←  C&C Generals & Zero Hour Editing

Fallout Studios Forums

»

my first model

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 01 Jan 2008

here's another. poly's aare greatly reduced. they're only 432 poly's here

Posted Image
Edited by AZZKIKR, 01 January 2008 - 06:07.

Golan's Photo Golan 01 Jan 2008

U still have way to many intersections there. Most plan faces r made up of 9 to 12 subfaces, that´s BS. Lawl, y does no1 eva effing care to act on the suggestons given?

How much time did u spent for thiz modell?
Edited by Golan, 01 January 2008 - 11:25.

Waris's Photo Waris 01 Jan 2008

432? You can make something more detailed than that for the same amount of polys. Like the sensible TPAM said, reduce the useless segments.

Practice more, and refer to other's works while you're at it.

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 10 Jan 2008

here's one. i added some detail. 592 poly's

Posted Image

Waris's Photo Waris 10 Jan 2008

No wasted polys detected. The turret could still use lesser segments thoPlease give a better perspective look form the Perspective viewport, as for now it's hard to see what the extra segments on the turret are for..
Edited by Waris, 10 January 2008 - 13:58.

Golan's Photo Golan 10 Jan 2008

Lol Waris, guess you should take a second look... or a third one...

AZZKIKR, why are you even posting this shit here if you don´t care to listen anyways? There´s still a fucking fat intersection running straight through the tank´s side, turret is intersected three times horizontally, vertically and longitudinally. What did you smoke to still do this bullshit? And what the fuck is this radar dish on the turret´s back supposed to be? "Poly wast00rz in da hood 3"? Suggest you go have a look at some EA models... then have another look... then look at some custom made ones.

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 11 Jan 2008

Why do u need to be so offensive. at least it improved over the times. not so many wasted polys, adequate detail.

Waris's Photo Waris 11 Jan 2008

Golan, on 10 Jan 2008, 23:06, said:

Lol Waris, guess you should take a second look... or a third one...

I was talking in reference to what he wants it to look like.

It may look like utter shit to you but for the shape of that thing its well optimized. That's what I meant.

I agree though taht the radar dish can be made beter looking and use less polys too.
Edited by Waris, 11 January 2008 - 10:26.

Golan's Photo Golan 11 Jan 2008

Yeah sure you were talking about design. Full ACK!

No wasted polys detected.

@AZZKIKR
Yeah your not wasting as many polys as before but you´ve obviously got no fucking idea of what saving polys really means. You´re just doing the same mistakes over and over and over and over again. The geometry is in no way optimized, it just sucks less than previous version, but it´s still ruined in the same way.

Design is nice though.