Help with C&C3 Skirmish Maps.

2 replies to this topic

#1 AfterFlash

Title

• Member Test
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:33

OK, here goes, I made a C&C 3 map (just testing out) and I'm a beginner. But when I load it up on C&C3, the mini map display turns dark, and when I play in the map, it doesn't show the map. But the AI and all is working fine. Is this a glitch or something? Sorry if I don't know how to fix this, like I said before, I'm a newb at C&C3 mapping.

Thanks,

AfterFlash.

#2 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:27

The minimap display is something which EA didn't think about, you'll have to make a screenshot of it yourself, then save it in TGA, and add an _art behind the name.
mymap_art.tga for an example.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#3 OverlorD

Regular

• 177 posts
  • Projects: Mappers Guild C&C 3 Division

Posted 02 February 2008 - 13:16

Ok so admiral has it partly correct lil more complicated though step one open up your map in WB DO NOT Move around the map or anything from there go to view i think it is its in one of the sub menus but hit top down view.. then after it does that zoom out till u can see you map completly from the top down view after which u take a screen shot paste it in your favorite image editing prog.... that supports tga... from there cut the section out that shows your actual map... u dont want to ge any of the grey shit in your map preview.. paste that as a new image.. from there resize it to 256x256 yes it will most likly be distorted as all hell but somehow the game fixes this when its ingame... and now for the final step u need to flip it vertically and then save it as mymap_art.tga mymap being whatever the hell your map is named and poof there you go u now have yourself a map preview / minimap ingame
My city

Posted Image

CPL.Melanson (AKA OverlorD) Gunner of B32 M270A1 MLRS, CAMP Casey SOuth kOREA..

a soldier sent to fight in a God-less place
only to come home, and have a protester spit in his face
attends a fellow soldier’s funeral
who died serving to protect us all
and a murderer is what he’ll be called
by protesters who stand behind the cemetery wall
but the soldiers will still stand proud
cause of these men, the protester’s voices are allowed
the protesters chants are loud
but the soldiers are just happy to hear the crowd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users