New Mod The Art of War

71 replies to this topic

#1 marc15yo

Semi-Pro

• 258 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 00:06

Hi guys I'm introducing a new Mod it's called The Art of War. It's a total Conversion for Zero Hour. The sides will be Russia and The United-states. In Woodland, Desert and Snow. Future Version will Include Germany, United Kingdom, Japan France, And China. It's based slightly in the Furture (2011-2018)
I don't really want to post to many pictures so instead i give you the link. It's WIP and so is the story.

http://www.sleipnirs...m/forum/ucp.php -There is some of my work.

Please Host my Mod.

ModTeam:
Marc15yo

and also if people are interested in joining just send me a Message
also My email is Marc15yo@hotmail.com
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 00:08

Well for People who aren't registred on Sleipnir's Stuff ( Like me ) it would be better to see some Pictures here.

It's still up to you though. Was just a little Tipp.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#3 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 05 December 2007 - 00:14

I don't like forums that you have to sign up for in order to view stuff in it >_> .

Edited by Soul, 05 December 2007 - 00:14.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#4 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 00:15

All I've seen out of you are renders of reskins of models that I've seen before. So until you can show you have full commitment and the ability to produce this mod, I would personally deny your request.

http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/viewtop...asc&start=0

He had linked you to his Control Panel, for the record.

Edited by Boidy, 05 December 2007 - 00:16.

#5 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts
  • Projects: Co-Leader of Zero Hour:Unleashed

Posted 05 December 2007 - 00:34

Though you don't make the decisions Boidy, :). Nice models and renders there mate, keep it up!
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig and avatar, 'Dr.

#6 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 00:38

View PostBoidy, on 4 Dec 2007, 19:15, said:

He had linked you to his Control Panel, for the record.

Oh, ok.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#7 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:03

And the renders do look good, :wink:.
Posted Image

#8 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:28

Reskins of vehicles made by others or converted from another game do not make a mod.

#9 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:25

agreed
Posted Image

#10 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts
  • Projects: Silent Dawn VI: The Dark Return, Sigma Invasion

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:00

View Postmarc15yo, on 4 Dec 2007, 19:06, said:

Hi guys I'm introducing a new Mod it's called The Art of War. It's a total Conversion for Zero Hour. The sides will be Russia and The United-states. In Woodland, Desert and Snow. Future Version will Include Germany, United Kingdom, Japan France, And China. It's based slightly in the Furture (2011-2018)
I don't really want to post to many pictures so instead i give you the link. It's WIP and so is the story.

ModTeam:
Marc15yo

Not to mention that you have a 100% unoriginal concept that has been repeated or attempted so many times that if each mod caused me to vomit, my house would be filled to the brim in gross liquid. How many times have we seen these sides in any kind of game or mod? Sheesh, darned repetition!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Friends look out for one another

#11 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 16:54

View PostVengence, on 4 Dec 2007, 22:00, said:

View Postmarc15yo, on 4 Dec 2007, 19:06, said:

ModTeam:
Marc15yo

Not to mention that you have a 100% unoriginal concept that has been repeated or attempted so many times that if each mod caused me to vomit, my house would be filled to the brim in gross liquid. How many times have we seen these sides in any kind of game or mod? Sheesh, darned repetition!

I agree with Vengence.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 18:39

View PostSoul, on 5 Dec 2007, 11:54, said:

I agree with Vengence.

As do I.

#13 marc15yo

Semi-Pro

• 258 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 20:43

For which exact reason is it that i can't get my mod up?. The fact that my Mod is Modern Warfare and that some people may think it's too common. or the fact that i'm not really using my own 100% made models. (just so you know there are many mods that use butchered models and still count as mods and many people like them even though there not there models there just CNCZerohour models. BTW i kind of added many things of my own to these models not just the skins. Also I found most of these at free models threads is that why?
And does that also mean that my mod is not a mod even though many mods i've seen do contain these exact wos vehicles. like there was this mod, i forgot the name, they used the stuff from Will Of Steel but but it was still a MOD they had there own site and everything. Does this mean my so called "mod" is not a mod and i shouldn't keep working on it because it's not right to use the models?. Or is there NO chance at all for me to get my mod hosted. For which exact reason?. I put a lot of effort in this.

what should i do?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 20:49

How about using different factions? Netherlands, Ukraine, Great Britain, Australia, etc.
Though some may not have enough units for a complete faction, :P.
So brainstorm some ideas here and we will tell you what we think, :wink:.

Though try to aim for uniqueness.
Posted Image

#15 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 20:53

Well first of all, please calm down.
And to the other's, there actually exist other ways to express your Opinion rather than this:

Not to mention that you have a 100% unoriginal concept that has been repeated or attempted so many times that if each mod caused me to vomit, my house would be filled to the brim in gross liquid.

At marc15yo, it is perfectly fine what Mod you create, and when you even modify one tiny bit of a game it's a Mod.
But if you want to get hosted at E-Studios, Im afraid you have to show us a bit more Custom Made, Quality Stuff.

Nothing against you personal.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#16 marc15yo

Semi-Pro

• 258 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 20:53

But This is the Problem i can't Model accurately all i can do is reskin and move polys and "Re" model 3d stuff.
It's all about the Resoureces. i don't have a mod team. and i don't have much intel on those countries u stated.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 20:55

View Postmarc15yo, on 5 Dec 2007, 15:53, said:

But This is the Problem i can't Model accurately all i can do is reskin and move polys and "Re" model 3d stuff.
It's all about the Resoureces. i don't have a mod team. and i don't have much intel on those countries u stated.

Try Wikipedia and other various sites via Google if you need info :P .
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 marc15yo

Semi-Pro

• 258 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 20:58

View PostE.V.E., on 5 Dec 2007, 20:53, said:

Well first of all, please calm down.
And to the other's, there actually exist other ways to express your Opinion rather than this:

Not to mention that you have a 100% unoriginal concept that has been repeated or attempted so many times that if each mod caused me to vomit, my house would be filled to the brim in gross liquid.

At marc15yo, it is perfectly fine what Mod you create, and when you even modify one tiny bit of a game it's a Mod.
But if you want to get hosted at E-Studios, Im afraid you have to show us a bit more Custom Made, Quality Stuff.

Nothing against you personal.

- E.V.E.

thanks for the support i wasn't excited or anything it just felt like all my work was for nothin u know. when u work so hard on somethin and people come in and kinda diss it kinda sucks. I was all defensive. I'm gonna Work harder on it. Also For those who said that mods with all that modern warfare was to familiar. think and ask urselves how many of those mods have actually released? I'm a hard worker i won't quit until i'm satisfied and i have more than 2 years and half ahead before i got to college and get on with my life. I love Modern Warfare, I love CNC generals Zero Hour, and I love Modding. what can i say?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 21:03

Well ask around here for modelers. First stay a while and post around, that way people will know you. Then ask people like Master Chief, Freedom Fighter, or MYLO to help out with the modeling.
They are extremely talented and are very nice people and maybe they could teach you a thing or two about modeling, :wink:.
Posted Image

#20 marc15yo

Semi-Pro

• 258 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 21:06

I've tried modeling before and all the tutorials i kind of get it a little bit but my problem is How do i know if my Modeling is accurate you know? i tried tutorials but i don't see how it will help me make an abrams accurately. My mod i modern warfare style so i need to be accurate. get me?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 21:08

True, but ask around, like I said, :P.
I am sure that you will improve, practice makes perfect.

BTW, make you mod name unique. You shouldn't name it after yourself, :P. Something like "SuperNova". <----Example.

Edited by Ellipsis, 05 December 2007 - 21:10.

Posted Image

#22 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 21:14

u just need to show dedication

Posted Image

#23 marc15yo

Semi-Pro

• 258 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 21:17

First i want to get my facts straight. When i first started, i had a plan on making my Mod have Really futuristic and Tactical feel to it. I wasn't thinking of USA And RUSSIA. i was thinking of mor like tactical abraviation names. but then my mod wouldn't have been able to have Modern weapons and stuff. so then i decided to use real life countries. u know what i mean?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Ellipsis

<Custom title available>

• 806 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 21:46

Yup, but you should switch the factions or countries to use. Everybody uses China, USA, GLA, and Russia.
Make people glance towards your mod.
Posted Image

#25 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 21:48

Use fictional countrys, like they did in the ace combat series wit yuctobania, osea, etz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users