AC6 Squadron Recruitment

96 replies to this topic

#1 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 22:01

Hey people,

Solo Wing and I are planning to make our own clan for Ace Combat 6 when it comes out. I wanted to know if people are interrested in joining such clan. We are looking for 16 players who preferably have experience with Ace Combat, and airplanes.

The squadron will be named Olympus. You basicly fly in groups of two, meaning you will have to cover eachother. Each group is named after one of the gods. Solo Wing and I are Zeus 1 and Zeus 2.

We havent decided on a airplane for the squadron yet, so suggestion are welcome.

Regards,

Crazykenny

Edited by Crazykenny, 02 July 2007 - 22:01.

Posted Image

#2 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 22:47

wll what about the F/14 Supertomcat?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#3 MentalAss

Death Before Dishonour!

• 965 posts
  • Projects: Warboss Nooka's personal Wartrukk.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 00:18

The one time I have dial up, you two pull this stunt on me. Why not send me to Hell and torture me there, it would less painful.

If I do apply and join, will I be required to be online at a moments notice? I have a friend with cable but I doubt his parents, or him for the matter, will appreciate me just waltzing over whenever.

I have Ace rank experience and have seen combat from Electrosphere to The Belkan War. I am a battle hardened champion McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle and Fairchild Republic A-10A Thunderbolt 2 pilot with well over 1500 hours flight time in each. I was the lead test pilot for the McDonnell Douglas - Northrop A.T.F. venture that resulted in the YF-23 Blackwidow 2 and clocked in 435 hours. Have extensive knowledge in all aircraft and have piloted numerous enemy aircraft particularly the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker 'C' and the Mikoyan Guervich MiG-31 Foxhound 'A'.

My nickname is A10Maniac and prefered callsign is Ares 1.

#4 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 03 July 2007 - 00:21

I'll try to get an X-Box now. AC is one of the only games I'm awesome at and I'll wanna show off my skillz. :)

Dont decide on a plane untill you try them all out but if I had to choose now I would choose the SU-37 or SU-47

Edited by iron_golem, 03 July 2007 - 00:23.

#5 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:48

Me n' Kenny gonna do a lot of bickering over the Terminator vs. the Raptor I'll tell you that much.

We want 24 members in total. Divisions (Poseidon, Apollo, Aphrodite, etc) will be directed seperately unless stated otherwise. I want to see a properly structured chain of command in the end, with exactly 24 members, so if there is a 16 on 16, chances are that we will be able ot occupy that match at all times.

This is hoping that the online play allows clan support. If not, it will still go down in some other clan war type website like GameBattles. So no matter what, this thing will function.

If you want to be in a specific division, well then its a first come, first serve thing. So if Aphrodite is filled, you ain't gonna be Aphrodite.

What I aim for is that divisions will work amongs themselves and together to strategically take down enemies, as opposed to lone-wolf fighting. Therefore we want the elites, but also team players. KapeesH?

#6 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:59

How about letting both the Terminator and the F-22 Raptor in. My side of the squadron fly's Su-37's and your side fly's F-22's. What do you think of that?

Edited by Crazykenny, 03 July 2007 - 10:00.

Posted Image

#7 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 03 July 2007 - 17:30

I would be interested in joining this, but sadly I've only played 5 and on easy(yeah I suck) and I don't have a 360 either, but I wish you all Good Luck with this and wish you many victories.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#8 Medve

I thought it's a box

• 567 posts
  • Projects: Cnc: Untitled

Posted 03 July 2007 - 20:38

I have the same problem: no XBox (dial up connection), but I do have some flight experience(real life and simulator). But I will be with the clan in mind.

Medve
Posted Image

#9 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 20:45

Try getting a Xbox360 then! ;)
Posted Image

#10 Medve

I thought it's a box

• 567 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 20:54

Don't worry, I will. But sadly I wan't to get it halfly paid by my parents, so I will have one on my birthday(13.September). But I may be able to get it sooner. I'm very fired up about flying now. I take pilot lessons at the airport, and I'm also a member of the "flying club".

Medve
Posted Image

#11 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 21:11

I'm fairly certain the release is in october so...

I need to get a 360 and am quite certain I'll have one in time so...

#12 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 21:16

Common people it took me 6 months to get a 360, without a job...
Posted Image

#13 Medve

I thought it's a box

• 567 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 21:22

Ouch. But maybe I will be able to do it in 3-4 months. I'm counting on my birthday. And also my connection is 1/2 solved. It is ordered but I live in a village near a city and it takes a lot(very lot) of time for them to make it operational.

Medve
Posted Image

#14 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:13

View PostMentalAss, on 2 Jul 2007, 20:18, said:

The one time I have dial up, you two pull this stunt on me. Why not send me to Hell and torture me there, it would less painful.

If I do apply and join, will I be required to be online at a moments notice? I have a friend with cable but I doubt his parents, or him for the matter, will appreciate me just waltzing over whenever.

I have Ace rank experience and have seen combat from Electrosphere to The Belkan War. I am a battle hardened champion McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle and Fairchild Republic A-10A Thunderbolt 2 pilot with well over 1500 hours flight time in each. I was the lead test pilot for the McDonnell Douglas - Northrop A.T.F. venture that resulted in the YF-23 Blackwidow 2 and clocked in 435 hours. Have extensive knowledge in all aircraft and have piloted numerous enemy aircraft particularly the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker 'C' and the Mikoyan Guervich MiG-31 Foxhound 'A'.

My nickname is A10Maniac and prefered callsign is Ares 1.

If you guys deny Mental from joining, I have a strong feeling you'll regret that decision. I also felt some of you might want a second look at his qualifications.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#15 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:25

Holy Hell I read over that somehow.

So wait, I'm confused, did you actually pilot all that? Or do that in game? Because the way you lead from the games to what seems a lot more real is rather awkward.

Anyway, you sound like the type to be most desired as a combatant in the clan, and as much as I've played AC over the years, you sound like you could eat me alive. =(

Anyway, Nuker, where would you get the notion that we would deny him the entrance?

#16 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:37

Just the simple fact that neither you, nor Kenny had said anything about him being accepted.

Also, I know he meant to write his application that way. It keeps up appearances and makes him look more professional, even if it is just for a game.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#17 MentalAss

Death Before Dishonour!

• 965 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:02

I wish I have, but what Nuker stated is true, I wanted to actually sound professional, since clans are that. I doubt I could beat you Chris, although don't underestimate me in an F-15C or MiG-31. I do wish on joining the best, and get my McDogfight on.

However, due to the insane proximity I had with the F-15C and the A-10A and in-depth discussions with the pilots throughout the years at the Malta International Airshow, I feel as if I can fly them with ease in real life.

#18 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:11

Give me a fighter or multi-role aircraft and I will be likley to get you (as long it isnt a me in F-5 and you in a ADF-01).

Try to hit me with a missile while im in a MiG-31 I dare you ;)

Then try to beat my long-range missile and normal combo. (secret stratigy)

@Mental: we should fight some time after i buy or steal an X-Box360
@Soul: If you cannot be hit, then you cannot die. so if your not dead then you cannot lose

Edited by iron_golem, 04 July 2007 - 05:19.

#19 MentalAss

Death Before Dishonour!

• 965 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:19

I've taken on everything, including Morgans and Falkens, in F-5s and MiG-21 Bis'. It's not really a challenge once you get to know the aircraft's operation envelope. What I dare you to do is 'hover' vertically in a MiG-31 next to a skyscraper to avoid a Morgan's burst missile. Fun times, fun times.

Edited by MentalAss, 04 July 2007 - 05:20.

#20 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:42

I like to work efficantly, use my aircrafts stregnths.

By hover do you mean pointing the nose up and have the right thrust cause i am 78.293% sure it will stall.;)

#21 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:45

Then it sounds like we are all on the same level here. Anyway, I figured that's how you wrote your application MentalAss, but I had to be sure.

Personally, I've done a whole 48 hours in F-18 Cockpit Simulators at this one camp I went to. We did some bigass dogfights and then had a top-gun style competition of 1v1. I came out on top and got a medal and pin for it (the pin I promptly stuck on my military fatigue jacket).

So I think it will be nice to go up against yall on a 360...

#22 MentalAss

Death Before Dishonour!

• 965 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:23

It was too tempting, I had to write it in that style. ;) Good job on scoring kills in the Hornet! Did you get to go up against some battle hardened pilots?

I plan on making a stay in AC6. I'm sure we will trade armaments along the way.

View Postiron_golem, on 4 Jul 2007, 1:42, said:

I like to work efficantly, use my aircrafts stregnths.

By hover do you mean pointing the nose up and have the right thrust cause i am 78.293% sure it will stall.:P

Actually, you can boost that percentage to 100. It will stall, but if you may recall, the MiG-31 is the fastest accelerating aircraft in Ace Combat so use that to your advantage. Just before it stalls you will hear the all to familiar stall warning, that is your cue to juggle between the throttle and air brake allowing you to essentially hover in place. Try it some time, you won't regret it! A word of warning though, this manouver will put a strain on your controllers dual shock mechanism.

#23 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:36

Ill disable it then ;)

#24 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:30

i'd apply, but: no xbox 360. i am best with an A10 thunderbolt. (either variation of them in AC5) i beat Ace mode with that plane alone, losing on the 2nd to last mission once.
edit- havent gotten around to doing such on AC0

Edited by ultra1437, 05 July 2007 - 03:33.

R.I.P. Luyo, I will never forget you.

#25 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:37

Try to do the 3'rd last mission on ace in the A-10 on Zero. It's fun, trust me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users