C&C3 Kane's Wrath Presentation

14 replies to this topic

#1 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 23:18

Here is Kane's Wrath Presentation in Leipzig Games Convention. Including new units and some more.
See yourself.

Part 1
Part 2

#2 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 31 August 2007 - 00:07

Sweet stuff, I just wish it was better quality so I could see those units better.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#3 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 00:48

Battlecast Primetime Episode 2 will come later this September. There are lots of imformatiom about
Kane's Wrath.

#4 Teron

Absinth drinker

• 938 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:26

*LOL*
I see the backside of my head ^^
"It's not the cards you have, it's how you play them!" - Gambit (X-Men)

#5 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:40

You were in the crowd there Teron, cool that explains how you got that info.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#6 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:42

Some interesting stuff there, shame that the quality couldn't be better. I guess we'll get some high-res footage of this soon though...
Man, that German guy who did the hosting was annoying as fuck...

Edited by Rayburn, 31 August 2007 - 05:42.

#7 Teron

Absinth drinker

• 938 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:48

View PostRayburn, on 31 Aug 2007, 7:42, said:

Some interesting stuff there, shame that the quality couldn't be better. I guess we'll get some high-res footage of this soon though...
Man, that German guy who did the hosting was annoying as fuck...

Ha, I thought the same. He even doesn't translate the whole thing, only about half of the given info.

#8 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 31 August 2007 - 14:31

Wow. They really want to get this one right, it will be released next year in the early spring. Good on them

List of what I gathered

GDI:
Sonic weapon upgrade for the Orca
Sonic tank
Hammerhead helo (Garrisonable with one squad)
New Support Power (Like a rods from god)

NOD:
Cyborg (Machine gun on arm, EMP cannon attached to other. Similar effect to Raider buggy. Anti-Infantry)
Spectre Artillery (Stealthed, Pit bull like mortar. Makes a good sneak attack don't you think)
Shadow team special ability (Can plant Artillery Beacon anywhere on the map, Works as a spotter for Artillery)
Reckoner (Nod APC. Has two garrison slots, deploys into bunker: One time use only. Upgrades with dozer blades)

In expansion they will tell us what happened to CABAL after Tiberium Sun.

Edited by iron_golem, 31 August 2007 - 15:03.

#9 Teron

Absinth drinker

• 938 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 18:25

@Iron Golem
Yeah, just as I told you here before :dope:

Edited by Teron, 31 August 2007 - 18:26.

#10 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:03

Well.....
Great now I look stupid. :P

BTW, where were you in the vid

#11 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:21

View PostTeron, on 30 Aug 2007, 21:26, said:

*LOL*
I see the backside of my head ^^

Does this answer your question?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:53

Yeah but WHERE (As in location)

#13 Dr HaxX

Remorseful Assassin

• 1070 posts
  • Projects: Eden Site; Summit Site

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:33

Here kids, this should help. Very specific list from IGN.com (part of a three page first look found HERE )

Nod Updates

New Units

The Awakened: These are the cyborg remnants of CABAL's former army that have risen to assist Kane in the Third Tiberium War. These guys have a welded machinegun on their left arm that is excellent for taking down infantry. While mostly used as anti-infantry troopers, the Awakened also come with a welded EMP cannon on their right arm, which is very effective in knocking out vehicles for other units to wipe up such as theā€¦

Specter: New stealth artillery that fits well into Nod's style of play. The Specter can tail other units around the battlefield or hide themselves in a corner just waiting for the perfect moment to strike. With the help of the EMP cannon from the Awakened, they can take out a group of enemy armor units easily. They also can fire over longer distances with the help of the new Shadow Infantry ability called Artillery Beacon that sets a target that the artillery can barrage the radius around that beacon from afar. Sneaky sneaky!

Reckoner: This armored personnel carrier is a heavily armored troop carrier used for transporting infantry into defended areas with smaller risk of death. While the Reckoner is moving, units inside can't shoot out of it, but if you use the one time ability to deploy it, it turns into a bunker (and gets an extra garrison slot) and any troops inside can begin attacking everything around them with impunity until that hefty bunker is taken down.

Other Upgrades

Also mentioned were extra laser upgrades for the cyborgs to give them even greater power on the battlefield along with a sub-faction only unit that acts much like the Black Hand but uses liquid tiberium instead.

GDI Updates

New Units

Hammerhead: New flying unit for the GDI that doesn't require constant re-loading with ammo back at the air field. This one never needs to reload the twin auto cannons that can rain hell down on infantry. However, it's still fairly defenseless against anti-air units and can only hit ground targets. Hammerheads also have one garrison slot, which is especially important because whatever infantry unit is garrisoned inside will be able to fire as well. Pile in some Zone Troopers or grenade troopers and you'll have one hell of an attack force in the sky that can be deployed to the ground if need be.

Slingshot: This guy fills a much needed deficiency in the GDI's line-up, which is vulnerability vs. aircraft. While they have pretty decent planes, they also require re-armament just like the Orcas. The Slingshots will fill that role nicely as they're a fast ground based lightly armored anti-air hovercraft that can destroy air forces pretty easily if protected from ground troops.

Shatterer: This mobile sonic emitter is another hover tank that has taken the sonic emitter turret from C&C 3 and strapped it onto a mobile platform which becomes a very strong siege weapon. Because these tanks can hit multiple targets, micromanagers should be able to be very successful maneuvering units to get the greatest impact.

Modified units

Zone Raider: Comes with shoulder mounted anti-air rockets. She's great for defending against air attacks though that weapon isn't particularly terrific for full on attacks. The Raider shown in the demo was also upgraded with a new toy called the sonic cannon which fires a shell that explodes in an area effect, which is pretty slick at clearing out clumped units. When combined with the ground-only Zone Troopers, they're a pair to be reckoned with. Even so, good anti-infantry troops like the Black Hand will still have a decided advantage over the Zone Raiders and Troopers.

Other Upgrades

We were also told that Orcas will be able to upgrade with sonic launchers of the Zone Raider, though this particular upgrade will be tied to one of the specific sub-factions. Being able to fly in and spam a much larger area with sonic shells is a pretty nice thought though.

New Powers

GDI also gets a new orbital strike that essentially launches large slugs from space that will be available in the late game for the GDI. It causes a great amount of damage to a pretty large area and is another power that reinforces the fiction that GDI has control of orbital space around Earth.

Scrin Updates

Unfortunately, we didn't really get a chance to see any of the new Scrin units in action. Our only glimpse was in a quick video that showed the design for the Ravager and Mechapede units. We heard it slip that the Mechapedes would be highly customizable unit, but that's all we can tell you for now, though we're pretty stoked about the idea of a mechanical centipede of death.

Edited by Match, 01 September 2007 - 05:36.

Remember me? You old timers?

#14 Teron

Absinth drinker

• 938 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 13:34

View Postiron_golem, on 1 Sep 2007, 6:53, said:

Yeah but WHERE (As in location)

Take a look at the first vid. When the trailer starts and those lights flash (at about 0:40 - 0:52) you see my head at the upper right side with my (white) neck. Not to say: The big head :P I was nearly the oldest around there.

#15 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 14:52

LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users