PC or Console

32 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats your favorite platform? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Your actual platform

1. PC (33 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Console (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I use them both (18 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

My next platform will be

1. next gen PC (or equal) (39 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. Console (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

3. not sure (8 votes [15.69%])

Percentage of vote: 15.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 23:13

PC ftw. Can surf Internet and also use a lot of applications.

FPS and RTS are best played with PC. Whoever plays RTS on console, I truly feel sorry for you.

Console isn't bad though, I enjoy many console games and frankly I feel that console has been receiving better games for while. Not many modern worth-while RTS games to play on PC nowadays. Universe at war is OK but is pretty imbalanced, it is receiving excellent support so this mite change. Company of heroes is good but patching the messed up imbalanced gameplay is taking far longer than it should, will become a great game AFTER patches. Crysis MP never really took off since many people still have computers that barely run ZH. Plus everyone has a big screen TV nowadays, makes that pretty damn good.

Many RTS online gaming communities are dying/shrinking like ZH or Warcraft 3 (well WC3 still has well over 100,000 people playing LEGALLY at any moment [lots of private servers] so 'dying' isn't really the term).

Edit: This forum isn't really active and this topic was still 3rd place so I hope this isn't considered necroing.

Edited by Sharpnessism, 31 January 2008 - 23:14.

Posted Image

#27 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 31 January 2008 - 23:27

PC, not sure. (The latter 'cause I'm considering buying a 360 if the price drops to a reasonable level, for the Halo trilogy and EndWar at least.)

#28 Cuppa

Semi-Pro

• 227 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 00:54

I like 'em both. PC can do some game genres that a console can't and vice versa. The one thing I also like about consoles is that they have a good life span for the hardware and don't require to upgrade every so often unlike say the PC.
Posted Image

#29 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 23:05

I have both but I generally prefer the PC due to its better controls and generally more sophisticated games.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 15:05

I chose for PC now. I play only RTS and FPS games, and those are just the games that don't fit on a console imo.

For the next generation though, I wouldn't know. I sure hope Sony isn't going to think that their PS3 can actually last 10 years. I hope the next gen consoles will be attachable with a mouse and keyboard, so any game can be played on them with the rightful means.

If that happens, I will buy a console, because it's so much easier and cheaper. Especially the fact that a good game PC (which ages faster than the console) is so expensive will probably avert me.

Edit: Strategia, IIRC EndWar also appeared on PC, so why would you buy a 360 for that.

Edited by Aftershock, 01 March 2008 - 15:06.

Posted Image

#31 Lord PieMonster

Amateur

• 149 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 21:22

Pc all the way, most flexibility/expandability, consoles should complement PC's for a gamer, not be the only source of gaming.
PC for main gaming, console for those few titles that dont get released on PC, and then you're set.
Posted Image

#32 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 23:31

Epic necro my man, tis fair because that image amuses me.

#33 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:46

I'm holding out to PC's (most especially laptops) 'cause it's so dang versatile. What if I were playing a game, then I changed my mind to surf the net, and changed my mind again to research, chat with buddies and play that game again? Can I do that with a console?
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users