who would like a CNC battletech?

37 replies to this topic

Poll: ok battletech fans.... who things a CNC battletech would be cool? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

ok battletech fans.... who things a CNC battletech would be cool?

1. hell ya it would (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. who knows, it could be cool (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. forget it man (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

4. what is battletech? (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:17

How "near" is the near you are referring to? Dude, I realize you may know A LOT about MechWarrior and Battletech (and your friend knows even more), but if I remember correctly, Battletech is set in like 2800-3300 AD. Compare this to Generals which is 2025 (I think).

Really, the only tank that could give a mech a challenge would be the Demolisher II. I know it's only great at close range, but in Generals, most of the fighting is done at close range anyway, even if the mechs themselves would initially fire from long range. However, I suppose if an army is large enough, any tank could kill a mech (if it the group has proper leadership).

One thing on the fusion reactors though. Once fusion starts, it CAN'T be stopped or controlled. Fission can be with rods and varying the height of the control rod controls the reaction rate(control rod upgrade for USA).

I would truly like to see a mech be built. I would love for mechs to perform like they do in MechWarrior. If mechs were to be built in my lifetime, I would want to pilot one (preferably the Blood Asp or the ShadowCat).

Good luck on your total conversion, and be sure to keep us posted. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Respectfully,

Major Nuker
Posted Image

#27 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:58

Nuker86, on 15 Mar 2006, 18:45, said:

P.S. and tanks fight like real soldiers :loel:  :locky: ??
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look at iraq :locky: America make long range tanks because they are gay :locky:

Btw i was watching yesterday a anime with mechs and i must say.....30 mechs got own3d by 5 Battle tanks o_O and i was like *WTF???? o_O* and the tank looks like a hybrid of the challenger and a abrams tank.....and 5 more mechs got bunker bustered to oblivion o_O

Edited by Yayo01, 16 March 2006 - 08:06.

#28 BillyChaka

The word is law. The law is love.

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts
  • Projects: stayin' alive

Posted 16 March 2006 - 14:37

Yayo01, on 16 Mar 2006, 02:58, said:

look at iraq :loel: America make long range tanks because they are gay :locky:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, America makes long range tanks because they are safe. Just like mechs. They aren't "ghey", they're just uber. :locky:

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

[19:11] <+IonCannnon> Basically, billychaka is a heartless bastard.

#29 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 16 March 2006 - 17:59

Yayo01, on 16 Mar 2006, 03:58, said:

look at iraq :loel: America make long range tanks because they are gay :locky:

Btw i was watching  yesterday a anime with mechs and i must say.....30 mechs got own3d by 5 Battle tanks o_O and i was like *WTF???? o_O* and the tank looks like a hybrid of the challenger and a abrams tank.....and 5 more mechs got bunker bustered to oblivion o_O
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you're saying that because our tanks have more advanced technology and can shoot at longer ranges, that America's tanks are "ghey?" :locky: Are you saying that our tanks shouldn't have that ability and should place our troops in EVEN more danger than they are now? I think you've been sniped one too many times in a 1st person shooter. :camper:

Whatever the case, mechs still pwn. Those tanks that "pwned" the mechs, was this Gundam or some other anime mecha? You must remember, that the show is a cartoon, and most likely the person that wrote the script had the mechs destroyed for dramatic effect, or knows very little about mechs. Really though, mechs would beat the snot out of tanks if they said tanks were configured to today's standards. The tank being a cross between the Challenger/Abrams, doesn't really mean anything except the shape. Any tank could be built with special armor, not just those two. Being bombed to death can happen, since the top armor on ANYTHING is one of the thinnest spots.
Posted Image

#30 Dragonwurm

Semi-Pro

• 246 posts
  • Projects: adding my two cents to everything and anything

Posted 16 March 2006 - 18:40

actually battletech mech armor is weakest in the back...... they are made for combat with aircraft....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 BillyChaka

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 21:23

Nuker86, on 16 Mar 2006, 12:59, said:

Whatever the case, mechs still pwn. Those tanks that "pwned" the mechs, was this Gundam or some other anime mecha? You must remember, that the show is a cartoon, and most likely the person that wrote the script had the mechs destroyed for dramatic effect, or knows very little about mechs. Really though, mechs would beat the snot out of tanks if they said tanks were configured to today's standards. The tank being a cross between the Challenger/Abrams, doesn't really mean anything except the shape. Any tank could be built with special armor, not just those two. Being bombed to death can happen, since the top armor on ANYTHING is one of the thinnest spots.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mechs aren't even real. You must know that the mechs he's talking about are from a TV show, the mechs that you're talking about are from a video game. So, you guys are technically on the same plane. I mean, both are fiction. So, the person who wrote that cartoon that guy saw could have known everything about mechs. Just remember Gundam came first. :P

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

#32 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:58

my whole thoughts

mechs will never exist in reality. Fictionally, sure, but if the materials used to build mechs ever existed, they would be better used on tanks.

#33 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:04

I agree with you. A tank can own a walking thing... all you need to do is shoot the legs :P

Posted Image

#34 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:07

How come he (Dragonwurm) think of making this mod? I don't see even a shit of progress on his current project >:

#35 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:10

I don't tthink he means a mod :P

I think he means a full c&c game what will never happen :P

Posted Image

#36 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:14

Dragonwurm, on 16 Mar 2006, 05:53, said:

if i were to make a mod CNC battletech it would include mechs (of course) and aircraft, vehicles and infantry that actually have the capability to damage mechs. a CNC battletech would be a total conversion mod..... USA, China and GLA factions would be history..... so would all the units you currently know. if the mod were made it would use units from the battletech universe which is very diverse..... the mod would the ability to make many many different chassis of mech. but not custom vari's, however mechs are insanely expensive.... the war will still be with vehicles and infantry, mechs would be the superweapons, but the infantry and vehicles, if used correctly could take them out..... the battletech universe was built with balance in mind. mechs are just the big icon that represents the theme..... and when battletech was created in the 80's it was made by doing reasearch into technologies that were being studied, and is still very possible to exist.... mechs and the rest of battletech would probally be produced before the first ion cannon or particle uplink.... battletech is more realistic than some parts of generals that we know right now..... i should ask a friend of mine to sign up to this forum and tell you all about the wonders of battletech..... he helped create some of the weapon concepts and knew the crew that actually came up with the hole thing..... battletech is quite likely to actually happen, the basis of the game was set on near future tech when it was created. i have seen magazine articles about how close we could actually be to battletech.... and top scientists say we are only missing 2 parts of a mechs. the fusion reactor and the myomer that moves the parts..... however early mechs were hydralic and the only thing we are missing form the first mechs are the fusion reactors.... scientists say we can do it and so do i, i feel we will see a mech before and ion cannon or particle uplink cannon.

now i shall get off my soapbox and let you all think about this.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#37 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:16

BURNED!

I'm so stupid I burned myself :P

I'm never right so don't listen :P

Posted Image

#38 BillyChaka

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 17:03

The majority voted for "Forget it man" anyway.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users