Problem with WB

6 replies to this topic

#1 Widowmaker

Casual

• 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 20:17

As stated in the topic title i can't add tank general objects or vehicles to my map. I want to do a sandbox map with all generals, units and gen powers enabled. Everything works fine except 2 things:
1.I can add all Units and structures except those of the tank gen.
2.I tried to place several long bridges but always after i created 2 of them, the other bridges were shortened to the same amount as i created a new one 0,o (made maps be4 but such things never occured to me in the past)
-> i hope anyone can tell me if thats a bug in the map or in the 0.95 wb or anything
Edit: It seems as if there is no more space left for the tank gen player (no more space in add players window and also not mentioned in script tree)
==> is there at least a possibility to get all the generals on the map?
Edit: now I also have another problem: what do i have to do when i accidentially gave the neutral player in the player window a faction (the game is craching with serious errors because of this)

Edited by Widowmaker, 11 January 2008 - 20:43.

Welcome to Internet, where the men are men, the women are men and the little girls are FBI agents.

don't click this link...

#2 Ðåñž Q

is inactive on FS

• 1514 posts
  • Projects: maps

Posted 11 January 2008 - 20:48

I didn't know you could not add each and every faction to 1 map. :O
If there are too many players, just change the player of certain units, remove players who have no units anymore and youll be able to create new players.
Or do you really need 16 players on one map (instead of 8).
If you just need the units, make them all civilian and unmanned maybe, so you can capture them and get all factions.

Bridges have always been limited. When you ignore the "vertex overflow" error of bridges, other bridges will be eaten up if you place new ones.
Different kinds of bridges need a different amount of space (which is there for the bridges and if full, you'll get the error).
Danz aka knjaepsik aka Danz Cruck aka /).4/\/z aka Dz aka Player 1 aka Danzey Kong aka Danzerowka aka Zombie Danz aka Danz4ttack aka Danzkrecona aka GeneralButt aka jEnaM aka Danz Power aka Super Danz aka Easy Danz aka Danz Time aka Double Danz aka Kraszaq aka Danzew aka =) aka Danz Q aka DzQ aka DJ Danz aka AAAAAASSSDFGJKFL aka Team Apfel aka Master King Danz aka Danzlorki aka P1 aka Party Danz aka Danzekoins

#3 Widowmaker

Casual

• 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 20:55

Thanks for the quick answer.
I didn't know that bridges were limited in such a strict way but they are not really necessary for the map. :wahhhhhaa: lolz ur right with the player thing. I wanted to try this and then i made a stupid mistake. I gave the neutral player the faction of tank general, placed the tank general cc but then i couldnt change his faction back to none. Is there anyway to get him back to neutral so i won't get serious errors when playing the map?
Welcome to Internet, where the men are men, the women are men and the little girls are FBI agents.

don't click this link...

#4 Ðåñž Q

is inactive on FS

• 1514 posts
  • Projects: maps

Posted 11 January 2008 - 21:33

neutral = none

Make structures neutral to capture them and vehicles civilian + unmanned, because neutral scripts will make the game crash.

Or what did you want to ask?
Danz aka knjaepsik aka Danz Cruck aka /).4/\/z aka Dz aka Player 1 aka Danzey Kong aka Danzerowka aka Zombie Danz aka Danz4ttack aka Danzkrecona aka GeneralButt aka jEnaM aka Danz Power aka Super Danz aka Easy Danz aka Danz Time aka Double Danz aka Kraszaq aka Danzew aka =) aka Danz Q aka DzQ aka DJ Danz aka AAAAAASSSDFGJKFL aka Team Apfel aka Master King Danz aka Danzlorki aka P1 aka Party Danz aka Danzekoins

#5 Widowmaker

Casual

• 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 14:17

I edited the player list (where you can give the palyers a certain faction). Accidentially i gave the neutral player the faction "tank general". Now i don't know how to change it back because i can't chosse a neutral faction in the dropdown menu.

don't click this link...

#6 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:19

View Postknj43p51k, on 11 Jan 2008, 22:33, said:

neutral = none

Make structures neutral to capture them and vehicles civilian + unmanned, because neutral scripts will make the game crash.

Or what did you want to ask?

Hi knj43p51k
may i ask how to make a vehicle civilian + unmanned?
or is there a tutorial somewhere (i did search and not found)

best regards
wi-ta

#7 nip

Grunze-Catz

• 608 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 14:44

may i ask how to make a vehicle civilian + unmanned?
or is there a tutorial somewhere (i did search and not found)

In the properties window set the vehicle to TeamPlyrCivilian, name this unit and use the script action 'Make Unit xyz unmanned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users