I'm worried about TIBERIUM.

59 replies to this topic

#51 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 19:26

I can't help it but people who make a fuss because of "bad language" really take it a little far, especially since many of these "evil words" are part of our everyday language anyway. In movies as well as in games they even serve a purpose: It becomes more believable because people DO talk like that and serves as a means of characterisation...

Edited by Rayburn, 10 March 2008 - 19:29.

#52 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 22:07

AO2 contains a fair share of swearing too

i dont get what the big deal about swearing is, i remember even some of my middle school teachers swore on accident

#53 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:59

What's AO2? And what swear did the teacher say? Something bad like "shit" or "cock"?
Don't ban me. I used it as an EXAMPLE!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:09

lol. We are actually pretty lenient with language here, don't freak out.
~SLG
kinda, sorta alive.

#55 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:31

Fuck yeah!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 amazin

• 1483 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 22:48

wow

but yea they have said fuck

#57 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 23:06

Sorry.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 amazin

• 1483 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 14:52

sorry?

but yea im sure EA wont let tiberium be rated M now that i think about it

#59 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:51

Here in Australia, Red Alert 2 is rated M (parental guidance recommended for people under 15). So is Generals and Tiberium Sun and Renegade is rated MA (15+ restricted). Only a very few games get R (18+ restricted), especially these days now that people have become more desentitised to violence in games (though Postal and similar titles such as Soldier of Fortune are actually banned by law here - the latter was allowed in once they took out the dismemberment feature). My parents were a little nervous about me playing M-rated games, because I got RA2 when I was 12 or something, but now they really don't care. I personally don't like blood or ultra-violence in games anyway, so it's not like they have anything to worry about (other than the amount of time I spend on them, but that's another story).

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:59

But here in the worst country on the planet, you need to have an ID to buy games that are M rated.

When I becum prez, I will abolish the ESRB and order Jack Thompson to be killed. In public. On a live TV broadcast.
I just hope EA doesn't show that footage to the ESRB. But, if EA doesn't, we might have the Oblivion incident all over again.

Edited by General Wesley, 23 April 2008 - 13:47.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users