Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:27

Congratulations on your promotion.

#27 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:32

Congratulations E.V.E. You're certainly deserving of this. :wtfh:

View PostSoul, on 19 Nov 2007, 11:23, said:

Congratz, but something about this is bugging me though :wtf: .

I think it was in the first week you were here you became a BT for ShW and not to long ago you became the leader on the MG and now your Staff in what seems like not that much time.

You've been here in less time then some of us and your already now Staff, I don't freakin get it >_< .

This is going to drive me nuts for days >.< .

The reason E.V.E got tester so early was because she knew her game, and is incredibly fucking good at it. Her and Stinger are the unstoppable pair (as I've said quite a few times).

It isn't how long you've served, but what you've put into the community and it is also to do with quality, not quantity. Just a word of thumb, if you want staff, you're not going to get it unless you're already ShockWave team.

No offence Soul, but you always find something to whine about.

Edited by Alias, 19 November 2007 - 05:33.

Posted Image

#28 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:20

Congrats!

I am shocked by your whining, Soul. Altough you have been here longer than E.V.E. has, you still don't know what makes a good staffer, and the fact that te amount of time you have been here is not one of them :wtf:

Edited by Waris, 19 November 2007 - 06:29.

#29 nip

Grunze-Catz

• 608 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:24

Nothing for ungood Soul,

but I don't get it why you ever did become staffer on Revora, you are the most untalented guy and your comments speak for itself. It's a real miracle.

#30 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:18

Im getting mighty pissed by everyone thats nagging about ''why E.V.E, I've been here longer shit'' She deserved it, period. You should congrat her rather then asking why she's turned into a Staffer and not you.

And to all those people who wanna know how you can become a staffer? First, you dont ask and second lots and lots of patience.

But all that bullshit aside, Congratulations E.V.E you really deserved it, use your powers wisely :wtf:
Posted Image

#31 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:56

Congratulations *Romanov voice*

View PostE.V.E., on 18 Nov 2007, 23:31, said:

Ok, now who wants a Drink?

Milk please :wtf:

#32 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:10

God damn. Now i have to share my Purple Ban hammer with her. :wtf:

Welcome to the party EVE. :wtfh:

View PostRedeemer, on 19 Nov 2007, 6:16, said:

Anyway, what do you have to do to get a staff position?

~R

Stop asking for it. Be proactive, Be respected by other members, Contribute to the forum and there is some personality types that are more suited to be moderators.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#33 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:26

View PostAlias, on 19 Nov 2007, 5:32, said:

you're not going to get it unless you're already ShockWave team.

Not to be rude but this sounds unfair

BTW Congratz EVE :wtf:

Edited by Zeke, 19 November 2007 - 11:27.

#34 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:53

and also untrue ;D

I've never been in the shw team
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#35 General Kirkov

The very model of a modern major general...

• 1749 posts
  • Projects: MOF book!

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:54

Welcome!
All Proud Canadians put this Mapple Leaf Ribbon in your Signature! Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Clicking on the picture will bring you to the latest part of the stories.
The Terran Invasions: A New Threat Part 5 is now up!
MOF: Lost and Found Epilogue is now up!

Red Storm, TI-Prologue, TI-Chapter 1, MOF #1, MOF #2, MOF # 3, MOF # 4, MOF # 5, MOF # 6

#36 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 13:09

Congrats on your promotion :wtf:.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#37 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts
  • Projects: Co-Leader of Zero Hour:Unleashed

Posted 19 November 2007 - 14:13

I am sorry for asking. Please accept my humblest apologizes and for any trouble I have caused.

Truly sorry,

Redeemer
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig and avatar, 'Dr.

#38 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 19 November 2007 - 14:24

Is strange to see your name in yellow :S.
But, congratulations E.V.E., good lock! :wtf:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#39 Efrith

Casual

• 86 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 14:40

Congrats Eve!
You really deserve this.
Now I just hope to see myself rising to the challenge.
Posted Image
Posted Image
It will take one scream from your enemy, to make your soldiers roar.
Bring me glory and fortune... Click please.

#40 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 19 November 2007 - 14:51

View PostZeke, on 19 Nov 2007, 16:56, said:

View PostAlias, on 19 Nov 2007, 5:32, said:

you're not going to get it unless you're already ShockWave team.

Not to be rude but this sounds unfair

BTW Congratz EVE :wtf:

Its not intentional. its just that the shockwave section is a lighting rod for moderator actions so most get local moderator ship and when need arise those people get promoted to global mod because they already know the mod panel. I and MDW would have never been where we are if it werent for the Flame wars early 2006 where without even any power we tried to get things in control. I guess from then on the trend started.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#41 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 16:25

Ah, yes, I saw this yesterday, but couldn't find a good opportunity to congratulate you. So...

Congratulations on your promotion, EVE! :wtf:
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 19 November 2007 - 16:36

View PostLizzie-DS, on 18 Nov 2007, 22:41, said:

Congrats. Don't nuke us. :wtf:

It's not her you have to worry about nuking you all :wtfh: .

View Postnipthecat, on 19 Nov 2007, 2:24, said:

Nothing for ungood Soul,

but I don't get it why you ever did become staffer on Revora, you are the most untalented guy and your comments speak for itself. It's a real miracle.

Nip, that kind of comment need not present itself here. This is a thread to celebrate one of our own attaining Staff status, not to go bickering and pointing out others flaws. What happens on other forums outside of E-Studios is none of our concern, nor is it of any importance

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#43 Jamie^

Veteran

• 408 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 16:36

Well done! but just remember...

With Great power, comes great responsibility

A work in progress, leave me alone.

#44 Kamikazi

Your worst nightmare

• Project Team
  • 1252 posts
  • Projects: EC Co-Leader and NLS Beta Tester

Posted 19 November 2007 - 18:10

Gratz EVE! Much fun with the other staff and admins in adminworld xD
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 19 November 2007 - 20:24

View PostAlias, on 19 Nov 2007, 0:32, said:

The reason E.V.E got tester so early was because she knew her game, and is incredibly fucking good at it. Her and Stinger are the unstoppable pair (as I've said quite a few times).

It isn't how long you've served, but what you've put into the community and it is also to do with quality, not quantity. Just a word of thumb, if you want staff, you're not going to get it unless you're already ShockWave team.

No offence Soul, but you always find something to whine about.

That answers that :P .

View PostWaris, on 19 Nov 2007, 1:20, said:

I am shocked by your whining, Soul. Altough you have been here longer than E.V.E. has, you still don't know what makes a good staffer, and the fact that te amount of time you have been here is not one of them :D

Oh hush up :wtf: .

btw I'm over it, I was just jealous to begin with is all :D .

View Postnipthecat, on 19 Nov 2007, 2:24, said:

Nothing for ungood Soul,

That was uncalled for and PM Jeeves if you want to know so bad.

Edit: Also Congratz again E.V.E. sorry that I got somewhat jealous :wtfh: .

Edited by Soul, 19 November 2007 - 20:25.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#46 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 19 November 2007 - 20:42

No offence to E.V.E I think she will make a great staffer but...
Surely there are people here more deserving of the position *cough* Yayo *cough* Switchblade.

Really I'm starting to think that a whiff of female on these boards, a bit of pink writing and you can become staff in under a year?

Sure Yayo spams a bit, but Switchblade... He's been here forever... he's everything a staffer should be and whilst I dont know if he was offered a staff position I really think he would have been a much better option.

Not because he has a penis, not because I know him more, but because he knows everyone here. And the same goes with yayo.

I really think you will have had to have been on ES for as long as yayo or switchblade to really know how things go on here.

#47 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 20:52

I figure I've screwed myself out of a staff position long ago with a couple dumb mistakes. I can see why EVE became a staff member, I don't think it's right to complain about it, here anyway. This is a congratulations topic, as I believe Nuker said, leave such complaints to other topics, or even better, private discussions.

#48 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 21:11

View PostSmlitz, on 19 Nov 2007, 15:42, said:

No offence to E.V.E I think she will make a great staffer but...
Surely there are people here more deserving of the position *cough* Yayo *cough* Switchblade.

Really I'm starting to think that a whiff of female on these boards, a bit of pink writing and you can become staff in under a year?

Sure Yayo spams a bit, but Switchblade... He's been here forever... he's everything a staffer should be and whilst I dont know if he was offered a staff position I really think he would have been a much better option.

Not because he has a penis, not because I know him more, but because he knows everyone here. And the same goes with yayo.

I really think you will have had to have been on ES for as long as yayo or switchblade to really know how things go on here.

What you mean to say is "No offense, BUT..."

Can't you read Smlitz? I know you can, but I think you just chose not to on this occasion. A bit of a selective reader I see. How dare you insult the Staff's/Admin's choice for a new Staff member. Further more, how dare you insult E.V.E. indirectly. It is not because she's a female, and it is not her pink (actually purple) writing that "won us over". It's something she has that a lot of members on this forum lack. It's called maturity, and by your statement Smlitz, you've shown us that you have none. Time on this forum means very little. Bob got his Staff job and he was here less time than E.V.E., but you conveniently forget that, don't you? Is it because Bob was one of the majority (male)?

Your thoughts have been dually noted and promptly shredded, as they are null and void. Time means nothing on this board. It's how you conduct yourself, whether or not you are active, and whether or not you display that you can handle responsibility.

In the short time E.V.E.'s been here, she has given NO ONE any form of trouble, has expressed in numerous occasions that she can handle responsibility (and the number of responsibilities she can take on puts most of us to shame), and conducts herself in a professional manner.

Personally, I could care less of what you think of me after this. Most of you know that I am fair (or that I try to be atleast), and that when I do come down on someone, it's to enforce the rules. I strongly urge you (Smlitz) to wise up and mature. I and the Staff/Admin will not put up with such behaviour, either here in this thread, or on the rest of the forum. Those thoughts of yours about who you think should be staff and who shouldn't, should be kept to yourself. Period.

Regards,

Major Nuker
Posted Image

#49 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 19 November 2007 - 21:24

Oh I didnt see that about Bob I'm sorry it seemed a little suspicious.
And I was saying that I think E.V.E will make a great staffer but some people would be better. I hope E.V.E you have not taken any offence to my comments and none was meant but i'm sure you understand it seemed a bit suspicious. And I'm sure it wasnt just to me.

I still think there could have been a better choice but I'm not the one making the desisions and I respect that. I can see there is no way to further argue my point so I wont.

#50 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 21:34

Regardless of whether or not it was just you thinking this whole thing was "suspicious" is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is you came right out and said it. You are free to say what you wish, until what you say interferes with other's rights, namely E.V.E.'s to be named Staff.

Again, you can think all you want about who may/may not provide a better service, but in all reality, that doesn't matter and will not make us, the Staff/Admin board, change our minds.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users