New Missions

46 replies to this topic

#26 spiderspag

Blah.

• 3650 posts
  • Projects: C&C Shockwave and War Games ZH mapper

Posted 13 March 2006 - 23:22

I was in the midst of making a mission map (which would have been the first in a series) when I realized that my coding abilities were very poor...

Have a read!

FIRST STRIKE
Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Map

The time for diplomacy is over. US intelligence has just revealed the location of six heavily fortified missile silo’s housing nuclear-tipped long range missiles, just days after the search began when it became known that the DPRK may possess such weapons, and such weapons could be only days away from becoming fully-operational. If this happens American interests and allies across the entire Asian region could face nuclear annihilation. Choosing to ignore UN pleas for diplomacy, the US President has decided that this cannot be tolerated and has sanctioned an aggressive, precision operation against North Korea.

The location of the missile sites are positioned not far north of the 38th Parallel, inside a heavily fortified nuclear enrichment facility within a valley north of the valley that runs along the Parallel. Whilst this is fortunate as it is within striking distance by a US Air Force Base south of the DMZ, it is peppered with anti-air batteries and is accessible from the South only via an easily defended valley road that crosses the river via a heavily fortified bridge. Satellite photographs indicate that the bridge and road North of the river are within range of DPRK light artillery including mortar-equipped infantry. US Command would also like to remind you that when the road enters the DMZ itself it passes through some heavy anti-personnel and anti-tank landmines. Also, North Korean non-mobile listening and intelligence posts located in the hills above the valley will most probably detect any incursion into the DMZ. In this case, the base will be put on high alert, and it is most likely that an infantry division from one of several nearby bases will be mobilised. Overflights above the DMZ have also revealed several MLRS rocket platforms supported by a patrol of ageing Chinese tanks patrolling the border to the west, so don’t be surprised if they pay you a surprise visit. Intelligence reports that the destruction of the main nuclear reactor which has been decommissioned from civilian use but is now used for the North Korean enrichment program should stall the North’s efforts to bring their silo’s online, effectively forcing them to begin preparations for launch all over again. Be warned that any incursion into North Korean territory, which will almost certainly be noticed, will be considered an act of war and will most likely be met with heavy enemy reinforcements from the North as well as possible bombardment by a long-range artillery division that is unfortunately outside of strike range.

The missiles may be operational within an hour, so it is imperative that the ICBM control centre just across the river is destroyed in this time to ensure the North does not possess long-range strike capability. Once this is accomplished however, the DPRK will still possess battlefield-launch capability, and so the nukes should still be taken care of to ensure the South remains unthreatened. U.S. forces across the South will only be mobilised after your initial invasion so as to maintain the advantage of surprise, but as the battle wears on you can expect support from a variety of locations. The Pentagon has opted against allowing you to construct a Particle Cannon Uplink for fear of the top-secret technology falling into the hands of the North, so instead a medium-range guided missile weapons platform, which we affectionately refer to as the “Tomohawk Storm” is at your disposal.

YOUR MISSION IS AS FOLLOWS:

1. Destroy the Missile Control centre before the missiles come online.
2. Ensure that the North Korean nuclear threat is neutralized.
3. Resist invasion from the North.

SUBOBJECTIVES:

1. Destroy the Enrichment Facility to reset the countdown
2. Keep any Northern incursions undetected to prevent enemy retaliation for as long as possible.

Edited by spiderspag, 13 March 2006 - 23:30.

Posted Image
This sick sig was made by da man, Cattman2236. Yeeh boii!
Posted Image
Check da myspace @ Spiderspag's Myspace
You killed my entire family... and I don't like that sort of thing...
Technocracy- it's our only hope.

#27 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 23:27

Sounds cool, but...in the Generals universe, there already was a Second Korean War, and North Korea doesn't exist anymore...it says so in the Zero Hour manual in General Alexander's bio. This could be a "prequel mission," though ;)
Don't worry, I'll think up of some other location, but I like the idea.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 retry_1

sniper extrordanare

• 2591 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 00:03

a chinese mission:

tiwan has rebelled and had cut off many of your tank manufacturing your nly alowed to build certin kinds of vehicles so infantry usage is a must the gla has allied with tiwan and is supplying all but tanks and other vehicles there is an abandonred us base located on the hill to your north i would advise takig that to aid your effortsyou must crush this rebellion or you will not be able to fend off the onslaught of gla attacks on the other borders.....

general we are all counting on you

good luck
you'll need it

comments/tweaks welcom

yes i know tiwan is independont but scence when is this a realisim mod who knows china could be a democracy and the us comunist by then(very unlikely but possible)
Sig and avy by yours truly
Posted Image

#29 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:48

sounds good IMO but use a different country (like poland)
R.I.P. Luyo, I will never forget you.

#30 spiderspag

Blah.

• 3650 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:59

What's IMO? And who was that post addressed to???
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 retry_1

sniper extrordanare

• 2591 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:11

i chose tiwan because its location and its manufacturing roots
Posted Image

#32 The_Hunter

-

• Gold Member
  • 12402 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:36

spiderspag, on 14 Mar 2006, 02:59, said:

What's IMO? And who was that post addressed to???
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMO/IMHO = In my oppinion / in my honest oppinion

and he probably mean the first post
Posted Image

#33 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 14 March 2006 - 16:15

i think we should just stay away from taiwan. its way too sesitive a subject. might result in the chinese blocking our site. i am not kidding my political forum is blocked in china.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#34 The_Hunter

-

• Gold Member
  • 12402 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 16:20

and in addition i tend to keep shockwave clean in the aspects of anything that could somehow offend any country, nation, religion or whatever you can think of.
Posted Image

#35 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 14 March 2006 - 17:10

Then all we can make out of this is to have the GLA based somewhere in an unclaimed island, as having them roots in any country is considered as offending thatsaid country. Remember that the GLA is an unfavourable terrorist organization ;)

#36 Prophet of the Pimps

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 17:24

I think we should have some african and south east asian missions.

I would like some of the nod missions like blowing up oil fields and such.
Or best is to revive the orca mission of Tiberian dawn where you have to take over a GDI base (In this case either China or USA base) and use their planes or helos to attack a civilian village. this cause an international outcry and you can show withdrawal of forces.

Edited by prophet of the pimps, 14 March 2006 - 17:26.

Posted Image

#37 logical2u

Professional

• 382 posts
  • Projects: A figment of my imagination

Posted 14 March 2006 - 17:28

(newb) Lik zomg lets putt teh GAL in spaec!!! (/newb)

Seriously though.
We need to set the campaign someplace *neutral*?
Just set it in China, ZH is probably illegal there already. It does have PvP combat.

Or, you could create a fictional country, and justify it by saying that it was formed off split up republics and stuff.

Like, say, Prezil, a dictator ship formed off rebelious portions of Peru and Brazil!

or Taghanistan, formed of Northern Afghanistan and southern Tajikistan.

Or Zanzibar! Wait, that's an actual place. Never mind.

-Logical2u
Keep Going On Till Dawn
How Many Times Must Another Line Be Drawn
We Could Be Down And Gone
But We Hold On

#38 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 14 March 2006 - 17:31

prophet of the pimps, on 15 Mar 2006, 01:24, said:

I think we should have some african and south east asian missions.

I would like some of the nod missions like blowing up oil fields and such.
Or best is to revive the orca mission of Tiberian dawn where you have to take over a GDI base (In this case either China or USA base) and use their planes or helos to attack a civilian village. this cause an international outcry and you can show withdrawal of forces.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GLA blowing off oil platforms? China be needing to save them from teh GLA? Sounds like a plan ;)

#39 Prophet of the Pimps

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 17:43

could be a three way battle.

You can be the GLA. your objective is to blow them up
Could be china and you have to take them over
Or could be the USA you have to take them over before the GLA destroys it and china takes over it.

Rember in shockwave China and USA might not be buddy buddy like they are in zero hour.
Posted Image

#40 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 18:00

Well, being that the GLA is a terrorist organization, it has cells throughout the world, and these cell's don't have to be affiliated with the government in the country. We'll just refer to the GLA's backers as generic "rogue nations" or something like that.
I thought of some mission ideas:
U.S. having to defend Taiwan from Chinese attack (of course, we may run into a problem there).
GLA mission where you have to assassinate/capture political leaders/ambassadors/UN workers.
US or China mission where you have to hunt down and eliminate GLA leaders in a city or mountainous area.
A preliminary idea for the final US mission:
"Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue"
The GLA have been nearly totally defeated again; the only military base they have left is General Deathstrike's fortress in Libya; however, sattelite scans show that he has transported nuclear missiles from Baikonur over to the stronghold, and all evidence indicates that he is to use them on undisclosed targets. Do not let this happen. The Libyan government has granted us permission to eliminate this rogue general and end the threat of the GLA once and for all. The GLA forces are cornered animals, and they are among the most well trained and equipped foes the GLA have to offer. Your forces will be deployed via an amphibious landing. Cover fire will be given by the US Mediterranean fleet. Good luck!
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 The_Hunter

-

• Gold Member
  • 12402 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 18:25

Waris, on 14 Mar 2006, 18:10, said:

Then all we can make out of this is to have the GLA based somewhere in an unclaimed island, as having them roots in any country is considered as offending thatsaid country. Remember that the GLA is an unfavourable terrorist organization ;)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well maybe not that clean but some modders give there gla units and weapons names that are related to the islam which is imo a very bad idea.
Posted Image

#42 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 18:27

I have to agree on that note, it shows a complete lack of respect for diversity.

#43 retry_1

sniper extrordanare

• 2591 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:07

i appologise for the tiwan thing but what of the basic idea?
witch is:
your suppyer has cut you off your enamy i helping your supplyer your supplyer is attacking the team left out has a conveniently abandoned base nearby
Posted Image

#44 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:31

I got an idea for a USA mission. Basically they figure out that one of the funders of the GLA is an American billionaire, and so they have to send a Spec Ops team composed of Burton, Pathfinders, and those CIA agents to retrieve him for questioning.

#45 spiderspag

Blah.

• 3650 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:00

What about a USA mission map in which Dr. Thrax's Viral Bomb production facility has been located... in a massive Industrial Site in the middle of an ex-Soviet city. Any and all means have been authorized to neutralize the GLA threat within the facility, but the local governments have specified that civilian casualties must be kept to a minimum, and none of Thrax's production infrastructure may be destroyed... or else vast clouds of Anthrax will be released and the city will be contaminated.

The facility is heavily defended from air attack, and the city is riddled with Stinger Sites, Tunnel Networks and buildings swarming with GLA troops. Civilian buildings destroyed must be kept to a minimum (say, under 10.) But in half an hour, Thrax's Scud Storm, specially modified to hold Viral warheads which kill the pilots of vehicles and kill infantry instantly, will come online to remove the US threat from his facility.

Thrax's heavily defended Command Centre must be captured, but NOT destroyed (as the cure for his manufactured disease must be known) and his forces neutralized.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 DoomsDay

Visitor

• 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:36

I like the idea :loel:

#47 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 00:20

Someone mentioned levels where you have to take a series of islands...a good map for that would be a US assault on a GLA stronghold in the Phillipines or Indonesia.
http://www.aph.gov.a...ide/FAD/sea.htm
http://www.cdi.org/t...rism/sea-pr.cfm
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users