Gaming Charaters FIGHT!

330 replies to this topic

#326 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:20

/off topic

View PostCommanderJB, on 2 May 2008, 1:48, said:

Eclipse-class Star Dreadnought (Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption; carries several hundred turbolaser batteries with an energy output of several thousand gigatons per shot, several hundred ion cannons to disrupt enemy electronics, and of course a superlaser which can with one blast shatter any ship or moon and utterly destroy the biosphere of any planet in addition to several thousand TIE Fighters, energy and particle shielding with an energy output greater than that of a medium star, heavy armour plating, and several Imperial armoured divisions with tens of thousands of Stormtroopers, 100 AT-AT walkers, several hundred AT-ST scout walkers... and so on.)

Ever met a 0.0 corp in eve? this wouldn't stand a chance to that corp.

View PostGhostrider, on 21 Apr 2008, 20:15, said:

Tabuu, using his OP undodgeable attack continuously (Super Smash Bros Brawl).

It CAN be dodged, you gotta be good with your characters, and need a lot of luck.

/back on topic

Laser avenger
R.I.P. Luyo, I will never forget you.

#327 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:22

TEC Novalith cannon (Sins of a Solar Empire)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#328 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:34

The Black Fleet(MOO3)
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#329 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:14

View Postultra1437, on 6 Oct 2008, 15:20, said:

/off topic

View PostCommanderJB, on 2 May 2008, 1:48, said:

Eclipse-class Star Dreadnought (Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption; carries several hundred turbolaser batteries with an energy output of several thousand gigatons per shot, several hundred ion cannons to disrupt enemy electronics, and of course a superlaser which can with one blast shatter any ship or moon and utterly destroy the biosphere of any planet in addition to several thousand TIE Fighters, energy and particle shielding with an energy output greater than that of a medium star, heavy armour plating, and several Imperial armoured divisions with tens of thousands of Stormtroopers, 100 AT-AT walkers, several hundred AT-ST scout walkers... and so on.)

Ever met a 0.0 corp in eve? this wouldn't stand a chance to that corp.

You shouldn't have got me started, mate...
No, I haven't, and while uninformed yes, I think it would, respectively. Perhaps you don't appreciate just how nasty these things are, though I must say I wouldn't have thought there'd have been much doubt from my description. Let me give you an example. Your maximum targeting range is under two hundred kilometres. Clone Wars era heavy anti-ship cannons such as the Kuat Drive Yards DBY-827 heavy twin turbolaser are accurate out to ten light minutes. And after a quick search, I've turned up that the power grid on the largest and most powerful ship type in E.V.E. can produce a maximum of roughly one million megawatts, or a trillion watts. I can't help but chuckle. This is the maximum amount of energy you have to divert to everything; drives, shields, weapons. The hyperdrive alone of an Imperial-I class Star Destroyer, one sixteenth of the Eclipse's size, uses as much energy each jump as some planetary civilisations. This equates to easily 10^23 watts (using Earth as a basis, which isn't advanced to anything like the stage of civilisations in the Star Wars universe), for a peak output from the Sienar Fleet Systems 1-a2b solar ionisation reactor fitted aboard of over 10^25 watts(as they can jump with no charging necessary). That's over a sextillion watts, one followed by twenty-four zeroes! The Eclipse, powered by a hypermatter reactor tens of times more powerful than this, can channel enough energy into her deck guns to swat a Titan like a fly without even thinking about using the superlaser.
Star Wars exists in an entirely different league to any other sci-fi universe. It's that simple. Go here to have a look if you're honestly into this sort of stuff, but the calculations stack up so far in Star Wars' favour in every area that I can conclusively tell you you won't even touch it.

Edited by CommanderJB, 07 October 2008 - 09:48.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#330 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 23:00

Let's get back on topic.

VacBoB (Marathon Infinity)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#331 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.