What is with women today?

3 replies to this topic

#1 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:47

This is an article I wrote for an English assignment.

[Special note] Have a close look at who gets a mention in the article.

I'm posting on here to express a point of view and for commenting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is with women today?
A look at how they changed for better… and for worse.

Honestly, when you look back at how young women were back in the 50s, it’s hard to draw a similarity between them and the young ladies of today. Are they even the same species anymore?
Here in Australia, our girls are a little more “wild at heart”, says social analyst Nigel Uker, Head of the Evolution Study Institute in Perth. In a recent report by Uker, he wrote that “Australian women, particularly young women, seem to simply want to live life and don’t really have any serious aspirations.”

This is not to say that they are completely aimless. There are the special ones that actually want to achieve a specific goal in their lifetime. Sadly, there are many that believe that it is entirely possible for them to just stumble through school, maybe with decent marks, and then get married without ever having to get a job or work at all.

However, I don’t wish to completely crush their dreams. They aren’t totally unrealistic, after all. The problem is that it leaves them with little to support them if it doesn’t work out as they plan. Is it really possible for every girl to finish school and marry a promising and financially secure man when they leave school? I hardly think all of them can achieve this. Some might, but not all.

Uker’s report is open to interpretation, though. What does he really mean by “live life”? Well, let’s look at that. It can mean a great many things. After all, what is “life”? Is it a good education and future career? Is it achieving some kind of ambition? Is it simply subsisting and then passing on? What is “life” in this sense? Well, I think, in this case, it refers to the combination of experiences that one would have in their lifetime. Of course, that means trying anything and everything. Doesn’t sound too bad, does it? Plainly, it doesn’t sound like a bad thing. That is, until you actually think about it.

Drinks, drugs, parties and sex. What we would have associated with the ‘bad influence’ of the rock-and-roll lifestyle not too long ago, has since turned into the ideal lifestyle of today’s teens. Why? Because it pulls you to the top of the social order at your school. It’s what makes you popular. Sure, it’s only superficial. But, it’s power, and everyone wants that.
So how does this apply to our young ladies?

Well, in some girls (though, not all) I’ve seen them turn themselves into, essentially, sex objects for the male population. Only to be discarded again when they appear to have been overused. You know, it’s probably an innocence thing. Because they don’t have that anymore when the guys throw them away. But then, if they are doing all this because of the guys, then is it really their fault? Can we really blame the girls for this?

After all, they aren’t labelling themselves as sluts. Every girl wants to be attractive, but not trashy. So who is giving them that label? To answer this question, we must look to the guys.
Now, there are a lot of guys out there that are only looking to ‘score’. Sometimes they are only a small population. Other times, they can comprise the entire male group. They are most prevalent in high schools today.

Perhaps these kinds of guys are putting the pressure on young ladies. Because if the guys want to ‘get some’ then they will certainly prefer girls who are willing to oblige. In a sense, the girls are conforming to the needs or wants of the guys around them in order to be accepted. But, why is that?

Why is it that our young women today seem to think that the more skin they show when they dress up, the better they look? Why do they seem to think that they need to let a guy have their way with them to get a boyfriend? Is it really worth all that?

Again, I don’t think all young women are like this. There are the rare gems that are above all this. They raise themselves. They have goals. They have aspirations. Moreover, they carry themselves with dignity and self-respect.

So, here’s to them. The thinkers and the dreamers. The beautifully sophisticated. Ones who are prime examples of the kinds of role models young women today should follow.

Edited by CoLT, 30 August 2007 - 02:50.

Posted Image

#2 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 01 September 2007 - 20:28

The dumb ones have become even dumber and the smart ones are getting super smart (But decreasing in number). and the ones that are averages are a rare species.

Just a few weeks ago i went to a party and ended up conversing with a 35 year old lady over international trade rather then ass grinding with girls of my age. I know a few brilliant women in my life but they are far and few but the breed of dumbtards are growing exponentially. I so wish to get in my 30s so i can enjoy the company of the more sofisticated kind rather then the party scene wannabes.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#3 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 21:50

There's female and male idiots and there are many of them. The culture and media have a large influence in this. It was already a bit like that years ago but it does seem that the culture nowadays is different from back then. The culture and the media make people believe women should be seen as sex objects which I think is absolutely BS.

I believe it would be very good to change it but that's not going to happen with one person. In my country there are already a bit of changes going on and a manifest about this has been signed by over 7000 people (including me). Most of the site is in Dutch though there is a translation of the manifest if you'd be interested.

Over the past years I've come to believe I'm nothing like the average girl and definitely not like the average idiot. I can only hope you find someone that stands up to the culture and media at the points where they cross his/her own principles, rather than starting to doubt their own principles going along with what the media tells the people.

#4 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:55

That's quite an interesting story, Pimp. I also enjoy a good conversation someone more than most other things. It just seems more meaningful and the other person seems like a better person if you can have a good conversation with them.

I quite agree with you on that, Blaat, some girls today seem to idolise the people they see in magazines and on TV. They try to look like Paris Hilton (amongst others) and end up being like said celebrity (drugs, sex, etc.).

Of course, not everyone is the same, obviously, but it is still sad that there are so many who pursue such pointless lifestyles. Sure, they may think it's fun and there's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, but they still need to have some kind of sophistication about them. I just have little respect for those that insist on carrying themselves in such a trashy manner.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users