliged by law to go to a temple in another city once a year and have sex with a stranger for the symbolic price of one coin.

But then the Roman Empire was run by Christians, and, well..... Dark Ages, anyone?

edit: Not that I have anything against Christians or Christianity per se, mind you.

Edited by Strategia, 02 July 2007 - 12:06.

#8 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:40

i use that before sleep
but is normal in the humans so nothing weird.
@E.V.E. LOL

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#9 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 13:35

"Please, no immaturity."

I would like to reiterate what Solo Wing put in the topic title and, if need be, enforce it if you're going to "have a laugh" and add nothing constructive to the discussion in this topic.

Masturbation relieves sexual tension but it is not something one should over-indulge in or deny oneself of altogether despite what it says in Holy Books. It allows you to gain insight into how your body works and attain a level of self-control which is crucial for whenever the "big moment" arises. When you make love to a woman you will want to be able to give her gratification as well as yourself and you won't be able to do that if you have no sense of self-control knowing when you're about to ejaculate.

Metaphorically speaking it is good to stay in practice with the AI before the big PvP games.

#10 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 02 July 2007 - 15:03

i agree with stinger...

quote:
Metaphorically speaking it is good to stay in practice with the AI before the big PvP games.
quote:

this made me lol
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#11 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 15:18

Masturbation isn't only a completely natural aspect of human sexuality, it's healthy too.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#12 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 17:25

I am one of these persons who yells : ' Patience until you marry '

#13 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 17:31

Why should one have to suffer bouts of sexual tension and all associated issues when it can be relieved in a simple and private manner? The benefits of such an action far outweigh the entire lack of negativite outcomes associated.

For instance, if I am to have a lot of built up stress prior to a very important event that isn't marriage, why should I wait till I marry when said event is like, in an hour? Patience only goes so far and only is a virtue under certain circumstances. Because, as has been said, masturbation is not only about sexual tension, but all sorts of other issues, and this includes boosting the immune system from what I read. :-\

#14 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 17:45

It's ok so long as you don't make it an obsession. Compare it to your post count if you will and theres a problem but every once in a while and it's not an issue!!!

Edited by Wizardofnoz, 02 July 2007 - 17:45.

#15 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 18:03

What if you're a really stressed out person?

#16 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 02 July 2007 - 22:24

At a certain age before virginity (and in some cases even more AFTER) masturbation can be a part of a man's daily habit. There's nothing wrong with masturbating the amount of stress you may have. However, if you start to think it's time to move on to the real thing in a more active manner, your energy should be redirected almost fully to that. Point is, masturbate as often as you wish as long it's not holding you back when you could be trying to have sex instead.

Edit #2: Some people may think this is weird but masturbation can be more moral and healthier than actual sex in some cases. I think we've all gone through one night stands at some periods of our life and I'm sure there's 2 or 3 you actually regret having. The old feared scenario of two people get drunk and have unprotected sex and which end up in pregancy or STDs is really something to think about and try to avoid.

Edit #3: I thought you meant stress as pent up sexual energy not real stress. Masturbation isn't a very good way to deal with that, there's far more effective methods elsewhere. Though which depend on the person, if you having a hard time discovering those I recommend seeing a therapist or at least a doctor.

Edited by Overdose, 02 July 2007 - 22:46.

Posted Image

#17 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 22:32

What if you're a really stressed out person?

Then see someone one about it, shrink or doctor. Your old fella isn't there for that.
It can be helpful to help you releave tension but your should find other ways to do it to. For example long walk etc.
Most people masturbate, not for stress reasons, it's cause they are as horny as dog in heat.

Edited by Wizardofnoz, 02 July 2007 - 22:32.

#18 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:43

View PostOverdose, on 3 Jul 2007, 0:24, said:

I think we've all gone through one night stands at some periods of our life and I'm sure there's 2 or 3 you actually regret having. The old feared scenario of two people get drunk and have unprotected sex and which end up in pregancy or STDs is really something to think about and try to avoid.
I'd sincerely have an even lesser positive view of society if that was the case.

#19 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:08

It certainly is the case here in Australia, Blaat. Almost every weekend there's a party... People get together. It's called "Hooking up". However, sometimes, they go the whole way that night. It happens.
Posted Image

#20 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 15:51

Why see a shrink prior to taking final exams as opposed to quickly "making myself feel good" for no price to me at all? Masturbation does, after all, carry with it more benefits than releasing sexual tension, so...

#21 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 03 July 2007 - 21:18

I'll see if I can take something from "funky monks" that links creativity with masturbation.
Maybe it will add to the topic.

#22 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:24

When you have a "sexual" Arousal...It's better to wank off in your private room instead of raping someone..

Wanking (or Masturbating) Is completely natural, Theres nothing wrong with masturbating and reading the wiki article There a few studies that masturbating is really beneficial to your own body.

*leaves thread and wanks off so he could go to sleep :read: *

#23 Vyron

Regular

• 161 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:24

View PostBlaat85, on 3 Jul 2007, 0:43, said:

View PostOverdose, on 3 Jul 2007, 0:24, said:

I think we've all gone through one night stands at some periods of our life and I'm sure there's 2 or 3 you actually regret having. The old feared scenario of two people get drunk and have unprotected sex and which end up in pregancy or STDs is really something to think about and try to avoid.
I'd sincerely have an even lesser positive view of society if that was the case.
Are you refering to so few people regret having one night stands or that people actually regret having one night stands?

Edited by Vyron, 04 July 2007 - 10:25.

#24 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:38

I'm referring to the fact that there are so many people who'd actually even consider having sex one time with a strange person they don't even know and care for. And yes that so few regret having done it. I believe sex should be something beautiful between two people who greatly care for each other and love each other. Not something someone would do with any random stranger they don't care about.

#25 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 16:27

Most members of my society accept masturbation openly, even a few females. Though I can't tell whether my mom would feel the same.
Though all of my male friends openly admitt to masturbation, it isn't a topic we really discuss regularly.
As for me, I can honestly say I don't gain much from it, and I found that difficult to admitt to my friends. I hardly feel the need to and only get the odd urge, I don't find many things arousing, unless its human contact. I can't get anything out of looking at naked women on the internet, it has to be happening with me. (yeah, my friday nights are great with my girlfriend :read: )

Edited by nidmeister, 04 July 2007 - 16:27.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users