Preachers...

60 replies to this topic

#51 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts
  • Projects: Co-Leader of Zero Hour:Unleashed

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:17

True. I read an article about that. Science and religion can co-exist.

~Redeemer
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig and avatar, 'Dr.

#52 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:14

Issac Newton was religious because if he wasn't he'd be tried as a heretic! It was the late 1600's people didn't have a choice!

In the last 200 years the country had butchered itself to pieces about religion, do you think denying it exists would have gone down well. If you're going to pin religion on a scientist, at least use one who had a choice, Einstein, (who's God doesn't resemble the Jewish one). Or countless others!

#53 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 21:24

Well, here's my question. Why is the teaching of evolution mandated when the teaching of creationism isn't? Nobody knows for certain either way and there is evidence to support both.

#54 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 21:31

The law?

~Redeemer
Posted Image

#55 Staff Srg. Max Fightmaster

Visitor

• 42 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 23:37

Oh... well, i just needed an example. Although Newton did use math to predict Armageddon, which is apparently about a year away or something. :P

Edited by Staff Srg. Max Fightmaster, 09 November 2007 - 23:38.

#56 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:35

Really?

~Redeemer
Posted Image

#57 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:45

That would suck.

#58 Staff Srg. Max Fightmaster

Visitor

• 42 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:08

Well, you should probably look it up, but it was either already supposed to have happened or its supposed to happen soon.

#59 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:10

2060 I read quickly through google. Bah. I'll be too old to care by then anyway.

#60 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:07

Evolution is a theory based on evidence than can be reproduced through the globe, the (Catholic, Christian, Jewish and Islamic) creationist atittude is all derrived from the same source, and any other creationist text is full of huge differences.

Biody if two people independantly give you a piece of information, say me and someone you know at home, inform you that the price of bacon is rising, you'll believe it but if between me telling you and him telling you, i'd phoned your friend to tell him the price of bacon is rising, it seems that the information is now far more questionable.

#61 Crush3r

Veteran

• 438 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 13:31

View PostBoidy, on 10 Nov 2007, 8:10, said:

2060 I read quickly through google. Bah. I'll be too old to care by then anyway.

He just applied some math to what is written in the Bible, others before him have done the same, and the results were inconsistent. In actuality the end of the world is a mistranslation for the end of the age/aeon, which will be around 2150, when the Sun will rise in Aquarius as opposed to Pisces (as it has done since 1 AD); during the winter solstice AFAIK. This is due to precesion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users