[x Players][ZH] Missions converted to skirmish maps

No replies to this topic

#1 Aviator

Semi-Pro

• 284 posts
  • Projects: Proud member of [Mapper Guild]

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:42

As one project ended another one begins. Here I will be placing mission maps from ZH to be played for multiplayer use. So to start out with, the download for China mission 1 will be placed below the report for the map. The map has working AI and it does a pretty good job. Has lots of tech goodies, most of them are bunkers. It has one war fortress in the middle left of the map. Some supply crates here and there, be sure to get them before the opponent. Replaced the abondoned base in the bottom with a reinforcement pad and a hospital. End of Report.

China1: Attached File  Coburg.zip (279.54K)
Number of downloads: 10
China2: Attached File  Defend_The_Fire.zip (324.45K)
Number of downloads: 8
China3: Attached File  Stuttgart.zip (457.93K)
Number of downloads: 12
China4: Attached File  Halberstadt.zip (373.53K)
Number of downloads: 9
China5: Attached File  Hamburg.zip (379.14K)
Number of downloads: 12
--------------------------------
GLA1: Attached File  Fallujah.zip (266.64K)
Number of downloads: 10
GLA2: Attached File  Cairo.zip (301.74K)
Number of downloads: 36

Aviator, signing out

Just in case you guys want a visual look of what I am talking about, here they are on the map Stuttgart.

The warfortress in the middle left of the map.
Posted Image
The town with some bunkers.
Posted Image
The replaced abandoned base.
Posted Image
Industrial area.
Posted Image
Top base.
Posted Image
Oil derricks to the left of the top base.
Posted Image
I hope this is what you want Kenny.

NOTE: Some mission maps won't be converted into skirmish. Because some of them have unbalanced landscapes. Example: USA mision 1.

Aviator, signing out

Update#2: China mission 2 is ready for download. Instead of this being a 2 player map this is a 4 player map. The nuclear reactor is still in the middle of the map and to go along with it I've added a reinforcement pad, a oil refinery, two oil derricks, two supply docks, and some bunkers. There is a bridge that connects the two plateaus on the left. In the bottom middle there is a plateau with two oil derricks and some artillery and bunkers. AI plays normally.

Pics:
Plateau with oil derricks and artillery and bunkers.
Posted Image
Bottom left starting position.
Posted Image
Top left starting position.
Posted Image
Top right starting position.
Posted Image
Bottom right starting position.
Posted Image
Nuclear reactor.
Posted Image
Little bit left of the nuclear reactor.
Posted Image

Aviator, signing out

Update#3: China mission 3 is ready for download. I tried to not make a two player map, but I had to or it will cause severe balance issues. Anyways I've added the usual, a lot of tech goodies and some extra supply crates along with cash crates which are found next to the statues (yeah I left the GLA statues there).
No issues with AI, plays normally. Also the town is a vital place to be held since it has a lot of bunkers and artillery.

Pics:
Bottom left starting position.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Top middle town.
Posted Image
Main town.
Posted Image
Oil depot and supplied park.
Posted Image
Northern part of town.
Posted Image

Aviator, signing out

I moved the bottom left starting position a bit northeastern.
Posted Image
Along with the top right position, but I just barely move it.
Posted Image

I know that's not much of a change, but I hope it makes you a little happy Atlantis.
Anyways other than that, what do you think of the map?

Update#4: China mission 4 is ready for download. This is a two player map with lots of tech goodies. There are a lot of mountains to be hiding around at. There are only two supply docks, yours and your opponent's.
Now I have a serious problem with the AI, it won't do anything it justs sits there. I've added the bounderies and waypoints, there are no scripts interfering with the AI. Anyone who could find the AI issue would really be appreciated.

Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Middle right.
Posted Image
Middle left down a bit.
Posted Image
Middle left up a bit.
Posted Image
Bottom of the lake.
Posted Image

SIDE NOTE: I'm sorry I haven't been active in making maps here lately. But all of a sudden RL attacked me, however I'm determined to get this project done ASAP. I'm not going to let real life stop me from succeeding. As mentioned before in another topic that when I get this done I will begin mapping for CNC3.

Aviator, signing out

Update#5: China mission 5 is ready for download. I aslo have a something for you guys, this is a four player map. There are a lot of artillery to capture here, be sure to get the three oil derricks that are in your base. Also there are two supply docks in each of the players base, is that too much? :wtf: The AI, well it behaves just like my previous map and it sucks. I have no idea what is going on.

Anyways time for pics:
Posted Image
Botom left starting position.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Middle supply dock.
Posted Image
Right of the bottom left starting position.
Posted Image
Left of the bottom right starting position.
Posted Image
Top middle of the map.
Posted Image

I finally beat CNC 3, not that anybody cares but for those of you who don't have it. It's worth buying for, speakin of which.
Q: Does CNC 3 or it's world builder have anything to do with screwing up my AI?

EDIT: AI works now.

Aside from that what do you guys think of the map?

Aviator, signing out

Update#6: I've completed the China misions and I'm now beginning the GLA missions starting with this one. This is probably the most changes I made on a converted map. Some of the cliff on the mountains have been smoothed out and is now passible. Lots of tech goodies. There are a few supply piles outside of your base, not much though so your going to have to be resourceful. AI plays fine, no errors. The map is pretty small, but enough to get a good base going. I've also added some wood towers in front of the bridges. This map might need to be judged to see if anything is missing.

Time for screenies:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Middle left goodies.
Posted Image
The mountain and oil depot below in the middle.
Posted Image
Top right corner bridge.
Posted Image

Enjoy the map. :wtf:

Aviator, signing out

Update#7: GLA mission 2 ready for download. This map now has three bridges to cross to get to your opponent instead of one. It has a lot of tech goodies like all the other maps. Also, you know that little island that's inaccesible well now it is. It has two oil derricks, a repair bay, and some defense structures, deffiantly an area to capture. The top left base has a area it can expand to, but to balance things out there is a downside to it. The bridges are right next to the base and due to having two supply docks they are placed some distance away. While the other base has more starting cash and the supply is much closer, also it is a better defensive area due to the pyramids. The AI has the same issue as China 4, IOW it does not work.

Other than that here are the pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Oil depot island.
Posted Image
Town next to The Great Pyramid.
Posted Image
Top right area replaced with a hospital.
Posted Image
Top left base expansion area (now accesible).
Posted Image

What do ya think. :joint:

Also thanks to Lord_Atlantis helping me speed up the progress big time. :joint:

Aviator, signing out

Edited by Revantheemperor, 30 October 2007 - 14:38.

Posted Image
Want to play a General's Challenge Map in Skirmish mode? Then Click Here!
Posted Image
Vote World in Conflict for game of 2007 here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users