New Screens and Info

67 replies to this topic

#1 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 11 March 2008 - 16:29

The information

-The campaign is linear, thus features such as a strategic map or mission selection are not planned
-Resource collection will be revamped, and apparently it will do without ore fields- and bring it to the sea
-You don't have to be online at any point to play the campaign
-The multiplayer code of the SAG engine will be completely rewritten
-By no means are all units amphibious
-There won't be any unit with more than 2 abilities, to emphasize unit mixing, micro and prevent rushing/light-speed pace
-Units shot out of the Bullfrog transport ship are suspect to anti-air fire
- The AI commanders aiding you in one campaign will be enemies in another
-The Tesla trooper is still able to "overload" tesla coils and has a new name: Megavolt big grin
-New Russian hero unit: Natasha
-Shadows will be improved
-FMVs won't be that talkative, and were pre- filmed with developers for demonstrative purposes
-Concept arts show a Japanese infantry unit with a strange helmet that illuminates the grounds vertically with a blue light
- Artists were influenced by Soviet, China and Cuba propaganda for Soviet design
-The Japanese equivalent to Natasha and Tanya is a violet-haired girl named Alexis
-There are two types of bombers for the Allied- The precision bomber (No name yet), which does exactly what the preliminary name is suggesting, and the Century bomber, which carpet-bombs larger areas.

The screens
http://www.chrissyx....ra3/ra3-047.jpg

http://www.chrissyx....ra3/ra3-048.jpg

http://www.chrissyx....ra3/ra3-049.jpg

http://www.chrissyx....ra3/ra3-050.jpg

Hurray

#2 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 16:46

Those crap looking Apocalypse Wannabes and Boxy Bombers get a big Minus from me.
Rest sounds quite okay.

Only Female Heros though this Time :P let's see how that will do.
Pink Hair Neon Plasma Japanese Hero Geisha, can't wait to test that out, even if that Unit sounds strange.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#3 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 17:19

What's with the sudden outburst of fake feminism, EA? I want my blooming Boris back! Also, WTF at the Japanese heroine?
The new faction is just an overkill of craziness! How many more elements of Japanese pop culture will be in this game? Will we also get Godzilla and Gundams?
It's like the game is made by a bunch of weaboos...

``-The campaign is linear, thus features such as a strategic map or mission selection are not planned´´

Way to go backwards again.

``-You don't have to be online at any point to play the campaign´´

Are they really desperate enough to mention something this obvious as a feature?

Fuck sake...!

Edited by Rayburn, 11 March 2008 - 17:26.

#4 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 17:24

The campaign in Tiberium Wars was linear so I am not disappointed by that tid bit. You had to complete all the missions anyway and there were no bonuses for completing them in a particular order.

TBH, I don't really give a shit about singleplayer - it has limited replayability factor. As long as the multiplayer is good I'm happy.

#5 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 17:41

What's with the sudden outburst of fake feminism, EA?

sorry, but you really think put a female unit is feminism? sorry but no, the target audience for female unit are boys who want boobs in every game

Way to go backwards again.

for a lineal campaing? i dissagre, the last games i played with no-lineal campaing where basicaly skirmish with another name, i rathe play a lineal campaing than that

Are they really desperate enough to mention something this obvious as a feature?

Fuck sake...!

what do you think after see people claiming red alert 3 is not a C&C because they didnt announce it with the Command and Conquer?

also that bastard childs between the mig-15 fagot and crimson skies looks awesome
Posted Image

#6 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 18:50

View PostKiraSama, on 11 Mar 2008, 17:41, said:

What's with the sudden outburst of fake feminism, EA?

Yeah all this female shit is starting to piss me off too. Zone Raiders are just plain... Cheesey.

3 female commando's is too. I want my big hairy Borris back. Or a similar Rusky guy.

If EA wanted to be more sex equal then non front line combat units could occasionally be female. They are overkilling it alot ATM.

#7 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 18:55

They are having female heroes because the target audience are young men, Tanya is an icon, they just haven't got the message that 3 icons will be weaker than one.

#8 Alie

I want to Poop, Back and Forth. Forever

• 643 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 20:38

View PostRayburn, on 11 Mar 2008, 12:19, said:

What's with the sudden outburst of fake feminism, EA? I want my blooming Boris back! Also, WTF at the Japanese heroine?
The new faction is just an overkill of craziness! How many more elements of Japanese pop culture will be in this game? Will we also get Godzilla and Gundams?
It's like the game is made by a bunch of weaboos...

Japanese pop culture? LOL WHUT?
Posted Image

#9 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:10

Dude, Boris was pretty well the worst commando in any C&C game...

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#10 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 11 March 2008 - 21:21

Tanya+Natasha+Alexis= all russian names.

mmm...
Posted Image

#11 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 11 March 2008 - 22:37

View Postsmooder, on 11 Mar 2008, 16:29, said:

-Resource collection will be revamped, and apparently it will do without ore fields- and bring it to the sea

Overdoing the naval combat makes for epic fails. It needs to be an element of the game, not the bloody main focus.

#12 Red

Smell No Evil!!

• 581 posts
  • Projects: Nothing but posting...

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:28

"By no means are all units amphibious"

EA is focusing too much on naval stuff.....
Fav. mod:
-SWR
-Contra
-Tiberium Essence

Got juice!?

#13 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 20:13

View PostDevastator, on 12 Mar 2008, 21:28, said:

"By no means are all units amphibious"

EA is focusing too much on naval stuff.....

I often wonder if some people can read.

#14 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 20:23

I am seriously hating the look of RA3...

#15 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 12 March 2008 - 20:42

So you hated the look of RA2 too? :P

#16 nova

Femme fatale sith lord of the crystal city planet

• Banned
  • 1231 posts
  • Projects: zhu

Posted 12 March 2008 - 20:47

navys have been left out of cnc for way to long there is usaly only one or two naval units there was NONE in tiberian sun and only one simi controlable one in cnc3 i m glad that there ading them and the visual style is good for a change red alert is more comacal then tiberian howerver there over doing the amphbious i can see one or 2 and a land ship but not what they have that takes away the specialty and that cargo trans is boxy because its a SEAPLANE and i agree that crimsion sky mig cross is ausome that apoc replacement dose not look like an apoc but in the redalert series they apoc was only in once so i dont se why it cant change again due to ra2 not hapning tesla trooper name is suckish and i still dont like the cannon transport but it looks sortof good for a change

#17 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:42

View PostChris, on 12 Mar 2008, 20:23, said:

I am seriously hating the look of RA3...

Graphically Red Alert 2 was nothing to write home about but gameplay was where it was at.

Aside from the things I do not like, I am sure the gameplay will be as good here.

Edited by Stinger, 13 March 2008 - 14:23.

#18 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:42

View Postrich19, on 11 Mar 2008, 23:37, said:

Overdoing the naval combat makes for epic fails. It needs to be an element of the game, not the bloody main focus.

i agree in this one, even when the game will just change the papel of ground-water compared to other games i think able to pick resources both in ground and water will be better, i mean, that way you can have water only maps, ground only maps or ground with water maps in diferent quantitys

...but is original at least
Posted Image

#19 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 22:25

View PostKiraSama, on 13 Mar 2008, 12:42, said:

i agree in this one, even when the game will just change the papel of ground-water compared to other games i think able to pick resources both in ground and water will be better, i mean, that way you can have water only maps, ground only maps or ground with water maps in diferent quantitys

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but do you know what the last part of the sentence says: ''''And apparently it will do without ore fields''- And bring it to the sea''.
If this means ore fields will be removed, I'm going to start a riot.

And I mean, Tesla trooper gets changed to Megavolt? What are those guys smoking?

Edited by {LP}Admiral-(NL), 13 March 2008 - 22:26.

Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#20 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 23:29

View Post{LP}Admiral-(NL), on 13 Mar 2008, 22:25, said:

View PostKiraSama, on 13 Mar 2008, 12:42, said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but do you know what the last part of the sentence says: ''''And apparently it will do without ore fields''- And bring it to the sea''.
If this means ore fields will be removed, I'm going to start a riot.

And I mean, Tesla trooper gets changed to Megavolt? What are those guys smoking?

I seriously dont see the big deal here. IMO its time for something new.

#21 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 14 March 2008 - 00:03

Sorry, but I have to ask, is there any optimism in this forum at all? Can't we acknowledge that EA have in fact made good games (Generals and Zero Hour, and for God's sake they even oversaw the original RA2 for instance)? And moreover that no matter what you might think of certain unit designs or game choices, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it so there's really no point in endless whinging?
I am personally overjoyed to see that EA has revived one of their best franchises and what's more they're staying true to the original without making a carbon copy with souped-up graphics. That's called StarCraft II, and for those of you who like five-minute matches, virtually no gameplay variety and a fanbase so insanely dedicated they've made it into a religion where any change from the original is blasphemy, you're more than welcome to it. I played the first one, but frankly I can't be bothered getting the sequel - I got SC1 free and the only reason I bought Brood War was because Blizzard are so damn good at writing stories.
And what definite information is not to like about RA3 yet? Armoured bears (no more retarded that mind-controlled Giant Squid), naval warfare (the more the better - I love ships and navies, and having bases on water sounds so awesome to me, and having it tied up with resource collection finally gives people a real incentive to build a navy other than for shore bombardment), Kirovs are back (with nukes to boot!), we get the same fun and irreverent tone while keeping good gameplay (C&C3 tells us they can make what is at its core a good game experience, and what mistakes they made there they have picked up on - take giving RA3 slower games for instance, so I have no reason to assume it'll be crap, rather the opposite), we get Tesla technology (and Megavolt is at least more imaginative that Tesla Unit #1138), a from-the-start-integrated third faction (Japan actually makes sense in the timeline - they had Imperial ambitions, and without WWII it's possible they might have bided their time until their technology & industry became good enough to actually take on a strong Soviet state and the Allies with a chance of winning) with a unique flavour, and so on and so on and so on...
So, since we have seems to at least me to give every promise of being a fun, interesting RTS that keeps the franchise alive, can we be happy about that? Or do we have to flame it and highlight every single thing you don't like about how EA is running the game?
I really am sorry for the rant, and I fully respect everyone's right to their opinion and understand it may not line up with mine, but there just seems to be no positivity (well, I think it's a word) at all when it comes to any mention of upcoming games or EA and I'm getting tired of unceasing bashing of games left, right and centre. And when people aren't bashing, they're hyping.

Edited by CommanderJB, 16 March 2008 - 07:49.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:27

Someone on the Petro forums that this wasn't in the article, they're always referred to as 'Tesla Troopers'.

#23 WARthog

Hog of War

• 992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:46

I can only go with CommanderJB on this one.

I don't understand the negativity against the first screenshot from RA3.

First of all those are mainly promotional screenshots, and those rarely what the final game is going to be. Just think back to the first screenshots from RA2, Generals and C&C3 and compare them to now.

Anyway....i am really looking forward to RA3. It looks awesome, i always was a fan of the more comically looks of RA2 (it's a game after all) and the fun movie sequences.
The story sounds interesting too. After all Japan was a major player in WWII and might risen to a dominant empire if not for the defeat.
Finally there is a navy again and if it's only half as good as ra2 was, then yay!
And with this updated Sage engine it will be a feast for our eyes, i am sure of that.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Glory to the HYPNO TOAD

Hedonismbot: I apologize for nothing!

#24 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:20

there'll be 3 generals per faction. each with their own specialities
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#25 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:31

I thought that referred to the different AI-personalities that support you throughout the campaign?

Edited by Rayburn, 15 March 2008 - 08:31.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users