←  Questions, Feedback and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Gold Member?

This topic is locked

Reaper94's Photo Reaper94 05 Mar 2008

i noticed major nuker went from staff to admin to gold member? what exactly is one???? i think i remember seing a display of what each one was in someones profile bnut cant remembers whose or nif i did o>o

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 05 Mar 2008

It's just a kind of honour badge for helpful things people have done for the community in the past.

kk just kinda cuirous, so hes sorta like retired staff?

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 05 Mar 2008

Retired is not the word you're looking for, but lets not talk about this here.
~SLG

edit cos *someone* (no need to bname names)

Match

are moaning at me cos they didnt understand what i wrote
Edited by Hyuga Hinata, 06 March 2008 - 07:41.

-.-

Just think of it as a thank you badge. It's not just ex-staff that are gold members, either. Stinger was a gold member before he became staff, as well.

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 05 Mar 2008

I think it's better comparable with veterenacy from Generals: do (many) good things, and get a medal :P

Jok3r's Photo Jok3r 05 Mar 2008

That sounds about right. Good analogy. One other thing though. I've never understood the difference between staff, forum mods, and admins
~SLG

Stinger's Photo Stinger 05 Mar 2008

CodeCat, on 5 Mar 2008, 19:01, said:

Stinger was a gold member before he became staff, as well.

After. :P

E.V.E.'s Photo E.V.E. 05 Mar 2008

I've never understood the difference between staff, forum mods, and admins

While Admins create new Forums and moderate on all Forums, just like Staff ( Staff can't create Forums though and they can also not change Board Settings ) , Moderators can only Moderate in one, or sometimes more Forum Parts.

Atleast thats what I think.

- E.V.E.

Mathias's Photo Mathias 05 Mar 2008

If you have done something big for this site or projects on this site, you will probably be a Gold Member when you resign.

Stinger, on 5 Mar 2008, 20:07, said:

I thought you were beforehand as well, for your work on SW or something?

Alias's Photo Alias 05 Mar 2008

CodeCat, on 6 Mar 2008, 6:43, said:

Stinger, on 5 Mar 2008, 20:07, said:

I thought you were beforehand as well, for your work on SW or something?
I think he got that Stalin Medal, but nothing else.

Cattman2236's Photo Cattman2236 05 Mar 2008

CodeCat, on 5 Mar 2008, 18:50, said:

It's just a kind of honour badge for helpful things people have done for the community in the past.

I would say that you Sir are correct lol

Hyuga Hinata, Some of us are retired staff/People who have done something to benefit the forums for example:

Ion Cannon = Made particle effects for ZH and was a forum mod in the ZH section of the forums if memmory serves me right.

I was a forum mod of the Art section/ZH section and i used to pump out loaaaaaaaaaaaads of signatures for members here.....man i feel so old those where the days.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 05 Mar 2008

I was Art and ZH^ Man I miss those days..

Not being a mod so much. But things were better back then - Oh dear.. turning this into a nostalgia thread :s

Cattman2236's Photo Cattman2236 05 Mar 2008

Ion Cannon!, on 5 Mar 2008, 20:49, said:

But things were better back then - Oh dear.. turning this into a nostalgia thread :s

Yeah.......yeah i know what you mean man those were that days.

Strategia's Photo Strategia 05 Mar 2008

Hyuga Hinata, on 5 Mar 2008, 19:48, said:

gold member? what exactly is one?

This. :P

Waris's Photo Waris 06 Mar 2008

I don't remember what I did to get this though O_o

Dr HaxX's Photo Dr HaxX 06 Mar 2008

Hyuga Hinata, on 5 Mar 2008, 10:56, said:

what is then

someone pm me plz

CLOSE PLZ

I hardly think this pertains to you Hyu. :lol: Since you do not know what happened, that means the event did not directly cross paths with you, and since I believe nothing is without purpose or by accident, I will assume rightfully so. Since it did not involve you, any discussion between you and whoever entertains the idea of PMing you "the whole story" will be participating in shameless gossip that violates the honor and dignity of the individual being discussed.

Now, I kindly ask you to edit your post, even if it's solely out of respect for another.

Reaper94's Photo Reaper94 06 Mar 2008

read what i said ffs

what is it then?

pm me

EVER THOUGHT I WANTED A PM SAYING WAT IT WAS

i didnt want the fucking life story just to know what it was

Prophet of the Pimps's Photo Prophet of the Pimps 06 Mar 2008

Waris, on 6 Mar 2008, 10:52, said:

I don't remember what I did to get this though O_o

You use to carry the Staff badge silly. Then you retired and then you got gold. :lol:

Dutchygamer's Photo Dutchygamer 06 Mar 2008

Hyuga Hinata, calm down! You have your answer, you should read the posts... :chillpill2:

SolidSpartan117's Photo SolidSpartan117 06 Mar 2008

As far as I know, Admins are the Gods of the Forum. They can change, edit, or do what they like, Global Moderators are just below that of an Admin, with power to move, delete, and create forums. Normal Mods have limited power, they can not move topics or threads and can only really edit or close topics. Thats what I believe, but don't quote me on that lol

E.V.E.'s Photo E.V.E. 06 Mar 2008

Hyugna Hinata, I hereby Verbally warn you for posting things like

read what i said ffs

what is it then?

pm me

You better change your Attitude towars the other Members soon.
People are trying to help you here and you just give them a kick in the Face. If you just want " someone to PM you " you could have also asked someone by writing him an PM or using an Instant Messenger - would have been way easier.

- E.V.E.

Reaper94's Photo Reaper94 06 Mar 2008

Match, on 6 Mar 2008, 5:45, said:

Hyuga Hinata, on 5 Mar 2008, 10:56, said:

what is then

someone pm me plz

CLOSE PLZ

I hardly think this pertains to you Hyu. :lol: Since you do not know what happened, that means the event did not directly cross paths with you, and since I believe nothing is without purpose or by accident, I will assume rightfully so. Since it did not involve you, any discussion between you and whoever entertains the idea of PMing you "the whole story" will be participating in shameless gossip that violates the honor and dignity of the individual being discussed.

Now, I kindly ask you to edit your post, even if it's solely out of respect for another.

Hyuga Hinata, on 6 Mar 2008, 7:40, said:

read what i said ffs

what is it then?

pm me

E.V.E., on 6 Mar 2008, 15:07, said:

Hyugna Hinata, I hereby Verbally warn you for posting things like

read what i said ffs

what is it then?

pm me

You better change your Attitude towars the other Members soon.
People are trying to help you here and you just give them a kick in the Face. If you just want " someone to PM you " you could have also asked someone by writing him an PM or using an Instant Messenger - would have been way easier.

- E.V.E.

1. i dont have aim or msn or icq or chatrooms - too many phschos
2. i most sincerely appologise for overreacting (if i did?) however, since i was young ive ALWAYS DETESTED being lectured, and (as much as i doubt anyone cares) im going through hard times and thats seriously screwing me up. Maybe i mis-perceived wat match said but the way i saw it is he was accusing me of trying to

violate the honor and dignity of the individual being discussed

also, i didnt "kick him in the face" i just lost it, as i said above im going thru hard time in my life and its changing me

i dont like ppol misreading wat i say cos it ALWAYS gets blown up (as it has here) out of all preportion but it happens to the best of us, so can i jsut kindly ask that people always read a post twice and appreciate not everyones mind is the same as "yours" the way someone percieves something and the way it was intended to be said.
This topic is locked