• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:35

Part One:
Part One

Playlist:
Playlist

This is a speech given by one of the characters in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged towards the end.It is about 60 pages long with no interruption except 4 lines. Comes in 12 parts. I finishd the book about a month ago, but never got around to posting this video.

Watch and Discuss!
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#2 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:06

Though I am a (somewhat) religious man:

Every single word spoken in that speech, I can agree with. In fact, no issue brought up in said speech was not previously contemplated by me. However, what the speech managed to do was to convey my thoughts in a manner of words and not simple understanding.
I've always been a fan of Ayn Rand's work, but I have not read Atlas Shrugged. Upon hearing this speech in entirety, I must now consider reading this piece of literature.

The addressed points, especially those relating to selfishness, I have utilized time and time again in debates and discussions in English class and on the debate team. And time and time again, my opponents have failed to debunk said points.

So many are blinded by the ideas of altruism, and it saddens me.

#3 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 10 February 2008 - 19:13

I've read all three of the novels she wrote.

Every single word spoken in that speech, I can agree with. In fact, no issue brought up in said speech was not previously contemplated by me. However, what the speech managed to do was to convey my thoughts in a manner of words and not simple understanding.

Same here.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users