Airsoft

45 replies to this topic

#1 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 15 January 2008 - 21:39

Yeah, Jut post what you think of airsoft... I'm really not sure if this is the right forum, so If I'm wrong please move it

Personally, I think airsoft is a good. As well as being a good training tool (along with paintball) for the military and police, it's a good way to learn how to fire a gun if, well, you're not the kind of person that should have a gun. Also, as well as paintball, you can play it without going to a proper field and (possibly) being ridiculously ripped off.

Wondering what the community thinks
Swim~Listen~Game
kinda, sorta alive.

#2 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 30 January 2008 - 18:02

I play airsoft, I think of it as a good way to 'relax', because you have to be so concentrated in the game, also its a good way to feel what's like in the battlefield.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#3 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 20:06

I enjoy Airsofting, but using real guns would be cheaper. =)

Posted Image

#4 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:32

Not if you count the hospital bill... :nurse:
Also, post what airsoft gun(s) you own, as well as the compan(ies)
I have an Echo-1 G-36c (electric) that I can pwn most people with
and a UTG MK. 23 Spring pistol
~SLG
kinda, sorta alive.

#5 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:59

P-90 and a G36
Both with a battery modification so they have three 9Volts linked to each instead of 1.
=D

Posted Image

#6 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:19

Crap, thats a lot of power... MIne run on 1 lithium Ion. do you have them all powering it simultaneously, or so when one dies, the other takes over... Also, by what company?
~SLG
kinda, sorta alive.

#7 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:42

haven't tryed airsoft cuz i cant find a place that does it put paint ballin is fun especially when u tk a guy u dont like in the back when hes not lookin lol

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#8 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 19 February 2008 - 20:49

I have an ass Well P-90 500 round mag gravity-fed.

It really suks, but after a battery and mag mod, it's a lot more usuable. (Still has zero accuracy, but I'm shootn' so many BBs, it doesn't really matter; it's pretty hard to dodge a wall of BBs).

#9 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 23:06

Mines a bullet hose too, but its a load more accurate than you would think. I once got two guys from about 120 ft away... and that was before I got a sight for it. Anyone up for posting Pictures?
and @MajorFuckup- airsoft tends to be played in backyards (at least around here)
kinda, sorta alive.

#10 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 22:43

yeah, I know this is necro, but I know we have at least a couple more people who play. Post please
~SLG
kinda, sorta alive.

#11 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:38

Well I just recently got a new airsoft rifle.

Posted Image

Not sure if it's the exact same thing, but they all look the same. It shoots about 350 fps, with a 350 round mag. It's full-metal, and weighs about 5 - 7 pounds (Really F'n Heavy). But it's a really nice gun, especially compared to my old one.

It didn't come with anything, so I bought a laser, a flashlight, a scope and a barrel mount for it. I'll take a picture of it sometime and show it to you guys.

Recently went out into the woods with a couple friends and shot a couple matches of CTF, King of the Hill and a little FFA. Pretty fun, completely exhausted 3 hours later (we were fighting on this giant 40 degree incline, and whenever you got shot, you had to run back to you spawn point at the base or the summit of the hill).

Edited by NergiZed, 19 March 2008 - 10:39.

#12 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 13:57

Revive'd for great justice. Mostly because a couple people have mentioned this in other places...
kinda, sorta alive.

#13 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 14:43

You revived (more like necroed) this but didn't put in anything new? :D
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Mortecha

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 16:26

Unfortunatly Airsoft is illegal here in Australia due to the arms being replicas. However saying that where always up for a good spot of paintball.

Also NergiZed, nice Styre though I've never trusted the real one as they have a nasty tendency to double chamber and the bullets sometimes softstrike:P Ztyping always happens on the range too.

Edited by Dregan, 01 June 2008 - 16:27.

#15 Sicarius

Semi-Pro

• 226 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 19:15

Don't play airsoft, but I do play paintball competitively. (or try to):weekend:
I've come face to face with myself, man.
Sanctify the early light just like the old man can, boy!
Change the world? You'd better change yourself, man/ boy/ man
Challenge the mind to be more like the rolling ocean, man!

#16 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 17:14

don't get me started on Airsoft, I love it!!!
I have a decent M4A1 with a $30 red-dot site, it's an ok set-up, but I want the JLS FN SCAR that a local store has for 140 bucks, which will likly be the last Airsoft gun I buy until I can get a job
Posted Image
That's me in the Woodland camo (holding the V-for-victory sign)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#17 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:31

Just wondering - what exactly is Airsoft? Is it just like a normal gun modified to fire pellets with compressed air or what? Sounds moderately dangerous if so - do you actually shoot at people with these things? If so, does it hurt?

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:37

Yes, you shoot at people. Yes, it hurts. But, its not all that painful- less so than paintball, usually. Typically, you're firing at a slightly higher velocity than a paintball gun, but with a slightly lower caliber of projectile. Basically, a lot like paintball. And no, its not modified guns, airsoft guns are built as airsoft guns, shooting 6mm plastic pellets between 2-500 feet per second (usually).

Swimmer
kinda, sorta alive.

#19 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:05

I sometimes participate on small Airsoft contests...with the minigun :/

#20 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:26

Swimmer, on 5 Aug 2008, 12:37, said:

Yes, you shoot at people. Yes, it hurts. But, its not all that painful- less so than paintball, usually. Typically, you're firing at a slightly higher velocity than a paintball gun, but with a slightly lower caliber of projectile. Basically, a lot like paintball. And no, its not modified guns, airsoft guns are built as airsoft guns, shooting 6mm plastic pellets between 2-500 feet per second (usually).

Swimmer

Kewl. Sounds like a lot of fun, so long as you're wearing a thick jumper or similar. I'm led to understand that it's unavailable for me to have a go at where I live. I play laser tag very occasionally, which is excellent amusement, but that's about it.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 16:23

I prefer paintball, more fun IMO, but airsoft is okay.
Posted Image

#22 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 16:41

just so you know, the ones who actually where body armor at airsoft events are often laughed at and called panzies. (although wearing a vest that LOOKS like an IBA isn't bad). Take it from me, Airsoft isn't cheap, some guns can run into the multi-hundreads (but that's usually a one-time cost). BBs are cheap, about 20 bucks US for a tub of 10,000! (which will last a while if you don't spray'n pray) I only went through 248rnds at my first event which is a drop in the bucket compared to the 10,000 I had on me. You'll usually know when you've been hit, either you'll see the shot hit you, or you'll look down and see a pile of BBs that are not from your gun around you. Oh, and before you buy ANY Airsoft gun, do your homework, there are literally dozens of M4 Airsfot guns, don't waste your money on a piece of junk when you could have spent another ten bucks and got one that will think it's an AK47. (and there are Airsoft guns that are nearly indestructable!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#23 Sicarius

Semi-Pro

• 226 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:01

Don't buy from Wal-Mart or other big-name store, for either airsoft or paintball. Unless you want your gun to fall apart after your first game. ;)
If you can't find an actual airsoft/paintball store, buy online.

Edited by ~Doomsday~, 07 August 2008 - 03:03.

#24 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:29

Well, for paintball, if your used to the shit guns, then you can do well with them (the rental ones you get when you go to a paintballing place), but once your used to the shizz ones, you can never go back to the shit ones lol.
Posted Image

#25 Sicarius

Semi-Pro

• 226 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:37

It kinda depends on you're level of involvement I guess, and what kind of games you like. (just talking about paintball, I don't play airsoft but I imagine it's alot like woodsball.)
If you play only a few times a year, then you can get away with the cheapest ones you can find (or the rentals). If you play more than once a month, then you should probably aim for some of the mid-price brands like spyder or tippman. Also, If you play speedball, you will get owned if you don't have an electronic trigger.:) But for woodsball, you will probably be better of with a regular, mechanical gun, cause they take a beating.

Cheapo guns can only take you so far, but I'm not saying buy the $2000 Ego or Angel, you'd just be kidding yourself. ;)

Edited by ~Doomsday~, 07 August 2008 - 04:40.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users